**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

New State of the Battlerealm map

2»

Comments

• RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,745 ★★★★★

In my usual fashion, and in association with @Etjama, I’ve tried to decode this state of the battlerealm

1. Hellcat or other associated Defender character such as Valkyrie. Also possible this some random EQ storyline associated Character

2. Possibly another Sigil exclusive champ, or Wiccan/Speed. White Vision is a possibility but I’m iffy on that one. Could also be MCU Scarlet Witch for Dr Strange 2. I’m going to bet Speed and you’ll see why once we reach 4 and 5

7.Sersi

8. Icarus. These two could be any character in the eternals really, but these two seem the most prominent. Sersi and Black Knight could be another pairing, Thena and the villain, the combinations are endless really

10. It’s Kitty Pryde

11. Captain Britain. Has to be. Surely

12. Sam Wilson Captain America, or Captain Carter. Leaning towards Sam Wilson. Maybe Zemo...

15. It’s Nimrod

16. Ok, it could be Bastion, it could be Machine Mold. But you know who I think it is. Omega Sentinel. In fact, I think we might see all the champ vote champs that made it to the second round. So that would be Ironheart, Omega Sentinel and Morbius. And would you look at that, we have squares for all of them

17. Any Asgardian champion. Valkyrie, Beta Ray Bill has a significant chance. Could even be Surtur or Gorr. Because Love and Thunder is releasing in 2022, I think is probably Gorr, which means No. 1 could be the second champ for that month, Valkyrie

18.Alright, I’m staking my claim for Knull. I was hesitant, but with Mr Negative conformed for the left side of the puzzle, and another space for Sandman, I’m calling this shot

19. Anti-Venom. He’s here or he’s number 18. Confirmed.

20. 20, 21 and 22 are all likely to be Spider-Man related champions. One thing I’m fairly certain of is that one of them will be Sandman (Since Gabe has said they have previously tested making his model), and another is likely to be Morbius. Where out of these 3 I’m not sure.

23. It’s Galactus, who is determined to consume the Battlerealm with the passion of me taking a Physical Education class

I’m very interested to hear other people’s theories though

1. Misty Knight
    2. Agatha Harkness or Morgan Le Fay
    7. Agreed (Sersi)
    8. Gilgamesh
    10. Agreed (Kitty Pryde)
    11. Fantomex
    12. Baron Zemo
    15. Agreed (Nimrod)
    16. Omega Sentinel
    17. Surtur for sure
    18. Agreed (Knull)
    19. Agreed (Anti-Venom)
    20, 21 and 22 will include Sandman, Kraven, Shocker or Morbius
    23. Agreed (Galactus oooof)

Thanks for the detailed interpretation @Rockypantherx @Etjama
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,744 ★★★★★
    Rookiie said:

In my usual fashion, and in association with @Etjama, I’ve tried to decode this state of the battlerealm

1. Hellcat or other associated Defender character such as Valkyrie. Also possible this some random EQ storyline associated Character

2. Possibly another Sigil exclusive champ, or Wiccan/Speed. White Vision is a possibility but I’m iffy on that one. Could also be MCU Scarlet Witch for Dr Strange 2. I’m going to bet Speed and you’ll see why once we reach 4 and 5

7.Sersi

8. Icarus. These two could be any character in the eternals really, but these two seem the most prominent. Sersi and Black Knight could be another pairing, Thena and the villain, the combinations are endless really

10. It’s Kitty Pryde

12. Sam Wilson Captain America, or Captain Carter. Leaning towards Sam Wilson. Maybe Zemo...

15. It’s Nimrod

16. Ok, it could be Bastion, it could be Machine Mold. But you know who I think it is. Omega Sentinel. In fact, I think we might see all the champ vote champs that made it to the second round. So that would be Ironheart, Omega Sentinel and Morbius. And would you look at that, we have squares for all of them

17. Any Asgardian champion. Valkyrie, Beta Ray Bill has a significant chance. Could even be Surtur or Gorr. Because Love and Thunder is releasing in 2022, I think is probably Gorr, which means No. 1 could be the second champ for that month, Valkyrie

18.Alright, I’m staking my claim for Knull. I was hesitant, but with Mr Negative conformed for the left side of the puzzle, and another space for Sandman, I’m calling this shot

20. 20, 21 and 22 are all likely to be Spider-Man related champions. One thing I’m fairly certain of is that one of them will be Sandman (Since Gabe has said they have previously tested making his model), and another is likely to be Morbius. Where out of these 3 I’m not sure.

23. It’s Galactus, who is determined to consume the Battlerealm with the passion of me taking a Physical Education class

1. Misty Knight
    7. Agreed (Sersi)
    8. Gilgamesh
    10. Agreed (Kitty Pryde)
    11. Fantomex
    12. Baron Zemo
    15. Agreed (Nimrod)
    16. Omega Sentinel
    17. Surtur for sure
    18. Agreed (Knull)
    19. Agreed (Anti-Venom)

Nah. It would be a complete travesty for them to put Gilgamesh before Ikaris. And I very much doubt it's Surtur. Maybe Baldur since he's Odins other son.
  • BuffBeastBuffBeast Posts: 1,075 ★★★★
    I think the kingpin connection(s) could be tombstone, hammerhead, or maybe even the prowler. Two of them he’s worked with (spider verse) and two of them have their own rival gangs. OR… a possibility of shocker. (Electro connection)

Im still convinced the the SS connection is fire lord.

As for the second sentinel connection, I’m sure it’s master mold.
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,898 ★★★★★
    Rookiie said:

7.Sersi

10. It’s Kitty Pryde

15. It’s Nimrod

1. Misty Knight
    7. Agreed (Sersi)
    8. Gilgamesh
    10. Agreed (Kitty Pryde)
    11. Fantomex
    12. Baron Zemo
    15. Agreed (Nimrod)
    16. Omega Sentinel
    17. Surtur for sure
    18. Agreed (Knull)
    19. Agreed (Anti-Venom)

You know what, @Rookiie @TheCoverGirl I think Fantomex is a an excellent shout there. I think that is much more likely given the placement and the number of mutant themes champs they could potentially have in 2022

Ah well, maybe Captain Britain for 2023

(Unless it’s a huge misdirection. They’ve done it before)
  • StaphMemberStaphMember Posts: 337 ★★★
    @Rockypantherx Love your list and went ahead and scoped out the calendar as well.

I like the idea of Nightmare/Strange Villain, but that slot could be Wong. He has a part in Shang Chi and MoM
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,390 ★★★★★
    OGAvenger said:

Why are there black squares with eyes all over the place?

Unio77 said:

Pretty sure I've seen those eyes somewhere but can't seem to put my finger on it.

I just wanna know what those eyes are there for

At the end of Avengers Forever monthly quest back in april 2019 we got a cutscene of a mysterious figure who was exiled from the battlerealm after he created it and goes by the name of entropy

• ScarXScarX Posts: 65

2. Possibly another Sigil exclusive champ, or Wiccan/Speed. White Vision is a possibility but I’m iffy on that one. Could also be MCU Scarlet Witch for Dr Strange 2. I’m going to bet Speed and you’ll see why once we reach 4 and....

100% agree with on everything except 25. I think it would be Klaw.

Rookiie said:

7.Sersi

10. It’s Kitty Pryde

15. It’s Nimrod

1. Misty Knight
    7. Agreed (Sersi)
    8. Gilgamesh
    10. Agreed (Kitty Pryde)
    11. Fantomex
    12. Baron Zemo
    15. Agreed (Nimrod)
    16. Omega Sentinel
    17. Surtur for sure
    18. Agreed (Knull)
    19. Agreed (Anti-Venom)

You know what, @Rookiie @TheCoverGirl I think Fantomex is a an excellent shout there. I think that is much more likely given the placement and the number of mutant themes champs they could potentially have in 2022

And I know this is a long shot, but I feel like we're missing Monica Rambeau. Since her affiliation is with the Avengers, she could take Spot 12.
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    the Bucky/Cap connected one could be Union Jack...

A guy can dream...
  • The_HoTUThe_HoTU Posts: 445 ★★
    The most intresting forum post I have ever seen
    Rookiie said:

Rookiie said:

7.Sersi

10. It’s Kitty Pryde

15. It’s Nimrod

1. Misty Knight
    7. Agreed (Sersi)
    8. Gilgamesh
    10. Agreed (Kitty Pryde)
    11. Fantomex
    12. Baron Zemo
    15. Agreed (Nimrod)
    16. Omega Sentinel
    17. Surtur for sure
    18. Agreed (Knull)
    19. Agreed (Anti-Venom)

And I know this is a long shot, but I feel like we're missing Monica Rambeau. Since her affiliation is with the Avengers, she could take Spot 12.
    I think we’re definitely going to see her at some point. I would have thought she would be around the marvels (especially since she’ll be in ‘The Marvels’) but it would be a smart red herring, and that square has always confused me. Any idea I’ve had for it has always been reaching back into MCU projects, and it never felt like they would do an event for a character old as Zemo or Sam Wilson Cap now
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    Unio77 said:

Pretty sure I've seen those eyes somewhere but can't seem to put my finger on it.

OGAvenger said:

Read the story and you'll find out. Have any of you finished act 6 yet?

Rookiie said:

Rookiie said:

7.Sersi

10. It’s Kitty Pryde

15. It’s Nimrod

1. Misty Knight
    7. Agreed (Sersi)
    8. Gilgamesh
    10. Agreed (Kitty Pryde)
    11. Fantomex
    12. Baron Zemo
    15. Agreed (Nimrod)
    16. Omega Sentinel
    17. Surtur for sure
    18. Agreed (Knull)
    19. Agreed (Anti-Venom)

I think we’re definitely going to see her at some point. I would have thought she would be around the marvels (especially since she’ll be in ‘The Marvels’) but it would be a smart red herring, and that square has always confused me. Any idea I’ve had for it has always been reaching back into MCU projects, and it never felt like they would do an event for a character old as Zemo or Sam Wilson Cap now
    Right, there was also Adam Warlock who was confirmed to join if I'm not mistaken. Where do you think he would fit in?
    Rookiie said:

Rookiie said:

Rookiie said:

7.Sersi

10. It’s Kitty Pryde

15. It’s Nimrod

1. Misty Knight
    7. Agreed (Sersi)
    8. Gilgamesh
    10. Agreed (Kitty Pryde)
    11. Fantomex
    12. Baron Zemo
    15. Agreed (Nimrod)
    16. Omega Sentinel
    17. Surtur for sure
    18. Agreed (Knull)
    19. Agreed (Anti-Venom)

Right, there was also Adam Warlock who was confirmed to join if I'm not mistaken. Where do you think he would fit in?
    Etjama and I actually discussed this to some length. The best bet we could come up with is the one connected to galactus, and he’ll be a herald for galactus within the game’s story

However, I actually think he isn’t on here. I went back and listened to what Gabe specifically said. He stated that they haven’t found the right event for him yet, and that interview was in July. Considering that square has been beside Galactus since the last iteration of the map at the start of the year, unless they’ve changed who’s coming there in the last month, he can’t be there

If I had to bet, I think he’s going to come with the release of Guardians 3 in 2023. He isn’t confirmed for that film yet I don’t think, but he was in the post credits of guardians 2, so it seems like a safe bet
  • Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,532 ★★★★★

Unio77 said:

OGAvenger said:

Uhm yes, I'm finishing exploration of 7.2
    Unio77 said:

Unio77 said:

OGAvenger said:

Uhm yes, I'm finishing exploration of 7.2
    Roast them over an open fire @Unio77
  • magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★

Rookiie said:

7.Sersi

10. It’s Kitty Pryde

15. It’s Nimrod

1. Misty Knight
    7. Agreed (Sersi)
    8. Gilgamesh
    10. Agreed (Kitty Pryde)
    11. Fantomex
    12. Baron Zemo
    15. Agreed (Nimrod)
    16. Omega Sentinel
    17. Surtur for sure
    18. Agreed (Knull)
    19. Agreed (Anti-Venom)

I don't think it's Fantomex. Why wouldn't he also be connected to Apocalypse like the others? He was the one who shot Apocalypse after all.

I think it'll be Betsy Braddock who became Captain Britain in recent times and is also a mutant and not Brian Braddock who is the Captain Britain most people would think of although it could still be the latter.

Rookiie said:

7.Sersi

10. It’s Kitty Pryde

15. It’s Nimrod

1. Misty Knight
    7. Agreed (Sersi)
    8. Gilgamesh
    10. Agreed (Kitty Pryde)
    11. Fantomex
    12. Baron Zemo
    15. Agreed (Nimrod)
    16. Omega Sentinel
    17. Surtur for sure
    18. Agreed (Knull)
    19. Agreed (Anti-Venom)

I don't think it's Fantomex. Why wouldn't he also be connected to Apocalypse like the others? He was the one who shot Apocalypse after all.

I think it'll be Betsy Braddock who became Captain Britain in recent times and is also a mutant and not Brian Braddock who is the Captain Britain most people would think of although it could still be the latter.
    That’s an excellent point. And a Betsy Braddock version is definitely possible. The reason I leaned towards a captain Britain was the lack of mutant connection

Doing some digging, the Uncanny X-Force team consisted of Psylocke, Fantomex and Deadpool. The link could possibly be that connection for Fantomex. But I am still leaning captain Britain
  • Anonymous_123Anonymous_123 Posts: 1

3. OC character, probably to do with Aegon’s story since Gabe has hinted there wa a character associated with Aegon being developed

4. Tying into 2, I think this is a member of the young avengers, my bet would Hulkling. Because…

5. Number 5 could be Wiccan. Hulkling and Wiccan are in a relationship in the comics, so the tying of these two question marks together would make sense. However, 4 could also just be Speed

6.I’m actually going to bet Ironheart here. She’s reportedly been cast for Black Panther 2, and being beside MCU spidey and Iron Man, without being directly connected to either would make sense

7.Sersi

9. Probably the Dr Strange 2 villain. Shuma Gorath, Nightmare, etc. Could also be Captain Britain since mystical powers connection and was part of the illuminati for a time. But I think he’s coming later

10. It’s Kitty Pryde

13. Considering Diablo has a synergy with an unknown Legion Accursed member, and this square is right next to Juggernaut, I think we’re looking for a mutant who was part of the legion accursed. Who fits the bill? Blob.

14. Really any of Magneto’s acolytes or the Brotherhood of evil mutants. Toad, Polaris, Quicksilver even. Impossible to really narrow it down past that

15. It’s Nimrod

20. 20, 21 and 22 are all likely to be Spider-Man related champions. One thing I’m fairly certain of is that one of them will be Sandman (Since Gabe has said they have previously tested making his model), and another is likely to be Morbius. Where out of these 3 I’m not sure. The third spot could be another spidey villain, companion, you name it. They’ll have to release something for No Way Home, and since we already got two Spider-people this year, I doubt it’s another Spider-Man. Considering Scorpion has already shown up in the MCU, he would maybe be my best bet, but I would love to see Black Cat

21. See above

22. See above above

24. Gabe has said this is someone who wasn’t directly a herald. So I don’t really have any idea. I’ve heard The Fallen One’s name banded about but I don’t know to be honest

25. Definitely isn’t last because I forgot to number this earlier. Shuri, Okoye, old Black Panther villain, It’ll be a character for Black Panther 2

There are 25 squares on this list, and one is Galactus, who I assume will not be playable, So that takes us August 2022, which is why I assume there is no ‘The Marvels’ film squares yet

So, what does the slate look like?

September 2021: Nimrod and Kitty Pryde
    October 2021: Knull and Anti-Venom
    November 2021: Icarus and Sersi
    December 2021: Scorpion and Sandman (Maybe)
    March 2022: Dr Strange 2 champs (Villain and MCU Scarlet Witch, Wiccan, Speed, both?)
    May 2022: Thor Love and Thunder champs (I’m betting Valkyrie and Gorr)
    July 2022: Wakanda Forever champs (Shuri and Ironheart/)

1.Colleen Wing/Misty Knight
    2.Agatha Harkness
    3.Original character
    4.Speed
    5.Wiccan
    6.Ironheart
    7.Sersei
    8.Ikaris
    9.Ancient One
    10.Kitty Pryde
    11.Captain Britain
    12.Patriot
    13.Toad
    14.Blob
    15.Nimrod
    16.Omega Sentinel
    17.Balder
    18.Knull
    19.Scream
    20.Sandman
    21.Kraven
    22.Scorpion
    23.Galactus
    24.Herald Thor
    25.Blue Marvel
  • TheCoverGirlTheCoverGirl Posts: 78

Rookiie said:

He's linked directly to Psylocke because he sacrificed himself to save her and not to Apoc because he killed a clone of Apoc, not the real Apoc.
  • TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,748 ★★★★★

Rookiie said:

Rookiie said:

Rookiie said:

7.Sersi

10. It’s Kitty Pryde

15. It’s Nimrod

1. Misty Knight
    7. Agreed (Sersi)
    8. Gilgamesh
    10. Agreed (Kitty Pryde)
    11. Fantomex
    12. Baron Zemo
    15. Agreed (Nimrod)
    16. Omega Sentinel
    17. Surtur for sure
    18. Agreed (Knull)
    19. Agreed (Anti-Venom)

Etjama and I actually discussed this to some length. The best bet we could come up with is the one connected to galactus, and he’ll be a herald for galactus within the game’s story

However, I actually think he isn’t on here. I went back and listened to what Gabe specifically said. He stated that they haven’t found the right event for him yet, and that interview was in July. Considering that square has been beside Galactus since the last iteration of the map at the start of the year, unless they’ve changed who’s coming there in the last month, he can’t be there

If I had to bet, I think he’s going to come with the release of Guardians 3 in 2023. He isn’t confirmed for that film yet I don’t think, but he was in the post credits of guardians 2, so it seems like a safe bet
    Couldn’t Adam Warlock and Magus be 7/8?
    Typhoon said:

Rookiie said:

Rookiie said:

Rookiie said:

7.Sersi

10. It’s Kitty Pryde

15. It’s Nimrod

1. Misty Knight
    7. Agreed (Sersi)
    8. Gilgamesh
    10. Agreed (Kitty Pryde)
    11. Fantomex
    12. Baron Zemo
    15. Agreed (Nimrod)
    16. Omega Sentinel
    17. Surtur for sure
    18. Agreed (Knull)
    19. Agreed (Anti-Venom)

Couldn’t Adam Warlock and Magus be 7/8?
    I mean, they could be, but that would leave no room for the eternals, who are confirmed to be coming
  • PrezRio4PrezRio4 Posts: 84
    Who is the one connected to Kang, CMM, Skrull...
    I dont remember seing him in the stories.
  • TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,748 ★★★★★
    PrezRio4 said:

Variant Kang maybe?
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,797 ★★★★★
    PrezRio4 said:

He’s the other kang from the 6 year anniversary video
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★

3. OC character, probably to do with Aegon’s story since Gabe has hinted there wa a character associated with Aegon being developed

4. Tying into 2, I think this is a member of the young avengers, my bet would Hulkling. Because…

5. Number 5 could be Wiccan. Hulkling and Wiccan are in a relationship in the comics, so the tying of these two question marks together would make sense. However, 4 could also just be Speed

6.I’m actually going to bet Ironheart here. She’s reportedly been cast for Black Panther 2, and being beside MCU spidey and Iron Man, without being directly connected to either would make sense

7.Sersi

9. Probably the Dr Strange 2 villain. Shuma Gorath, Nightmare, etc. Could also be Captain Britain since mystical powers connection and was part of the illuminati for a time. But I think he’s coming later

10. It’s Kitty Pryde

13. Considering Diablo has a synergy with an unknown Legion Accursed member, and this square is right next to Juggernaut, I think we’re looking for a mutant who was part of the legion accursed. Who fits the bill? Blob.

14. Really any of Magneto’s acolytes or the Brotherhood of evil mutants. Toad, Polaris, Quicksilver even. Impossible to really narrow it down past that

15. It’s Nimrod

20. 20, 21 and 22 are all likely to be Spider-Man related champions. One thing I’m fairly certain of is that one of them will be Sandman (Since Gabe has said they have previously tested making his model), and another is likely to be Morbius. Where out of these 3 I’m not sure. The third spot could be another spidey villain, companion, you name it. They’ll have to release something for No Way Home, and since we already got two Spider-people this year, I doubt it’s another Spider-Man. Considering Scorpion has already shown up in the MCU, he would maybe be my best bet, but I would love to see Black Cat

21. See above

22. See above above

24. Gabe has said this is someone who wasn’t directly a herald. So I don’t really have any idea. I’ve heard The Fallen One’s name banded about but I don’t know to be honest

25. Definitely isn’t last because I forgot to number this earlier. Shuri, Okoye, old Black Panther villain, It’ll be a character for Black Panther 2

There are 25 squares on this list, and one is Galactus, who I assume will not be playable, So that takes us August 2022, which is why I assume there is no ‘The Marvels’ film squares yet

So, what does the slate look like?

September 2021: Nimrod and Kitty Pryde
    October 2021: Knull and Anti-Venom
    November 2021: Icarus and Sersi
    December 2021: Scorpion and Sandman (Maybe)
    March 2022: Dr Strange 2 champs (Villain and MCU Scarlet Witch, Wiccan, Speed, both?)
    May 2022: Thor Love and Thunder champs (I’m betting Valkyrie and Gorr)
    July 2022: Wakanda Forever champs (Shuri and Ironheart/)

I thought they were only releasing one champ in December like they had the last couple of years?