**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

R3ing 6* already have as maxed 5*s?

Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
I have seen a few threads talking about when/if you should stop focusing on ranking up 5*s, but I'm a little curious on players thoughts on what to do when you pull a good 6* you already took up as a 5*? If you knew in advance when/if you were going to pull a certain champ you could make different decisions, but you don't. So, if you pull a good champ as 6* you already ranked as 5* and high sig doesn't matter, do you rank the 6* as well or do they just sit? This has now happened to me several times, but I can't necessarily say I regret the 5* rank up since it made sense at the time. Also, sometimes the sig does matter and I don't need 2 of the same champ, so 5* awakened makes more sense in that scenario. Plus, it doesn't make sense to me to wait for years in hopes of one day pulling the 6* version when I can take up the 5* version now. What are your thoughts?

Comments

• StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Here’s a list of champs I have at 6r2/3 that I also have at 5/65 and the reason why:
    Doom: I got the six star well after I 5/65ed the five star and it’s Doom. You’re nuts if you don’t have him at max possible rank
    Red Guardian: I love playing him and his prestige is good. Again, I got the six star well after I got the 5/65, sig200
    CGR: Big damage. Again, I got the six star after I 5/65ed the five star. Pays to have two of them.
    Havok: I needed to use my mutant t5cc and I figured “Hey, Havok is a solid champ, I can use one on defense and one on offense”
    Champs that I have at 5/65 that I will 6r3 when I can:
    All of them. Six stars are the three of the game and if a champ is worth r5ing, they’re worth r3ing eventually.
  • Sean_WhoSean_Who Posts: 618 ★★★
    Any that I like to use, with act 7 giving boosts to 6 stars in sure they'll bet useful in all the acts to come.
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★

Here’s a list of champs I have at 6r2/3 that I also have at 5/65 and the reason why:
    Doom: I got the six star well after I 5/65ed the five star and it’s Doom. You’re nuts if you don’t have him at max possible rank
    Red Guardian: I love playing him and his prestige is good. Again, I got the six star well after I got the 5/65, sig200
    CGR: Big damage. Again, I got the six star after I 5/65ed the five star. Pays to have two of them.
    Havok: I needed to use my mutant t5cc and I figured “Hey, Havok is a solid champ, I can use one on defense and one on offense”
    Champs that I have at 5/65 that I will 6r3 when I can:
    All of them. Six stars are the three of the game and if a champ is worth r5ing, they’re worth r3ing eventually.

Ok, my general rule of thumb has been if they have really valuable utility where I could use 2 at the same time, I take up the 6* as well. I've done it so far for Warlock and Apocalypse, and will take up BWCV to R3 when I can. I just pulled Mole Man from the SOP Skill Nexus and figured he would be a great champ to have as a 5* and R3 because again, he has great utility/damage and it wouldn't hurt to have 2 of him. :) Thanks for the input!