**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Kitty Pryde & Nimrod

Just watched the September event trailer. What do you guys think about Kitty Pryde & Nimrod? Dead champions? Good champions? Personally, I’m super excited for the release of both of them, they both look unique in their ways.

Comments

• Doctor_Strange19Doctor_Strange19 Posts: 251 ★★★
    They seem awesome! It’s great Kitty Pryde is finally in the contest
  • Silver_GooseSilver_Goose Posts: 488 ★★★
    So excited. Kate has been my favorite marvel character for years, and she’s shined especially recently leading the Marauders and the Hellfire Trading Company.

Nimrod is cool too i guess.
  • SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    I was waiting for Kitty to come up from the day I joined this game. Super Excited!
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★

Kitty messes up electronics when she phase through them. Maybe they will make her a robot killer.

That would be cool. Able to hit other phased targets, also...
  • Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,521 ★★★★★
    Nimrods line at the end was so chilling but 🔥
  • SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★
    Jackd1989 said:

If Kitty and Juggernaut dont have a special text thing of "DONT YOU KNOW WHO I AMMMM" when she does SP3 on him, i'm uninstalling the game haha

I was thinking something like "I'M THE JUGGERNAUT GIRL" (cuz we gotta keep it PG) or something like that.

Hell even a text line that some champs have while fighting others is good enough. Give it the same feeling we get when Ghost fights Korg.
    Reflecting on Kitty joining the game, I hope she has great synergies with Wolverine and Nightcrawler. Colossus, I guess too; but Wolvie and Nightcrawler need them more!
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    I'll pull for Kat out of love for the character, even if she sucks. Been waiting on her for ages.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★

Reflecting on Kitty joining the game, I hope she has great synergies with Wolverine and Nightcrawler. Colossus, I guess too; but Wolvie and Nightcrawler need them more!

She’ll probably have it’s complicated with him. And maybe star lord
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,681 ★★★★★

I mean she'd have one with colossus before anyone. She's literally married to the guy now.
  • GlazzyBearGlazzyBear Posts: 128 ★★
    edited August 2021
    Mr.0-8-4 said:

If I had to give constructive feedback, I'd suggest to the design team to maybe refrain from using recycled animations to produce new champs. Kitty Pryde looks like a fusion between Ghost and Vision (if you notice her running animations and SP3 phasing animation, they're the same as Ghost). The way she dives into the ground, looks very similar to OG Vision.

With that being said, I'm aware that animation takes time to make and with their time frame, they don't have time to create something from scratch. It's just a little disappointing to see a champ seem/feel more like a recycled composite instead of being unique and fresh. Just my thought though.

Her running animation is definitely not ghost's I double checked. Ghost's is more hunched over and awkward like the creep she's in the movie. And her phasing herself and enemies into the ground is like her signature move lol. If anything the sp3 is a reference to the last stand. I'm moreso disappointed the reused the sound effects in nimrod's special from psycho man. Psycho man has the most unique sfx by far
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,143 ★★★★★

I'll pull for Kat out of love for the character, even if she sucks. Been waiting on her for ages.

Yeah i seen what i wanted to be sold on her and that was lockheed animations as finally we get to see lockheed the dragon plus she does look cool
  • Silver_GooseSilver_Goose Posts: 488 ★★★
    Buttehrs said:

I mean she'd have one with colossus before anyone. She's literally married to the guy now.
    Uh…no. Colossus is (seemingly) in a relationship with Kayla. And if I had to name one person Kate (she goes by Kate now) seems to have romantic tension with on Krakoa, it’s Emma Frost.
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,716 ★★★

Kitty messes up electronics when she phase through them. Maybe they will make her a robot killer.

Isn't Magneto the best for this?
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    edited August 2021
    I think kitty pride is gonna be good and nimrod is gonna suck
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,770 ★★★★★

I place my chips on this being the other way around...
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,684 ★★★★★

I think they are both gonna suck

Nah kabam has a history of making OP comic characters weak in the game
    Professor X & Apocalypse.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    I haven't seen that yet but my first reaction was I want Nimrod..lol. He could be very cool.
    edited August 2021

Indeed. Void, Doom, Cosmic Ghost Rider...

I mean, yes, Sentry, Phoenix, Hulk, but still... I reckon it's about 50:50.

Don't forget dr strange, thor, dormammu, mephisto, mangog, ... etc. It's more like a 75:25
    Mephisto isn’t a dud though
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★
    edited August 2021

Don't forget dr strange, thor, dormammu, mephisto, mangog, ... etc. It's more like a 75:25
    Mephisto isn’t a dud though
    If you’re comparing him to his comic self then yes he sucks
  • AssumedNameAssumedName Posts: 580 ★★★
    As characters I’m not that bothered tbh. Don’t care about kitty at all, and nimrod is a pretty cool villain, but definitely not one of my fav x men villains.