**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

First Rank 3 Question

KillerRino19KillerRino19 Posts: 370 ★★
edited August 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Hello everyone, today i just defeated the grandmaster for the first time and i was able to form a mystic t5cc, now my question is should i rank 3 my guillotine hoping that her buff is gonna be great or sym supreme?

Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Inb4 the Ebony Maw troll appears.
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,370 ★★★★★
    Rank 3 ebony doesn't sound bad @Eb0ny-O-M4w

Rank Guillotine
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Don't gamble on a buff.
  • KillerRino19KillerRino19 Posts: 370 ★★

Symbiote Supreme. Or Tigra, if you’re good at her.

I’d go Sym Supreme myself.

Got tigra pretty recently so i can safely say that i suck playing with her, honestly im still not really sure how im supposed to play her.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★

Symbiote Supreme. Or Tigra, if you’re good at her.

I’d go Sym Supreme myself.

Got tigra pretty recently so i can safely say that i suck playing with her, honestly im still not really sure how im supposed to play her.
    In that case, Symbiote Supreme. Don’t gamble on a buff

Don't gamble on a buff.

Usually id agree but the last few community voted buffs have been pretty crazy.
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,673 ★★★★★
    I have a feeling that a community vote winner that is also a Kabam original is going to get a great buff, but there really isn't any point to gambling on it. You'll get more mystic t5cc eventually, and being TB makes that easier. Might as well wait for a bit and see how the buff turns out.

I would probably go with Symbiote Supreme. He's not my favorite champ but he does have his uses and is by no means a bad choice.

I like Tigra the most out of all of your champs, but she 1) benefits from being awakened, and 2) is also very much a gamble before you've learned to play her. Her playstyle isn't for everyone and you should make sure it is for you before pumping in a t5cc into her.

But basically: She has two senses: Huntress and Primal. Huntress generates power for you when you inflict rupture on the opponent or make them miss; Primal makes your ruptures deal extra damage to the opponent for each damaging debuff you have on them.

Assuming you have at least Primal active, Tigra's SP2 is her main damage-dealer. Each hit of it has a 10% chance to inflict rupture on the opponent, with an additional 10% chance for each existing damaging debuff that's on them. If you've already got a bunch of raptures on them, you'll place a bunch more and every rupture will then deal an additional burst of damage for each damaging debuff on the opponent. You just build and build and build damage (and the chance to inflict more of it) with every hit.

Huntress isn't as necessary offensively but it is a nice defensive power generation. You can dodge a ton of difficult special attacks with it, as long as they are projectiles. Whenever you do, you gain a small burst of power.

Outside of the SP2, the main way to build ruptures is to heavy-intercept the opponent. This is the tricky part of her since you really need to learn spacing and when to go for those heavy attacks. It's really easy to mess up and she is a pretty squishy champ so you'll be beaten black and blue if you time things wrong.

But it's soooo worth it to learn. I love her.
  • TimeGenesisTimeGenesis Posts: 732 ★★★
    I'd personally go Tigra but really depends since its your first r3

Sym Sup and Tigra are solid choices imo

If you have a strong roster already then If you're willing to wait then wait for the buff.
    Or if you really enjoy playing Guilly then choose her.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,152 ★★★★★
    Choose who you like. After you get TB you will be ranking up champs far more often.
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,770 ★★★★★
    I would DEFINITELY R3 Symbiote Supreme, without a doubt.
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    but seriously .. sym supreme .. no brainer .. imho . ;)
  • OmedennOmedenn Posts: 863 ★★★
    edited August 2021
    Guillotine is at this moment not your best option. But I have high hopes for her buff. Maybe you wait a little bit longer :)
    Welp in the end after thinking about it for a while I've gone with Sym Supreme. Also after seeing all of the suggestions for Tigra im definitely going to give her some more attention since it sounds like I've been sleeping on her.

P.S. I still hope that Guillotine turns out to be crazy good.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    Ebony Maw is the best champion in the game. Just do it
    @KillerRino19 cool! Nice rank up
    @odishika123 you already ranked yours? :)
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★

Don't gamble on a buff.

Usually id agree but the last few community voted buffs have been pretty crazy.
    There is no guarantee, Kabam explicitly tells that. It will be a buff of their choosing. It can be a Values Only, Moderate or Complete Overhaul. Seeing Guillotine isn't the worst, we can safely rule out Complete Overhaul. We just don't know what the buff will be. So...

Don't gamble on a buff.