**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why Man-Thing is better than Doom

PuttPuttPuttPutt Posts: 241 ★★★

Introduction

At long last it is here. The moment maybe 3 of you have been waiting for. Why Man-Thing is better than Doom. This, as promised, is going to be the length of an average DNA post, so by all means go down and comment, "I ain't reading all that. I'm happy for you though, or sorry that happened." This explanation will cover all the main aspects of the game, Abilities, Damage, Utility, Animations, Overall Enjoyment, etc. So now be ready to have your minds blown when I explain to you why Man-Thing is better than Doctor Doom.

Abilities

Now many of you might be aware that Doctor Doom is pretty good in this game. And most good champions also have a good set of abilities in their kit. He has the basics, Nullify, Power Control, DOT, pretty much everything you'd expect from a Mystic champion in this game. Man-Thing, not only has Nullify and DOT, but he also has Power Control. In a pretty unknown synergy with iBom, MT can reduce the opponents Combat Power Rate significantly during his loop. Many of you might be familiar with the Doom Loop, where he can keep the entire fight controlled by looping his Sp3, but are you familiar with the Man-Thing loop? The Man-Thing loop is by far the most effective and fun way to play with your Man-Thing. In short you are going to need at least 2 points in Mystic Dispersion to use this effectively, I currently run 4/5 which is the best way in my opinion. To get started with the loop get to your Sp1, use it, and use your heavy attack. Rinse and repeat until the opponent is dead. With all of the Poisons/Armor Breaks you are going to be stacking, this will happen in no time. This loop is superior to Doom's because it is simpler, and it is cooler.

Damage

Doom has always been known for his incredible ability to keep most fights int he game completely under his control, but no one ever really talks about his damage. It is pretty good with the furies he gains from his Sp3 loop and the Sp2 Incinerates, but pales in comparison of the damage of Man-Thing. Man-Thing can hit really hard when ramped up. Even with only 6 Armor Breaks on the opponent, MT is already hitting harder than Doom. 20 Armor Breaks is the most I've ever been able to get, and his damage surpasses Doom's 4 times over with that amount. I haven't even mentioned his Poisons yet. His Poisons is where the damage really picks up. At 6* r3, each set of 3 Poisons per loop is dealing about 3000 ticks per second. And that is with just one loop. When you stack loop upon loop, in addition to the Armor Breaks, the opponent just melts before you can even blink.

Utility

Honestly when it comes to overall Utility, I'd say that Doom probably wins. No matter how God-Like MT is, you can't deny that Doom has incredible Utility. I'd say his Utility is on-par with iHulk's ability to bypass No Retreat degen damage. He has some of the best Utility in-game. Power Control, Nullify, DOT, Shock/Armor Break Immunity, Heavy Stun, Tankiness, etc. While in the grand scheme of things, Doom's is better, but Man-Thing's is also really good. Nullify, Poison, Armor Break, Regen, Fury, Bleed/Armor Break/Crit Immunity, Unstoppable, and is cracked with MD. Man-Thing still is a God when it comes to utility.

Animations

Animations have always been a strong-suit for 99% of champions in the game, and Doom's and Man-Thing's are a great example of this. They just feel so good to play, and they are just both so smooth with their rotations. Not only that, but their VFX just feel very true to their characters. Props to Kabam's Animation team for all of the incredible animations they put out on a Monthly basis. Each new character just feels so unique is they way they look and the way they play. But I personally would like to shake the hand(s) of the person(s) who animated Man-Thing. Every single aspect animations wise they nailed perfectly. I've always been a big fan of the character, and I'm glad I get to use a champion who is incredibly fluid and fun to play.

Overall Enjoyment

I have made it apparent that Man-Thing is my favorite character to play as, and for good reason. He is just so incredibly fluid to use with his entertaining and rewarding play-style. As I mentioned previously, Doom is also very fluid to play with his incredible animations. But he falls flat for me for overall fun. He goes into a similar situation for me with champions like Quake. Where if their optimal rotation isn't that fun to use, then I'm probably not going to use them. I can understand why people like using Doom and Quake, but for me, I use them as a last resort solely because of how much I dislike playing them. Which makes me glad that there are loads of fun champions with great rotations. Man-Thing, Venompool, and Sentinel are the three champs that I have the most enjoyment using.

Chillness

Now this is the reason on how we should justify how good champions are, how Chill they are. As I have said in the past, Man-Thing is the single most Chill champion in the game. No one even comes close, it is not even a competition. Everything about him is done in the most Chill way possible. His Basic Attacks, his Special Attacks, even in his victory animation. There is literally not one thing he does that is not Chill. Doom on the other hand is a whole different story. As I remember Doom was near the bottom of the tier list. They only thing keeping him from the bottom was his victory animation, as we don't know what face he is making underneath his mask. He could be smiling, or he could be frowning, we just don't know. In whole he is a selfish human who only cares for himself and trying to be edgy. Man-Thing on the other hand is a being of pure empathy, as he cares for other people more than himself. Which is pretty Chill in my book.

Conclusion

In conclusion of my essay, I hope many of you can now see the light of how great of a champion Man-Thing is in this game. When he was first released on October 17th, 2019, he was just written off as a worse Dr. Voodoo. He was overshadowed by Guilly 2099, and Elsa Bloodstone. But I hope now that people can see that Man-Thing > Doom.

Sincerely,
PuttPutt

Comments

• GoddessIliasGoddessIlias Posts: 706 ★★★★

Adevati said:

On this episode of “Decent Champ is Better than God Champ for Forum Attention”….

Quickly followed by: On this episode of “person that knows nothing about what they’re talking about”
    Yeah but beast is still better than doom and manthing
  • Shock29Shock29 Posts: 536 ★★★
    edited August 2021
    Its unbelievable! The MCOC community as a whole has got it wrong. Man-Thing>>Doom.
    May you have insightfuls rain down on you for this post
  • AdevatiAdevati Posts: 437 ★★★

Adevati said:

On this episode of “Decent Champ is Better than God Champ for Forum Attention”….

Tell me you didn't read the post without telling me you didn't read the post.
    So it isn’t a clickbait title?
  • HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    How there is no Disagrees I’ll never know
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,935 ★★★★★
    Exactly why I r3ed him, he’s op
  • RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,065 ★★★★★
    Lol that prof hoff reference
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    I like Doom and Man-Thing. Both fun
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    And this, ladies and gentlemen, is how you insightful farm.

Well written post though. It was also fun to read. I don’t actually think I learned anything about man-thing though (other than the fact that he had a power control synergy) which is kind of unfortunate.
  • JohnnyBeastJohnnyBeast Posts: 59
    OP, tbh today was my first day I actually used man thing in a fight (2* in the appreciation arena) and I can absolutely agree with you on those sick animations. I’ve fought him 100s of times but his mediums on attack are fantastic!
  • Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    this really says a lot about society
  • crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★
    I blame the parents.
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,044 ★★★★★
    Post was good and abilities were well explain
    But OP forgot that Doom is more tanky and Standalone champ.
    MT needs synergy for that power control scenario meanwhile doom don't.

It's your opinion OP. You like the character,you play with that character.
    But in general Doom> MT.