**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Suicides mastery users . How well has the mastery served you ?

Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
edited August 2021 in Strategy and Tips
I am an avid arena grinder . I really want to unlock suicides but also hate recoil damage in any end game content ( like any other suicide mastery user ). Looking at my current champion , do you suggest going full suicides and has the mastery benefitted you ?

Suicides mastery users . How well has the mastery served you ? 100 votes

I use them and very happy , go ahead and unlock
72%
LeNoirFaineantMr_PlatypusMagicBentonTheManMythLegendmani274SungjCropDusterDarth_StewieDragonMCOCAKTEKThunderGodElusiveSpurgeon14StellarJakearoundGoddessIliasMalreck04MoosetiptronicSnurrisTheKiryu 72 votes
Regret my decision , don't do it
7%
BadroseTitoBandito187Denzel116Denslo500Hilbert_unbeatable2Tostig32ChaosMax1012 7 votes
Don't run , never will
21%
BitterSteelheruheru511Foxhero007Mhd20034CassyHilldarrockykostonKappa2gdangarang122EtherionGodAomine_Daiki10IronGladiator22SpideyFunkoPhillip14233Bdot13HoitadoDarkKnight646tofuシCangaceiroFink 21 votes
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    Well if you hate the Recoil damage so much then I would recommend to finish the current content such as act 6 and so on, unless I misunderstood that you already complete every single one of them and only has to do monthly events for the time being, then yeah do use the suicide mastery to increase your speed towards unit gain or chasing a specific champion. But there are many players that aren’t even using suicide mastery and still doing just incredible fine without it.
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    My advise:

Your advantage is that even non immune champs only lose 5,7% hp ( with 3/3 Coagulate) instead of 11,6% hp with no Coagulate

After that put 7 more points into what you need:

Glass Cannon
    Courage
    Despair
    Deep Wounds
    Assassin

Or

Petrify & MD
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    I run 1 point recoil, maxed liquid courage, and 1/3 double edge. Liquid courage additional points doesn't increase life drain but increasing double edge does increase life drain so that's why my points are like that.

It's a no-brainer for my account. About 90%-95% of my top champs are suicide-friendly. Recoil is a PITA sometimes though.
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,122 ★★★★★
    Clear content you want to do. If you are going to grind arena switch em on. If you come across a situation where they will really seriously hinder you, you can switch them off and back on again from units from arena grind.
  • IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Posts: 1,637 ★★★★
    Don't run , never will

For me, utility is better than damage, and not being able to use special attacks in some scenarios is putting a restriction on yourself that isn’t worth the damage.

Plus, I like to use a range of champions, not just the ones that work well with suicides.

I agree 100% with this. Plus some champs I already have wouldn’t work well with suicides.
    Encroaching stun must be annoying for suicides users
  • AATTAATT Posts: 525 ★★★
    Seraphion said:

My advise:

Your advantage is that even non immune champs only lose 5,7% hp ( with 3/3 Coagulate) instead of 11,6% hp with no Coagulate

Glass Cannon
    Courage
    Despair
    Deep Wounds
    Assassin

Or

Petrify & MD

I'd suggest 3/3 glass cannon as base kit. With 3/3 GC poison damage is equal of WP healing. Debuffs' damage is calculated over max health while WP is calculated over base health
  • Matty_IceMatty_Ice Posts: 508 ★★★

For me, utility is better than damage, and not being able to use special attacks in some scenarios is putting a restriction on yourself that isn’t worth the damage.

Plus, I like to use a range of champions, not just the ones that work well with suicides.

There are scenarios where suicides are not good. But there are scenarios and champs that make them amazing. I will scout paths in content that need suicides or benefit from champs having them and do them all at once. And same with paths that are non suicides. Unlocking the mastery doesn’t mean that you use it 100%, but it’s there to make your champs better in the right scenarios. And arena is infinitely more enjoyable with suicides.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Don't run , never will
    Matty_Ice said:

There are scenarios where suicides are not good. But there are scenarios and champs that make them amazing. I will scout paths in content that need suicides or benefit from champs having them and do them all at once. And same with paths that are non suicides. Unlocking the mastery doesn’t mean that you use it 100%, but it’s there to make your champs better in the right scenarios. And arena is infinitely more enjoyable with suicides.
    There are no paths or nodes that you need to turn suicides on for. There are paths or nodes you need to turn suicides off for. I know not everyone views it this way, but for me it’s as simple as that.

I can do everything in the game without suicides. But if I had suicides, it limits me, you can’t do everything in the game with suicides.

Matty_Ice said:

There are no paths or nodes that you need to turn suicides on for. There are paths or nodes you need to turn suicides off for. I know not everyone views it this way, but for me it’s as simple as that.

I can do everything in the game without suicides. But if I had suicides, it limits me, you can’t do everything in the game with suicides.

Matty_Ice said:

I get what you’re saying, but you can also face a do you bleed path without deep wounds, but it’s going to be a whole lot easier if you have it. You don’t “need” the majority of the masteries in the game, but the right set ups will definitely make it easier.
    Matty_Ice said:

Matty_Ice said:

Matty_Ice said:

I get what you’re saying, but you can also face a do you bleed path without deep wounds, but it’s going to be a whole lot easier if you have it. You don’t “need” the majority of the masteries in the game, but the right set ups will definitely make it easier.
    Yes but thats a case for despair, deep wounds, assassin etc. Suicides are for damage, not functionality that will help you on a path.
    DawsMan said:

Matty_Ice said:

Matty_Ice said:

Matty_Ice said:

Yes but thats a case for despair, deep wounds, assassin etc. Suicides are for damage, not functionality that will help you on a path.
    You may disagree with this, and that’s totally fine, but damage can be a utility that will help you on a path. When I use cable, the faster I get the fight over means the less parries I have to take. And for certain champs, like omega red, it gives them more of their abilities and gives them health as they can heal from suicides.

Ultimately, it’s your decision which mastery setup you want to use. I just find lots of benefits from using suicides for certain champs and situations.
    Matty_Ice said:

DawsMan said:

Matty_Ice said:

Matty_Ice said:

Matty_Ice said:

You may disagree with this, and that’s totally fine, but damage can be a utility that will help you on a path. When I use cable, the faster I get the fight over means the less parries I have to take. And for certain champs, like omega red, it gives them more of their abilities and gives them health as they can heal from suicides.

Ultimately, it’s your decision which mastery setup you want to use. I just find lots of benefits from using suicides for certain champs and situations.
    Yes damage is important. Cable is a great example, poison resistance, as a horseman immune to bleed, with the right mastery set up he's healing from them.

However for the majority of champions, that vary greatly from path to path, their going to lose a lot of health from poison and bleed. Many champs have immunities so ignoring that, a ton of champs rely on specials for damage. And then you deal with recoil.

There are plenty of suicide friendly champs and they have their place, but I don't believe there is a place in the game where people are like ah better turn on suicides. It's only, I can do this path with suicides, or I have to remove them. Like in lagacys 7.2 mythic run.

The majority of the time especially with restrictive nodes while exploring act 6 suicides aren't going to be the play. Suicides have their place. But spending all those units unlocking them and then turning them off/on as content comes and goes? No from me.
  • Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    Daddrieda said:

Well if you hate the Recoil damage so much then I would recommend to finish the current content such as act 6 and so on, unless I misunderstood that you already complete every single one of them and only has to do monthly events for the time being, then yeah do use the suicide mastery to increase your speed towards unit gain or chasing a specific champion. But there are many players that aren’t even using suicide mastery and still doing just incredible fine without it.

I have already explored till 7.2 and hardly hunt for champs.
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    I use them very very rarely, I used them in legends run but thats about it.
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    Only for arena and easy stuff tho, I’d never use suicides for places where I need the health
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    edited August 2021
    Regret my decision , don't do it
    theham said:

I'm f2p and a big arena grinder. If it wasn't for suicides, I wouldn't be able to play the game. Definitely recommend.

Edited - had the wrong quote before...

Let me get this straight...Your time is valuable so you use suicides to make arena grinding faster. But, don't you have to turn them off and on for various content... Which requires units, which requires.... more grinding.... That makes a ton of sense.

Use them if you like them. To each their own.

I turned them on last week to compliment a new r3 G2099 and an existing r3 warlock and an R3 moleman. Aq was easier with corvus, but suicides were not helpful for sop or summoner showdown and just make champs like R3 doom, NF, void, R3 torch and R3 venom feel so terrible when I could/should just be spamming fat specials to control fights and get crazy damage from them.

I keep trying to like suicides and I keep finding that I hate them. Fights are not always faster just because there is more basic damage. Specials also have increased damage and great utility that you can't access in long fights if it tanks 5% of your health every special. IMHO there are a handful of champs that absolutely benefit from suicides, but even they suffer in content where specials are a requirement or the health pools are long and willpower is neutered. I play for fun and only accessing the same 5 champs, is booooooooooring.
  • Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★

I view it as trading my game life for real life.

Lol nice!!
  • StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    I unlocked them to try a legend run.
    Made my champion really powerful and able to finish the fight rapidly

But apart for the legend run i do not use them. make my champions to easy to deal with in defense and i rarely use Suicide friendly champion to attack.

But i guess that if you want to do some legend run or grind in arena, suicide mastery are the perfect tools for you.
    as for the recoil, well avoid using any sp but you sp3
  • Darkraider234Darkraider234 Posts: 125
    Most of you're champs aren't suicide friendly
    edited August 2021
    AATT said:

Seraphion said:

My advise:

Glass Cannon
    Courage
    Despair
    Deep Wounds
    Assassin

Or

Petrify & MD

I'd suggest 3/3 glass cannon as base kit. With 3/3 GC poison damage is equal of WP healing. Debuffs' damage is calculated over max health while WP is calculated over base health
    How you spend the rest of the points is down to preference if you want to play with suicides.

I don't know if going into "negative" hp so you don't lose 2-5 hp per tick is worth it but it's an option

Seraphion said:

My advise:

Glass Cannon
    Courage
    Despair
    Deep Wounds
    Assassin

Or

Petrify & MD

Just no
    Your understanding of mastery is not that great then :)
  • AATTAATT Posts: 525 ★★★
    Seraphion said:

AATT said:

Seraphion said:

My advise:

Glass Cannon
    Courage
    Despair
    Deep Wounds
    Assassin

Or

Petrify & MD

How you spend the rest of the points is down to preference if you want to play with suicides.

I don't know if going into "negative" hp so you don't lose 2-5 hp per tick is worth it but it's an option
    This is my base suicide setup:

The last 5 points I use them in:
    2/3 courage + 3/3 despair
    or
    1/3 despair + 4/5 deep wounds