**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Cav Players Done Dirty for SOP Finale

13»

Comments

• Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

Lvernon15 said:

There’s a reason the complaining cav player stereotype exists, this is that reason

Cheers Mate, I can’t wait for two six star cyclops and a material I get in a weeks worth of aq in advance
    Glad you’re excited for your cyclops
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Mauled said:

It's literally 3 fights for half a 6 star, 3 t4cc selectors, a t5 basic and a nice chunk of t2 alpha.

People have been spoiled by the SOP milestone rewards.

Can't wait for all the future threads complaining that the side-quests aren't on par with SOP. :/

3 fights lol

These are some of the toughest fights in the game, a resource sink for most players.

That GM fight alone empties ppl's stash. Not everyone is as skilled as some of you. I'm a TB and I still think this content is bollocks.
    Exactly, it is not about 3 fights or spoiled by SOP. Ok for a sec lets assume SOP spoiled most players ok? But even then SOP fights were weekly and we got 1 week to fight 1 champ and get rewarded incrementally. But now we have to fight 3 big monster fights which are indeed top level bosses in ths game in current meta. And the rewards dont justify it as a whole thats all. I mean T4CC for completion tha too a single ? Even a single easy path from LOL gibes out 3 of each class am i worng and obviously those 3 bosses are tougher then entire LOL 1 path whatever you count.at least 1 25% T5CC would make it motivational to do it. Fighting grandmaster 1nce in ACT gives out the top level Reward then why give out a fraction of that here?
    You've never fought the Grandmaster. You're barely even cavalier. How can you even have an opinion on any of this? You don't even have that many R5 5*s and you're saying t4cc is a slap in the face? You need 15 for R2/3 for a 6*.

You're the last person to be having any opinion on this.
    T4CC selectors are pretty much a wet dream at this point
    I was soooooo happy when I clicked on the t4 selector and saw that 3x on it, expecting 5 and got 15
  • Joker1976Joker1976 Posts: 440 ★★
    I’m cavalier and quite happy with rewards . I finished all 9 fights and was able to form 2 t5 cc. I consider week 9 ending the bulk of rewards and final week optional for extra loot. As Cavalier I am just grateful I was able to participate and think the Sop event overall was fair and excellent .
  • DiplodocusDiplodocus Posts: 234 ★★★
    Chelonii said:

Here is a good personal example. I was uncollected with Hercules started, so If I went to cav I got punished by missing out on event rewards.
    July the 4th sales lumped all the uncollected in with lvl 5s (how convenient for me)
    If uncollected where allow to do SOP I could have easily gotten 5 points.
    I got to Cavalier for Sym Supreme. I beat him and ghost. So I got 10K 6* shards.
    Because of the enforced limits on uncollected, I got screwed out of not participating in SOP earlier.
    Because of enforced limits on cavalier not having quests TB have, I couldn't get anymore points when I did get Cav.
    Because there are no quests for Cavalier for the end of SOP I can spend lots of units to complete for 5k shards or lots more to complete for the extra 15k shards.

I only have 3 rank 1 6*s and 1 rank 5 5* and a few rank 4 5*s. Also I got Captain Marvel OG from my SOP rewards so yay.....

Would you feel screwed over if you were in my place?

I am literally in your position, with only difference that I got cavalier one week before u and was able to solo all 4 SOP fights after I became cav......Got 15 k 6* shards from SOP and then today I completed first run of boss rush and will not do exploration( i would have tried to do exploration but have no counter for mysterio). I am very happy that they even allowed caveliers to even participate. It is better to get less rewards than none.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    edited August 2021
    Chelonii said:

Here is a good personal example. I was uncollected with Hercules started, so If I went to cav I got punished by missing out on event rewards.
    July the 4th sales lumped all the uncollected in with lvl 5s (how convenient for me)
    I got to Cavalier for Sym Supreme. I beat him and ghost. So I got 10K 6* shards.
    Because of the enforced limits on uncollected, I got screwed out of not participating in SOP earlier.
    Because of enforced limits on cavalier not having quests TB have, I couldn't get anymore points when I did get Cav.
    Because there are no quests for Cavalier for the end of SOP I can spend lots of units to complete for 5k shards or lots more to complete for the extra 15k shards.

I only have 3 rank 1 6*s and 1 rank 5 5* and a few rank 4 5*s. Also I got Captain Marvel OG from my SOP rewards so yay.....

You shouldn’t be TB. You should barely be Cav with that roster which is effectively 2 R5s + a lot of money spent. You’re still a glorified UC player with a wallet so you’re a terrible example.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★
    edited August 2021
    Graves_3 said:

Lol I have Two T5CC and my level is 54. Skill and cosmic

And?
    Clearly it’s an RNG problem!! They don’t have the BGT six star champ in the skill and cosmic class worthy of r3.
    Most likely the problem is that they haven’t cleared 6.4 yet..SMH!!
    I'm willing to get they have less than 10 6*'s.
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★

Graves_3 said:

And?
    Clearly it’s an RNG problem!! They don’t have the BGT six star champ in the skill and cosmic class worthy of r3.
    i mean you'd be surprised about how many cav players have beaten act 6, now have an r3, but aren't level 60. i've seen at least 10 or so posts in the last day about how to get to level 60 quickly

Graves_3 said:

And?
    i mean you'd be surprised about how many cav players have beaten act 6, now have an r3, but aren't level 60. i've seen at least 10 or so posts in the last day about how to get to level 60 quickly
    I'm seeing it more and more as well but you can't blame not being TB on RNG if you've only opened 10-15 6*'s.
  • Quantum_FizzixQuantum_Fizzix Posts: 94
    walkerdog said:

Its supposed to be summer of PaINnnn………

Instead it’s Summer of Game is Broken
  • THEComic23THEComic23 Posts: 50
    So, Im confused with conflicting statements made by people... do you get the rewards for completion and/or exploration for beating this final SoP as a Cav player or not? I will likely have to put some resources into it to win but I dont want to waste anything if it only gives rewards for TB players.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

So, Im confused with conflicting statements made by people... do you get the rewards for completion and/or exploration for beating this final SoP as a Cav player or not? I will likely have to put some resources into it to win but I dont want to waste anything if it only gives rewards for TB players.

Yes, you get the completion and exploration rewards as cav. You just don't have access to the additional TB objectives
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,122 ★★★★★

I would explore for the t4cc selectors. No exaggeration.

None here either. Those t4cc don't exactly roll in *cough* mutant *cough*
  • THEComic23THEComic23 Posts: 50
    Haji_Saab said:

Yes, you get the stated reward as you see in the game
    See, thats why I asked. Maybe it shows what you get for explo and completion for TB but I see nothing on my screen for week 10 of SOP rewards. All I have had to go off of are the pics posted on the forum

Haji_Saab said:

Yes, you get the stated reward as you see in the game
    See, thats why I asked. Maybe it shows what you get for explo and completion for TB but I see nothing on my screen for week 10 of SOP rewards. All I have had to go off of are the pics posted on the forum
    You have to go into the quest where you pick your team. In the bottom left there is a button that says Quest Rewards.
  • AzmingAzming Posts: 37

This is my sole opinion

This is disgusting from Kabam, I cannot comprehend why they think these rewards are even remotely a reflection of the difficulty of the SOP Finale, as a Cav player who was preparing to take this and had taken all prior fights with one shots excluding the Mysterio. In my opinion, 5K 6* Shards and T4CC Selector and a T5B and some T2A isn’t fair for taking out two SOP fights and The GM with only one champ, and the exploration is the same, for the amount of work and effort on taking fights like Mysterio and Rogue back to back followed by GM along with 5 other paths each with a plethora of challenges these rewards do not even come somewhat close…I’m disappointed, I’ve completed a lot of the same content most of TB players have and have a full T5CC in Cosmic so to see this just frustrates because in the end of you do it you played well and deserved it

The first season of SOP is over and now the final season has started.

If u just became TB ( like me ) or on the way to be TB, Then this event is not suitable for u and me ( unless u have a tons of pots and units). I know the rewards are yummy, But its supposed for them... the veterans. One champ, 2 minibosses each, 1 boss, and its GM. Ill skip.

Note for me : Dont be greedy, Dont push urself, Know ur limit. U should finish Katarina's challenge vol 1 first.
  • TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★

This is my sole opinion

This is disgusting from Kabam, I cannot comprehend why they think these rewards are even remotely a reflection of the difficulty of the SOP Finale, as a Cav player who was preparing to take this and had taken all prior fights with one shots excluding the Mysterio. In my opinion, 5K 6* Shards and T4CC Selector and a T5B and some T2A isn’t fair for taking out two SOP fights and The GM with only one champ, and the exploration is the same, for the amount of work and effort on taking fights like Mysterio and Rogue back to back followed by GM along with 5 other paths each with a plethora of challenges these rewards do not even come somewhat close…I’m disappointed, I’ve completed a lot of the same content most of TB players have and have a full T5CC in Cosmic so to see this just frustrates because in the end of you do it you played well and deserved it

TBH i agree with you on only 1 thing that in the SOP milestones each milestones gave you good reward incremently. We fought 1 boss each week it was good, challenging and at the end of the day it was 1 fight and we got good reward for each point. But now for doing 3 same 2 bosses of past week and grandmaster should NOT be giving 5000 6* shards and those other stuff. T4cc is a slap on the face atleast 25% T5CC selector 1 of it should have been added to completion and 2500 additional 6* shards mind you this is not even fully formed one also keep mind we will be fighting 3 big beefy bosses not everybody has rank 3 top beyond god tier champs to play.Kabam can still bump the rewards by only adding additional 2500 6* shards and 1 25% T5CC selector. That will make the completion look good for all CAV players.

You are just looking at it from 6 star champion POV. For cavs, it is more than just 6 star champs. They need to work their 5 star roster as well. The completion T4CC will help in rank up of 5 and 6 star champs both. Players do mention the lack of T4cc from time to time, so the selectors are to help with whichever class they want.

They wont give you a 25% T5CC just for completion. You must be out of your mind to think so. There is a 25% T5CC selector from completing Act 6, and you want it from just 3 fights?

The milestone rewards were for every week's effort combined. The finale is meant to be a challenge, and fun. Many players will not even try it. For cavs who have not reached 6.4, it can be a very good practice ground to try out the grandmaster and get the feels of how to fight him, and of his phases. Will 2 matches to do before reaching him, players will get into the hang of doing long matches without getting KOed.
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★
    Why is it a slap in the face lol? That's rubbish. I'm TB, and pretty much happy with the SoP rewards. Going to try the finale, but if I don't complete it, the earlier rewards itself were worth it for me. This is like a bonus that I didn't expect 90 odd days ago.
  • CheloniiChelonii Posts: 20
    Mauled said:

You shouldn’t be TB. You should barely be Cav with that roster which is effectively 2 R5s + a lot of money spent. You’re still a glorified UC player with a wallet so you’re a terrible example.

No wallet, I have been F2P. Only units are from arena.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    grfvb said:

xNig said:

This is my sole opinion

TBH i agree with you on only 1 thing that in the SOP milestones each milestones gave you good reward incremently. We fought 1 boss each week it was good, challenging and at the end of the day it was 1 fight and we got good reward for each point. But now for doing 3 same 2 bosses of past week and grandmaster should NOT be giving 5000 6* shards and those other stuff. T4cc is a slap on the face atleast 25% T5CC selector 1 of it should have been added to completion and 2500 additional 6* shards mind you this is not even fully formed one also keep mind we will be fighting 3 big beefy bosses not everybody has rank 3 top beyond god tier champs to play.Kabam can still bump the rewards by only adding additional 2500 6* shards and 1 25% T5CC selector. That will make the completion look good for all CAV players.
    Aren't you the one who said you're more skilled than 90% of the playerbase or something? LoL

Anyway, Cav players need to stop acting like this content is made for them. It's not. They're just invited in to take a look at the scenery. If you think the rewards are not worth the effort, don't do it.

The first 9 weeks of SOP were EASY, and the rewards were too good.

Tbh, I feel that these 2-week finale's rewards actually match the difficulty pretty well and was pretty much on par with what I expected with the entire SoP as a whole. Limited slots, challenging fights, non restrictive boss.
    90% ? 😳 is he that good? 🍿🍿
    In a puddle. Maybe. But in the ocean… 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Chelonii said:

Nope.
  • SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    Long time Cav here. These final rewards, from my standpoint, are very, very nice. I won't do the fights, I don't have the revives after exploring EQ cav, and I want to keep whatever I get from here and there to finish Act 6 at last. I wish I could do las SoP week though, for the rewards.
    But, if I was a TB, then I would agree, that these rewards are not what expected for an event like this, especially after getting better rank rewards earlier.
  • ccrider474ccrider474 Posts: 643 ★★★
    I agreed with the tb requirement of a r3 was rubbish when in came out.

I was probably one of the biggest done hard by it. Something like 12 r5 5* and 10 r2 6*. You put those resources out of 6 into 5 for perspective that could have been 27 r5 and I wasn't good enough for the title. I explored all variants at that stage and explored act 6 up to 6.3.4 or 5 when it dropped.

Finished 6.3 and half of 6.4 then got lucky on cav explore and got my r3. I hit all the monthly objectives do all hard content still haven't finished my explore of last 3 maps of 6.4 and got 3 maps 7.2, haven't touched abyss and I have 11 r3 6 with all those resources still on the board. The ways to obtain t5c are much greater now with so many ways to get it.

I personally still don't like the rankup requirement but it will never change now and you have to do whatever nets you that t5c. Don't worry about what other people are doing in game. Just play yours push for that rank up materials to get you to next milestone.
  • Doctorwho13Doctorwho13 Posts: 586 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Chelonii said:

Nope.
    Hades must have frozen over. I have never ever ever ever ever ever seen a post so short from you before.

I’m buying a lottery ticket.