**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

AQ start time changed ?

I've never started a new thread, but noticed this morning that AQ is starting at 2pm eastern US time. AQ has traditionally started at 3pm, but last week was daylight savings here in the US.

Is this intended?

If not, when will be return to 3pm est start times for AQ?

If this is intended, why has this changed?

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    The time ingame changed to what it previously was.
    AQ starts 2 hours after arena starts too
  • NinjaWarrior99NinjaWarrior99 Posts: 340
    MrMojo wrote: »
    I've never started a new thread, but noticed this morning that AQ is starting at 2pm eastern US time. AQ has traditionally started at 3pm, but last week was daylight savings here in the US.

Is this intended?

it appears Kabam did not adjust to daylight savings time :)
    I do not recall the start time ever changing before due to DST.....oh well
  • LightvayneLightvayne Posts: 510 ★★★
    From what I experienced in the past, in-game times to not change because of daylight savings. So for the most part, everything will now be 1 hour earlier
  • MrMojoMrMojo Posts: 97
    eXtripa69 wrote: »

I don't see a 2 hour different in arena times and AQ. The current areas ends & new arenas start at 1pm est (like usual), but AQ starts 2pm est today. For as long as I can remember, it has had a 3pm est start time.
  • StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    edited November 2017
    haha
  • StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    edited November 2017
    yeah they messed up. oh well maybe it'll go back to normal next round.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    MrMojo wrote: »
    eXtripa69 wrote: »

I don't see a 2 hour different in arena times and AQ. The current areas ends & new arenas start at 1pm est (like usual), but AQ starts 2pm est today. For as long as I can remember, it has had a 3pm est start time.

Ok I saw it now ... My bad, it is starting 1 hour sooner than what it was previously.
    Ok, so I'm not losing it... Thanks everyone. Wish Kabam would comment on this.

AQ has traditionally started at 3pm est, but noticed this morning that AQ is starting at 2pm eastern US time.

Is this intended?

• Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    I’m assuming we will be getting emergency maintenance soon
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    It’s called daylight savings
  • ItWaSnTmEItWaSnTmE Posts: 6
    @Deadbyrd9, yes, it's related to daylight savings time (as mentioned above). The issue is that this is a change in behaviour on how Kabam is handling DST compared to how it was handled in the past. Before, it was always 3pm EST, regardless if DST was in affect or not. Now it's based on a specific point in time.

This also causes an issue with events, such as SA. There is now an hour gap where people could open crystals and level up champs and not gain any points towards an SA event.

It can also cause issues with AQ, as it can increase the time of when champs are released from AW and made available for AQ. For example, we like to start AW 1 hour later than AQ. That still gives everyone 1 hour from the conclusion of AW to be available in AQ before energy starts getting wasted. Due to not knowing about this issue, our champs will not be available for 2 hours after the start of AQ. That means we're probably going to have wasted energy due to this change (and we're planning on running map 6).

Not everyone uses DST, so I could see arguments if it should be a point in time or if it uses DST. However, if the change was intentional, Kabam should have communicated that with the community well in advance in the change in behaviour. Since this was not communicated (and Kabam has indicated that they will do their best to communicate all changes in advance), it appears to be a bug.

I'm not sure what the correct solution is, but to start, Kabam should acknowledge the issue and explain what they're going to do (or at least that they're looking into it). At minimum, I think any crystal openings / level ups done in the hour where there is no SA should have the points adjusted and applied to the new SA.
    edited November 2017
    Also, the AQ events, such as node removal, start an hour later than AQ. So that's an hour where you're doing AQ but not gaining points towards an AQ event (and an hour at the end where the events are running but there is no AQ). I'm sure there are more scenarios where this causes an issue that aren't listed yet.

Maybe the best solution for AQ and it's events is to let day 1 run for 25 hours.
  • It looks like this one wasn't adjusted for Daylight Savings Time. It is meant to still start at 12pm Pacific Time, and will be back to this next week.

Sorry for the confusion on this one. I've also asked the team to take a look at the supporting Alliance Events start time.
    Thanks for the update.
    You guys make such a big deal about small things
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    iilao7hps6dz.png
    rdhw0niopcjr.png0ty8k7pzd3cc.png
    AQ score not updating. Should we be worried?
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    edited November 2017
    GbSarkar wrote: »
    iilao7hps6dz.png
    rdhw0niopcjr.png0ty8k7pzd3cc.png
    AQ score not updating. Should we be worried?

Can others check as well?

Edit: Nvm, score has now updated
  • Superman69Superman69 Posts: 534 ★★★
    ItWaSnTmE wrote: »
    Also, the AQ events, such as node removal, start an hour later than AQ. So that's an hour where you're doing AQ but not gaining points towards an AQ event (and an hour at the end where the events are running but there is no AQ). I'm sure there are more scenarios where this causes an issue that aren't listed yet.

Maybe the best solution for AQ and it's events is to let day 1 run for 25 hours.

Yeah because those AQ events are SO hard to do right ?
    Most of them are completed in like the first hour lol.

That being said, events need updating Kabam. AQ and alliance. PHC shards have been outdated for quite a while now.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    So the whole world has to accommodate the US daylight savings time?

I thought the whole game was based on constant timers. 2hrs for this, 24hrs for that, etc. so that when New Zealand had it's daylight savings time last month, we still have the full timer to do our events like everyone else regardless of what time it was on our clocks.
    edited November 2017
    @Dexman1349 that’s how it does work but Americans are greedy and hate when things change in a way that might not even effect them
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    It’s called daylight savings

Reallllllly? I totally didn't mention that in my original post... oh wait, I did.
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    So the whole world has to accommodate the US daylight savings time?
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    @Dexman1349 that’s how it does work but Americans are greedy and hate when things change in a way that might not even effect them

Simply asking if this was working as intended has brought about some well thought out responses. Thank you for your contributions to this thread.

End result; it was an error.

• Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Adjusting event/quest/AQ/etc timers for daylight savings time in the US is not fair to anyone other than Kabam employees.

All timers should run the same cycles regardless of where in the world you live and whatever daylight savings time you're on.

Yes, that means that for several months events start at 3pm and other months it starts at 2pm. But at the end of the day, you still have exactly the same amount of time as every other similar event.
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 777 ★★★
    Since i live in Italy, I'd like to have this starting time forever... 1 Hour makes things easier for us.