**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Practicality of Prof X

KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★
edited August 2021 in Strategy and Tips
I have dupped my 6* Prof X from SoP nexus. I love playing him and therefore I will ranki him up. However, I have some doubts about his practical usefulness. His playstyle is fairly specific and I dunno how hard it is to execute it in normal day to day questing.

Would you please share your experience with using Prof X in day to day content?
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    Kerneas said:

I have dupped my 6* Prof X from SoP nexus. I love playing him and therefore I will ranki him up. However, I have some doubts about his practical usefulness. His playstyle is fairly specific and I dunno how hard it is to execute it in normal day to day questing.

I use him in map 7 aq with full modifiers on falter paths, evade paths and autoblock paths just heavy special spamming. He's one of my war mvps if the opponents put korg on mix master and eb and flow intercept path with the falter failsafe.

He is one of the best options for niche prowess nodes in act 6 and 7. He is a top abyss and LOL lane clearer. He's a good lane clearer in general and with all his synergies makes all other mutants better.

I run suicides which make prof x significantly worse and he's still one of my most used rank 3 champions
  • CatmanndoCatmanndo Posts: 735 ★★★
    His synergies are amazing too, he’s 6R3 worthy for me
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    I'm not sure what about Prof says impractical at all to be honest. You parry heavy your way to 100 charges and throw off a ton of specials. If you can't parry or heavy then you can use normal combo's and use your falter. The dupe helps there. Scenario's that mess with power are bad, as mentioned, but he can handle most other challenges relatively straightforwardly. Miss, Evade, Autoblock are all fine. Avoid DoT nodes I suppose but not a major drawback.

@Kerneas what in your head says Prof is impractical?
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★

I'm not sure what about Prof says impractical at all to be honest. You parry heavy your way to 100 charges and throw off a ton of specials. If you can't parry or heavy then you can use normal combo's and use your falter. The dupe helps there. Scenario's that mess with power are bad, as mentioned, but he can handle most other challenges relatively straightforwardly. Miss, Evade, Autoblock are all fine. Avoid DoT nodes I suppose but not a major drawback.

@BitterSteel I feel like with AI that is passive and doesn't throw specials, it could be easy to lose my built-up prowess, which might be a significant damage loss.

Please note tho that I take these as "theoretical possibility". I have no experience with him outside RoL, which is also why I asked what is another players' experience w him.
    grfvb said:

is dupe essential or nice to have?
    Just nice to have. Benefits stun immune match ups, or times when it’s hard to channel. But both of those are doable unduped.
    @Kerneas in months and months of using Prof X there is only one fight I have ever lost my prowess in, rogue SoP and that’s a fight that is very much not a strong one for Prof X. It’s such a long timer that you won’t lose your prowess unless you are literally trying to.

If your prowess feel like they’re coming to an end, and you don’t have 100 charges, just throw a special, and dash back to refresh afterwards.
  • Hoodie25Hoodie25 Posts: 312 ★★★

@Kerneas in months and months of using Prof X there is only one fight I have ever lost my prowess in, rogue SoP and that’s a fight that is very much not a strong one for Prof X. It’s such a long timer that you won’t lose your prowess unless you are literally trying to.

If your prowess feel like they’re coming to an end, and you don’t have 100 charges, just throw a special, and dash back to refresh afterwards.

I’ll second this. Professor X’s prowess only feels difficult to keep up when you just start learning how to play the character. Once you play with him long enough, managing the timer and maintaining your prowess will become second nature, which means you can devote your attention to the actual nodes and specifics of the fight
  • kfd2010kfd2010 Posts: 423 ★★
    Catmanndo said:

His synergies are amazing too, he’s 6R3 worthy for me

I love building up the Cerebro Charges and then using Colossus for that sick sp2 damage
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★

Definitely agree here, played a lot of Prof X and have him at r3. Even unduped I rarely ever lose prowess and the times I do I would intentionally let them fall because the next cycle would kill anyways.

Sop Emma frost is probably the most anti-prof X fight I've encountered:

stun immune for the majority, true focus so can't falter to gain charges, Oscillate makes her passive half the time, mind control doesn't stop her power gain, can't heavy counter either specials or heavy but unduped Prof X can still maintain prowess
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,122 ★★★★★
    Big specials, evade/miss counter, huge specials, easy ramp up, falter, synergies.
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    I'd R3 my Prof X in a heartbeat if I didn't run suicides 100% of the time
  • Neev_4321Neev_4321 Posts: 133
    Kerneas said:

People use him everywhere, just search sop prof x fights and he can solo them. His practicality should not be in doubt in the first place.
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    I bring him literally wherever I can.
  • Trafalgarwar96Trafalgarwar96 Posts: 466 ★★★
    Anyone knows the method to gain "double prowness"? Bwro man made a video on this but i didn t understand🥲
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★

Anyone knows the method to gain "double prowness"? Bwro man made a video on this but i didn t understand🥲

Hold heavy before you throw a special to gain the first prowess, cancel your channelling after the special with an attack/block to gain the second prowess.
    I personally cancel channeling with block then start heavy animation since it feels the most fluid.
  • Trafalgarwar96Trafalgarwar96 Posts: 466 ★★★

Hold heavy before you throw a special to gain the first prowess, cancel your channelling after the special with an attack/block to gain the second prowess.
    I personally cancel channeling with block then start heavy animation since it feels the most fluid.
    Thank you
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    Kerneas said:

@BitterSteel I feel like with AI that is passive and doesn't throw specials, it could be easy to lose my built-up prowess, which might be a significant damage loss.

Please note tho that I take these as "theoretical possibility". I have no experience with him outside RoL, which is also why I asked what is another players' experience w him.
    Just back up and throw your sp1 into their block, refreshing prowess is more important than losing potential prowess(this depends on length of fight)