**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Despair or willpower?

Konstant45Konstant45 Posts: 571 ★★★★
edited August 2021 in Strategy and Tips
I have one point in despair and willpower each, to unlock a second point in despair and willpower i need one carbonadium core and thats all i have.
So what should i do?
Go another point in despair?
Or another point in willpower?
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,752 ★★★★★
    It depends. Do you have any champs that place a ton of debuffs and can actually use an extra point in despair? It's a useful mastery for some champs, like Void and Beardo, but otherwise I don't really bother with more than the single point that brings me to Deep Wounds. There are a lot of champs who can just place a heal block or power lock, which is a much easier solution to those issues than to just stack a ton of random debuffs on the opponent.

Willpower, meanwhile, is just free healing. I don't usually run more than a single point in it unless I also run suicides, but I still prefer that mastery over despair. If nothing else because I turn on suicides every now and again (such as just now), and then it's really useful to be able to place several points there.
  • Options
    Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    Typically I’d say put another in despair, but it’s also slightly roster dependent. If you don’t have maybe champions who can stack a lot of debuffs then there’s no point of putting more points in despair. If you do though, that’s where I’d invest the point.
  • Options
    Ted_n00bgentTed_n00bgent Posts: 527 ★★★
    edited August 2021
    I don't think you need more than 1 point in willpower unless you run suicides. I stopped running willpower all together because it's only powerful in specific situations and it takes a lot of mastery points to get for what a few ticks of healing?

Do you have deep wounds or assassin? Those might be handy.