**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Grandmaster bug compensation

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    I mean I can't speak to whether it was enough or not, but I'm almost positive if someone spent 2k or so, they're not getting that much back. These things usually go out in a generic package, and I don't much see people getting back what they went all in with. Just a voice of reason. Not really an argument that it was enough, to be clear.
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    At this point I'm just happy that I got something that can help me 100% SoP.

If you have 0 expectations you can't be disappointed

*taps head*
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    The bug list is bigger than that... it’s like worm virus - leave it alone for too long it will eventually spread too big until it takes too long to decode a fix. Granted I’m not a gamecoder or any level of an code genius, but I imagine whenever there is an issue it should be handled as quickly as possible because that’s what we, the consumer, expect the producer to keep it stable and ongoing or else where are all the cash really going to?
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

Jaded said:

OGAvenger said:

Really hoping this is some sort of “Hey we released a bugged fight so here’s a general small compensation for everyone whether you did it bugged or not”

Then hopefully there will be another compensation for us that actually fought the bugged GM….I imagine there is about a 1% chance of that being the case though

My alt received no compensation for 1 lane done during the weekend.
    got the compensation and I haven’t even entered the quest
    Qfury said:

Jaded said:

OGAvenger said:

Really hoping this is some sort of “Hey we released a bugged fight so here’s a general small compensation for everyone whether you did it bugged or not”

Then hopefully there will be another compensation for us that actually fought the bugged GM….I imagine there is about a 1% chance of that being the case though

My alt received no compensation for 1 lane done during the weekend.
    I've literally only gone in for a mess around. Not one defender beat and I got the same comp so your alt not getting any for doing a lane is clearly wrong

Still haven’t gotten it, so idk.
  • BinkPlayzBinkPlayz Posts: 99 ★★

Boneman said:

Thank you all for the feedback, and I'm sorry that this Comp package isn't what you were expecting.

Context: The Comp Package went out to all players that started the quest before the Bug was fixed, and is based on the difference between resources we saw Players using before and after the bug was fixed. I see a lot of players saying that they used a bunch of revives, but players that played the fights after the Bug was fixed (roughly 6 hours after launch) also still used a lot of resources. The difference on average was what we based the package on.

This is NOT compensation for the ongoing control issues we've been experiencing.

I've also let the team know about the feedback here. Obviously, there are lots going on right now, and we're looking at many things, but I can make the sentiment known. No Promises that will go anywhere though.

im pretty sure i did this fight within the first 3 hours and i received 3... T H R E E Revives. Excuse me? This has to be a meme
    Yes. On average (and this is hard to calculate because this is very much a skill-based fight), users that did the fight while it was bugged used 3 revives more than those that did it after it was fixed. That's rounding up.
    bud if you can calculate the exact amount of cavs to compensate us for that we bought with money shouldn't be to hard of a stretch to do a revive and potion check
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,122 ★★★★★
    BinkPlayz said:

Boneman said:

Thank you all for the feedback, and I'm sorry that this Comp package isn't what you were expecting.

Context: The Comp Package went out to all players that started the quest before the Bug was fixed, and is based on the difference between resources we saw Players using before and after the bug was fixed. I see a lot of players saying that they used a bunch of revives, but players that played the fights after the Bug was fixed (roughly 6 hours after launch) also still used a lot of resources. The difference on average was what we based the package on.

This is NOT compensation for the ongoing control issues we've been experiencing.

I've also let the team know about the feedback here. Obviously, there are lots going on right now, and we're looking at many things, but I can make the sentiment known. No Promises that will go anywhere though.

im pretty sure i did this fight within the first 3 hours and i received 3... T H R E E Revives. Excuse me? This has to be a meme
    Yes. On average (and this is hard to calculate because this is very much a skill-based fight), users that did the fight while it was bugged used 3 revives more than those that did it after it was fixed. That's rounding up.
    bud if you can calculate the exact amount of cavs to compensate us for that we bought with money shouldn't be to hard of a stretch to do a revive and potion check
    Thousands upon thousands of players analyzing their fights and properly compensating them? If you want your comp before sop ends, let alone before the year ends then they have to do averages/other solutions
  • CrimsonBadgerCrimsonBadger Posts: 88
    edited August 2021

Boneman said:

Dude this is a Hude slap in the face from Kabam. I knew id end up spending a few revives on the first path i took but damn this is outrageous. my champion was capped at 8 competence as well as other issues (parry/dex/fun stimes) and we get 3. Man this is really infuriating and depressing at the same time. Very Shameful

This is not for the Parry/Dex Issues. That is going to have to be dealt with separately. This is strictly for the Competence Cap issue.
    Ugh