**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Grandmaster bug compensation

Comments

• DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,122 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    pbeadle said:

DawsMan said:

pbeadle said:

Thank you all for the feedback, and I'm sorry that this Comp package isn't what you were expecting.

Context: The Comp Package went out to all players that started the quest before the Bug was fixed, and is based on the difference between resources we saw Players using before and after the bug was fixed. I see a lot of players saying that they used a bunch of revives, but players that played the fights after the Bug was fixed (roughly 6 hours after launch) also still used a lot of resources. The difference on average was what we based the package on.

This is NOT compensation for the ongoing control issues we've been experiencing.

I've also let the team know about the feedback here. Obviously, there are lots going on right now, and we're looking at many things, but I can make the sentiment known. No Promises that will go anywhere though.

I started this quest almost immediately after it went live. After reaching the Grandmaster painlessly enough (maybe 3 revives), I was absolutely decimated by the bugged Grandmaster. I blew through my whole stash of potions (10) and units (almost 900) and still had to spend a little to get him down simply because I was in too deep.

THIS is the response we get? Total gaslighting. Some vague answer about the difference in resources between players that experienced the bug and those that didnโ€™t. Some manufactured โ€œaverageโ€ that really has nothing to do with what those of us who did the fight bugged went through. Honestly, would it kill them to be fair just once?
    Y'all need to stop being outraged about numbers and data
    Thatโ€™s kind of my point. What data? If I could see the data that says that the average difference in revives used between those that fought the bugged Grandmaster and those who fought him after the fix was only 3 revives then Iโ€™d begrudgingly drop it. I did that fight bugged. It was stupidly hard and had I known it wasnโ€™t working intended I wouldโ€™ve cut my losses.

Iโ€™ve done a couple of paths since and the difference in the revives I used from the first fight to my last is waaaay more than 3. I know thatโ€™s anecdotal evidence but I trust that more than Kabamโ€™s โ€œdataโ€.
    Here's the thing. There are good people and bad people in this game. People, including good players, spent a lot before. After the bug was over, bad people were still playing and spending many revives. The good players probably used far less. You just have to take his word.

The average means bad players are probably getting undue compensation and the good players aren't getting quite enough. It sucks but we just have to hope for a mountain of compensation after this ridiculous parry/dex issue is over.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    Boneman said:

Boneman said:

Dude this is a Hude slap in the face from Kabam. I knew id end up spending a few revives on the first path i took but damn this is outrageous. my champion was capped at 8 competence as well as other issues (parry/dex/fun stimes) and we get 3. Man this is really infuriating and depressing at the same time. Very Shameful

This is not for the Parry/Dex Issues. That is going to have to be dealt with separately. This is strictly for the Competence Cap issue.
    Yes I understand that I was just pointing out the fact that they were there as well however, I have done the grandmaster plenty of times. I've done the competence path before. I've used nearly 600-800 units more than I normally would have. a 3 revive package that literally everyone that looked at the quest got as a "compensation" is a plain insult
    He just explained that it was an average. Some used more, some used less. It's not always feasible to give more because you're overcompensating when there are several compensations taking place right now.

Boneman said:

Boneman said:

Dude this is a Hude slap in the face from Kabam. I knew id end up spending a few revives on the first path i took but damn this is outrageous. my champion was capped at 8 competence as well as other issues (parry/dex/fun stimes) and we get 3. Man this is really infuriating and depressing at the same time. Very Shameful

This is not for the Parry/Dex Issues. That is going to have to be dealt with separately. This is strictly for the Competence Cap issue.
    Yes I understand that I was just pointing out the fact that they were there as well however, I have done the grandmaster plenty of times. I've done the competence path before. I've used nearly 600-800 units more than I normally would have. a 3 revive package that literally everyone that looked at the quest got as a "compensation" is a plain insult
    He just explained that it was an average. Some used more, some used less. It's not always feasible to give more because you're overcompensating when there are several compensations taking place right now.
    So because more is wrong with the game right now, they should give out less compensation? Do you hear yourself?
    I hear myself fine. Issues are addressed individually. Saying there's lots going on doesn't make it appropriate to go ham when each issue is being looked at on an individual basis.
  • CrimsonBadgerCrimsonBadger Posts: 88 โ˜…

Boneman said:

Boneman said:

So because more is wrong with the game right now, they should give out less compensation? Do you hear yourself?
    I hear myself fine. Issues are addressed individually. Saying there's lots going on doesn't make it appropriate to go ham when each issue is being looked at on an individual basis.
    Iโ€™m not saying give out more. Iโ€™m saying give out what would be expected for each individual issue. This is one issue.

Boneman said:

Boneman said:

Iโ€™m not saying give out more. Iโ€™m saying give out what would be expected for each individual issue. This is one issue.
    Expected is subjective. It changes depending on who used what. This was to address the first 6 hours of the Fight. Other ongoing issues like the Dex issue may be compounding the problem, but that's being looked at specifically.
    ItsDamien said:

Amusing that they used averages to determine this compensation.

Which kind of average? Did you average the number of users who did this prior to the fix and post fix? Because how do you equate tens of thousands of people before, to the potential hundreds of thousands who did it after?

What type of average? Did you use mode, mean or median averages to determine that this joke compensation? Because each of those would have had VASTLY different outcomes.

Why would they average people who did the Fight post-fix? It doesn't apply to this bug.
    I suppose in the sense of seeing the difference, yes.
    ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

Which kind of average? Did you average the number of users who did this prior to the fix and post fix? Because how do you equate tens of thousands of people before, to the potential hundreds of thousands who did it after?

What type of average? Did you use mode, mean or median averages to determine that this joke compensation? Because each of those would have had VASTLY different outcomes.

Why would they average people who did the Fight post-fix? It doesn't apply to this bug.
    Because Miike stated, the average difference between those who did it bugged and those who didn't equated to the compensation. Which means they looked at some form of difference between the bugged fight and the non bugged fight. It wasn't the average of the people affected that they decided this on.

Come on man.
    Yes, I had a brain freeze. I clued in with my last comment.
    However, the idea isn't to compensate everything that was used. It was to average the extra used for that bug, so I can see what he's saying.
    ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

Because Miike stated, the average difference between those who did it bugged and those who didn't equated to the compensation. Which means they looked at some form of difference between the bugged fight and the non bugged fight. It wasn't the average of the people affected that they decided this on.

Come on man.
    However, the idea isn't to compensate everything that was used. It was to average the extra used for that bug, so I can see what he's saying.
    Yes but WHAT type of Average. A mean average is different from a mode average which is different from a median average. Because it seems to me they chose the lowest average and called it a day.
    mean. Not even kabam would use the mode and the median would take too long. Why would it be anything other than mean. They don't need to try and screw us when there are tons of revives being spent on both sides of the bug.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    DawsMan said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

Come on man.
    Yes but WHAT type of Average. A mean average is different from a mode average which is different from a median average. Because it seems to me they chose the lowest average and called it a day.
    mean. Not even kabam would use the mode and the median would take too long. Why would it be anything other than mean. They don't need to try and screw us when there are tons of revives being spent on both sides of the bug.
    I'd rather they took longer and actually compensated fairly instead of taking the quick and dirty option. It would at least make their data argument seem meaningful instead of just saying it to save face.
    ItsDamien said:

DawsMan said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

Come on man.
    I'd rather they took longer and actually compensated fairly instead of taking the quick and dirty option. It would at least make their data argument seem meaningful instead of just saying it to save face.
    We're talking about the first 6 hours of the Fight. People were using Resources anyway, whether because of the Fight itself or the Parry/Dex issues. It's not going to be that large of an average difference.
  • X_FactorX_Factor Posts: 36 โ˜…

Boneman said:

Thank you all for the feedback, and I'm sorry that this Comp package isn't what you were expecting.

Context: The Comp Package went out to all players that started the quest before the Bug was fixed, and is based on the difference between resources we saw Players using before and after the bug was fixed. I see a lot of players saying that they used a bunch of revives, but players that played the fights after the Bug was fixed (roughly 6 hours after launch) also still used a lot of resources. The difference on average was what we based the package on.

This is NOT compensation for the ongoing control issues we've been experiencing.

I've also let the team know about the feedback here. Obviously, there are lots going on right now, and we're looking at many things, but I can make the sentiment known. No Promises that will go anywhere though.

im pretty sure i did this fight within the first 3 hours and i received 3... T H R E E Revives. Excuse me? This has to be a meme
    Yes. On average (and this is hard to calculate because this is very much a skill-based fight), users that did the fight while it was bugged used 3 revives more than those that did it after it was fixed. That's rounding up.
    Iโ€™m sure I single handedly accounted for 1 of those revives for how many I used
    ItsDamien said:

DawsMan said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

Come on man.
    Averages are widely used. I doubt a program could do everything they would have to do to figure out each individuals potential revive compensation. Thousands of fights probably had to be looked over by a human.