**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Summer Of Pain - UPDATED [June 16 - 14:00 PT]

Comments

• TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Gomezlink said:

The real pain was to open the rewards, I had a selective between nighttrasher, kingpin, moonkinght, while people from the alliance, which neither tronebreaker was took out human-tourch and cosmic ghost rider, game based on luck is annoying...Now it really doesn't pay to make this grandmaster, spend units (and there will be many, I have no idea of ​​a counter for rogue and mystery), and you can gather and buy better rewards at the end of the year.
    Not everything, it's for everyone, and this ending isn't for me

You had two good champs. Stop it.
    Ghost is still bugged. She’s reflecting passive damage using her own attack rating as opposed to reflecting exactly what’s done to her. I used a low sig domino and it was reflecting at 1134 per tick instead of like 215.
    Haji_Saab said:

TyEdge said:

Has anyone else crashed their game during the GM fight and come back with a really weird amount of health? Mine would return at like 5% no matter where I started.

Yep, it always returns you at 5% … caught me by surprise as well
    1) I don’t recall this being an issue with 6.4.6 GM. Was I unaware?

2) was this actually published or noted anywhere? It’s a big change, and it’s often cheaper/quicker to die from 5% rather than spend healing items.
  • AzmingAzming Posts: 37
    Riza_20 said:

@Kabam Zibiit
    How come grandmaster hit through block. Throughout the fight he hit through block. Specially the last 30% you might wanna consider well timed block ain’t gonna work there. He just hit through each time I tried.

It happened to me during Zugswang Phase (30% hp) in story quest. He always hit me first thus i cannot dex nor parry everytime i started again. It cost me 1000 units or more for revive. That was 2 months ago. Now I dont want to fight him again. Always thought its just me with slow hand.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Rillian said:

I actually quite like the grandmaster fight, I just simply can’t do it. Maybe the parry dex bug had an impact. I definitely got clipped enough times. Maybe it didn’t.

I’m pretty gutted that I’ve been practicing solos all summer with different champ combinations but I’m not going to be able to give the finale a decent shot.

Pulled Yellowjacket with the rewards.

For science: in 646, I had aegon, heimdell. Zero stash. It cost 1K units.

This time. R3 Spidergwen.

I soloed darkhawk, and used a couple of revives on rogue, pure laziness.

She starts the GM fight almost fully ramped up.

Cost: 40+ revives all the compensation health and more and… drum roll…. almost 3k units.

I’m fairly sure I was playing better than during 646. I knew what was going on, mostly, even if I couldn’t react fast enough.

I have real trouble anticipating his sp1, I did get better though. If I got one down, I struggled with two in a row and never got through 3. I also never managed to successfully bait his sp1. I must have died at least 30 times trying to do so.

Then there was him dashing backwards on stand still commands, getting me to auto run. Surely hold block is a different action to stand still? heavy counters on my intercept missions, etc etc. I probably pushed him to wounded 5 or 6 times during the course of the fight. I reached a maximum of 12 competence, and died.

First time round I brought mr sinister in case I couldn’t do the reverse controls part. Aegon never stayed alive long enough to see them.

Sgwen not only frequently did but also once hit the mega damage phase with the reverse controls.

Im sure I’ll get better with more practice, im just not sure how much practice I need or can afford.

This is my summer of pain: putting in so much work to solo as many of the paths with as many different champs as possible, then not even be able to use that knowledge because I simply cannot do the grandmaster.

This is just my experience. I’ve never read anything close to as bad on the forums and Reddit. I don’t know if this means I am genuinely well out of my depth, or everyone else is already well and truly drownded.

You can block during stand still to keep you from dashing forward.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Rillian said:

You can block during stand still to keep you from dashing forward.

Yes I worked that out after a while.

I assumed there would be consistency between say mojos hold block command and the grandmaster’s stand still but obviously not
    I think you're thinking of Mojo's idle command. Idle means stand still without holding block. Stand still just means stand still, whether by idling or holding block
    edited August 2021
    It’s wild that they gave us this content with a bugged mysterio link to start, a bugged ghost that’s amplifying passive damage, and they silently changed it so resets/disconnects against the GM leave you at 5% health, basically consuming the entire value of any potions used (and more) on top of parry/dex
  • StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    edited August 2021
    Not sure the grand master is aware he can throw its sp1 !

4 times he did go directly to sp3 without doing sp1 or sp2 😑
  • Jmille85Jmille85 Posts: 101
    Why release this Grandmaster SOP fight with all the bugs going on? I have 100% Act 6 but yet I spent 2k units on Grandmaster due to dex not working 90% of the time which is really not great when GM SP1 is unblockable. I would have loved to 100% this challenge however I won’t even think of it until Kabam fixes dex…
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 745 ★★★★
    Any news on when we getting items back for fighting bugged GM..?
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,126 ★★★★★
    Monk1 said:

There’s said next week
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    I finished SOP quest the second day. I found grandmaster extremely fun even though I threw a ton of units for the fights. I'm trying to see where the prestige game goes from here because my ally needs to be top 20 lol.

I would appreciate compensation for the bugs but I don't see it happening.
  • Ryan_WardellRyan_Wardell Posts: 6
    Gamer said:

Monk1 said:

There’s said next week
    We are into next week and still no compensation, I’m not doing any more fights of the SOP until compensation. Come on kabam hurry up….

• PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,830 ★★★★★
    edited August 2021
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Lyra

Please extend for another week, it is so difficult to play the game with the amount of lag and dropped inputs I’m getting. Sometimes my game even crashes.

To put things in perspective, would it be fair for us to rush you guys to drop the compensation at an earlier date so that we could actually have the time to use the item package? In that same regard, it wouldn’t be fait for us to only have a limited amount of time to utilize the compensation. In the same way, we shouldn’t rush you.

Extending it by a week allows for a compromise.

• Is anyone else experiencing Dex failure in the GM again? I had two fights were in Phase 1, I have to Dex and I failed each time. 🙄 Is the bug back?
  • king_ov_scrubsking_ov_scrubs Posts: 396 ★★★

edited August 2021
    It’s incredibly disheartening to go 27/27 on SOP on one account, 20/27 on my alt, then only have the patience and willpower for one GM kill each in the finale. Some of the parry and dex issues are just so inexcusably, unpredictably bad. You could have at least left the 50% HP penalty in place instead of resetting to 5%.

Oh, and when you get a 6-star as your reward and it’s OG Cap, even worse. I know I don’t speak for the whole playerbase, but it’s been a real demotivating kinda experience.

It goes back again to the utter lack of crystal choice at the 6-star level and the general unavailability of awakening gems. Hoping for x/160ish champs is no fun at the moment.