**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is Bullet time in 7.2.1 bugged??

I’ve been parrying with hit monkey and nick fury against spider Gwen and the charges appear although some times I when I parry her she actually gets stunned which doesn’t make any sense whatsoever given the node says that will not happen and sometimes when I dex while she has the charges, she doesn’t get stunned! They just disappear! This is very frustrating man. Really annoyed of this! Could it be the pacify mastery is affecting stuff some how?? Even if it is why doesn’t she get stunned when there are charges on her??
Not sure if this is a device issue cause I use an iPhone 11. How the heck am I supposed to explore 7.2 with this?? 😡

Comments

• Seaking_04Seaking_04 Posts: 48
    Zan0 said:

This is the pacify mastery. It is trash

Gosh as much as I really like mcoc it's starting to annoy me more recently. Why the heck is the pacify mastery affecting this?? If a dev or an official community mod is reading this, PLEASE DEAL WITH THIS. Or next time be clear with your communication and tell us stuff like this will occur with bullet time in the node description 😡. Doesn’t make sense that pacify is affecting this!
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    edited August 2021

Zan0 said:

Gosh as much as I really like mcoc it's starting to annoy me more recently. Why the heck is the pacify mastery affecting this?? If a dev or an official community mod is reading this, PLEASE DEAL WITH THIS. Or next time be clear with your communication and tell us stuff like this will occur with bullet time in the node description 😡. Doesn’t make sense that pacify is affecting this!
    I just think Kabam should go over all the nodes they've got in the game and add 'Not Affected by Ability Accuracy Reduction' to the nodes that... well, aren't affected by AAR. And then we can just go and assume that if it doesn't mention it, Ability Accuracy Reduction can screw with it.

These sorts of things are why I don't run the Pacify mastery anymore. If I want to turn off a node, I bring someone with Ability Accuracy Reduction in their kit instead (for example, in the case of the 7.1.1 BWDO boss and that 7.2.1 path you're talking about, I'll probably bring Apocalypse in to deal with that). And there's also the added benefit of I don't need to deal with being punished for lowering ability accuracy if I don't want to (eg. Colossus, Guardian, I believe some nodes also do this?)
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,350 ★★★★★
    Yeah pacify for bullet time somehow interacts with it personally ever since that ive removed pacify since if we see this node more often then whats good to have pacify if node doesnt help
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★

Zan0 said:

aar shutting off abilities? What a surprise.
  • DarkGuardianDarkGuardian Posts: 185 ★★
    well, even without pacify mastery, i still managed to trigger parry stun against the cav EQ classic spiderman with capIW back in may, but it did not consume any charges, it only triggered the debuff stun
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    walkerdog said:

Zan0 said:

aar shutting off abilities? What a surprise.
    Worst take I've read today when I've read the "make the ai not dex while the game is broken" thread too.
    I dont know you know what pacify does to say something like this.

It starts out "when your champion inflicts stun debuffs...".

So, pacify cannot effect anything that doesn't get stunned.

Bullettime starts:
    "Anytime the defender is stunned they immediately remove the stun" okay they can be stunned, and pacify can prevent it being removed. Cool.

Then it gets into the charges and says "if the attacker avoids a basic attack using the dexterity mastery, all charges are removed and the defender is passively stunned for 1.5 second per..."

So, they have to be stunned. Pacify cannot prevent a stun that has to occur for pacify to even trigger. This is really basic stuff that theyve failed to address for months bc theyre incompetent at programming game rules into their engine. Most likely someone short-cutted pacify as occurring just before stuns take place and then don't care to recode it now bc they have other things to do and don't really care.
    Kingpin (and other 'instant' shrug off champs) immediately removes debuffs immediately as well... it doesn't mean the debuff never existed, it just means the debuff wasn't there long enough to have an impact on gameplay.
    The Stuns removed by Bullet Time work exactly the same way. They exist on the Defender long enough to check whether ability accuracy reduction will let it stick, but if it doesn't stick, it's not on there long enough to technically Stun the defender.
    Don't get me wrong, it's weird. But that's how it works. I'm assuming it's something like 'the defender must be Stunned by an effect for X frames in order to actually stop responding to inputs (or the AI equivalent)' and those sorts of shrug off effects shrug them off quicker than that.