**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Champs with Surprisingly long Heavy attack ranges

SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★
I was thinking about some champs and how they really have some looooong heavy attacks and champs who don't.

The #1 champ in mind is Professor X. At times it feels like he's waving his had and slapping fools with his pinky finger. Tigra does have the longest range in game BUT her's makes sense given her animation but X, the disrespect of the slap is worse than Doom.

Doom's Slap probably hits harder and hurts but but that's the point, it LOOKS like if it you, you'd get knocked out. X just does a slight wave and pokes you in the eye with his thumb or something and it's silly how far it reaches.

(yes I know when you fight with/against X it's a mind battle and not his actual body, don't take the fun out of the party)

Comments

• SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★
    edited August 2021

Cable

I used to get caught by his heavy all the time back in the day by dexing to soon.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,155 ★★★★★
    Hyperion

I’ve come across fights where a normal heavy uppercut reaches waaaaaay longer than it normally does.

That's a long way of saying Venom. Out of all the uppercut heavy attacks in game, his is the fastest and longest reaching I've found. Don't react fast enough or dex at the wrong time and you WILL get a bleed placed on you which means death.

Venom's heavy attack has the speed of Gamora's SP2 (tho Gamora's SP2 is alittle faster)
  • Killswitch01Killswitch01 Posts: 668 ★★★
    Saiyan said:

I’ve come across fights where a normal heavy uppercut reaches waaaaaay longer than it normally does.

That's a long way of saying Venom. Out of all the uppercut heavy attacks in game, his is the fastest and longest reaching I've found. Don't react fast enough or dex at the wrong time and you WILL get a bleed placed on you which means death.

Venom's heavy attack has the speed of Gamora's SP2 (tho Gamora's SP2 is alittle faster)
    He doesn't just mean venom. I also noticed champs like daredevil or cyclops throw ridiculously far reaching heavies.
    Esp when they prepping to throw and u think "heh I'm a good distance away" then bam smacks u right in the face.
    So far I only noticed this in arenas
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    edited August 2021
    Surprisingly? Just the normal backflip upper. WS likes to occasionally remind me when I farm pots.

Surprisingly? Just the normal backflip upper. WS likes to occasionally remind me when I farm pots.

You're not wrong. Sym Spidey makes me think that. His heavy is the normal flip but I find it goes VERY far.

Saiyan said:

He doesn't just mean venom. I also noticed champs like daredevil or cyclops throw ridiculously far reaching heavies.
    Esp when they prepping to throw and u think "heh I'm a good distance away" then bam smacks u right in the face.
    So far I only noticed this in arenas
    That's fair but personally Venom seems to have the longest range from that set.
  • JustinU21JustinU21 Posts: 75 ★★
    While we're talking about reach how about that Rogue sp1 that seems to have a completely different distance she leaps across every time? (*especially when she's on an unblockable node)
  • CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 531 ★★★

Old Man Logan. I always forget he has a two-hit heavy.

Worse is that it's tantalizingly slow in execution... I'm gonna interrupt that.... Nope, thought about that for a second too long.

• DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,122 ★★★★★
    Mysterio said:

Iron Meme and other champs with the same heavy animation as US flag boy always feel like they get pulled to me when they unleash their heavy. Shame I don't have that effect on girls.

You'd think they would fall for the fishbowl but apparently they themselves are masters of illusion what with makeup and all.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    Sentry.
  • slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★
    Blade, he's just spining
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,702 ★★★★
    Hercules has pretty long legs
  • You_Know_MeYou_Know_Me Posts: 73
    You forgot Peni Parker.
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,044 ★★★★★
    Then there's a massive armor of HB 🤦🤦🤦