**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

My SoP Finale Experience

StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
I cannot express how much I did not want to fight Mysterio again and I wasn’t too keen on the idea of fighting Ghost again either, so I didn’t. The exploration rewards are nice, but hey, the real rewards are the milestones (i.e. those sweet generic sigs and r4 materials) and you don’t need to explore it to get them.

So I ran the Venom path five times and the Sinister path once. Here are the champs I used and whether or not I thought they were good choices or not:
Mystic: Doom. This is the one I did the sinister path with. As expected, Doom is a great champ for this.
Science: She-Hulk. Soloed both Venom and Hydra Adaptiod with ease. Not too bad for the GM but you will have to revive because she doesn’t have a damaging debuff.
Skill: Ægon. Pretty okay for the path and good for the GM. Expect to revive because of his damaging debuff being locked behind his sp2.
Cosmic: CGR: Soloed the Venom, trash against Hydra Adaptiod. Not very good against the GM, at least not on my run.
Tech: G2099. Solid champ, has to revive for the GM a few times because she can’t crit.
Mutant: Sunspot. Good for Venom and HA. Terrible for the GM. I swear, the GM was breaking through my block nonspot and was just being difficult.
Total Unit Cost: A lot.
Was it worth it? Probably.

Comments

• thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    congrats! I love your combination of being realistic and strategic. I'm sure it'll be worth it.
  • BuffBeastBuffBeast Posts: 1,075 ★★★★
    edited August 2021
    Grats man! I’m doing the same and not exploring and running the same paths for the milestones. Screw that mysterio. Also, who are you planning to r4? (personally I’m not even close to r4, just trying to get r3 mats)
  • Kyllak11Kyllak11 Posts: 97
    Congrats but just a small tip you could’ve selected g2099 prefight which grants her crit every 20 hits
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Kyllak11 said:

Congrats but just a small tip you could’ve selected g2099 prefight which grants her crit every 20 hits

I did, but since you usually have to take a hit during the GM’s Sp1, it can be difficult to line it up so you can crit during the prompt.
    BuffBeast said:

Grats man! I’m doing the same and not exploring and running the same paths for the milestones. Screw that mysterio. Also, who are you planning to r4? (personally I’m not even close to r4, just trying to get r3 mats)

Weapon X
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    Very cool! I actually wanted the t4cc and t5b more than the t5cc in explo. Definitely was necessary for me.

Very cool! I actually wanted the t4cc and t5b more than the t5cc in explo. Definitely was necessary for me.

I’d very much like the t5b but I want it less than I want to not fight Mysterio.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,131 ★★★★★
    I explored and used CGR for the venom path too.

I found he was great for adaptoid once you made sure and place 5 judgements on him every time you threw sp2 (vigilance+ part gain+altitude then two when you throw sp2). That would remove any unstoppable he would proc and also kept him from endlessly gaining power via three fate seal.

He was okay for the GM, but the path only gives you 3 blunders so that sucks with anyone with all these dex and parry issues
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    The Mysterio path with the Competence cap is absolutely the worst. To be fair I scrapped through it with Apoc eventually.

I’d very much like the t5b but I want it less than I want to not fight Mysterio.
    Fair. I actually solod him with Apoc.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,043 ★★★★★
    dude i JUST did my last path, sunspot for venom path, and grandmaster was completely weird! I couldn't dash outa his attacks a bunch and idk what was happening (but i got a chang chi from the featured so it was worth it)
  • king_ov_scrubsking_ov_scrubs Posts: 396 ★★★

• FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    I’ve been waiting to dive in until the compensation package is delivered by Kabam. I’m getting a bit uneasy now as we’re approaching the end of the month with nothing to be seen yet.

dude i JUST did my last path, sunspot for venom path, and grandmaster was completely weird! I couldn't dash outa his attacks a bunch and idk what was happening (but i got a chang chi from the featured so it was worth it)

That’s exactly what happened to me! I didn’t have a single issue with that with any of the other champs, just Sunspot.

I’ve been trying to solo him with both Apoc and iBom and I just haven’t gotten it yet.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

I’ve been trying to solo him with both Apoc and iBom and I just haven’t gotten it yet.
    Be thankful you didn’t do mysterio-rogue with Apoc. Mysterio was okay but rogue with him was a pain in the butt.
  • Horror_punkHorror_punk Posts: 1,053 ★★★★
    I explored fully but first path I tried with Ronan 5* rank 4/55 on venom and adaptoid lane.
    Though path fights were soloed but GM due to bug ate my 2.5k units because blunders were limited to 3 and Ronan can’t do DoT missions and maximum tokens were 8. I kept getting frustrated as how can he hitting so low.
    I thought i may not be able to explore it and about to go with the same strategy as you applied by doing Symbiot supreme path with various classes but then grinded arena and explored it somehow.

As a F2P player time limited events always scares as we don’t know in the available time the required units can be grinded or not.
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,827 ★★★★★
    I was deadset on doing just the objectives and skipping exploration, but the majority of the item cost seems to be from gm himself , minus the rogue mysterio path. Because of this and since the venom path has a bad node for gm (3 blunder sp3) , I actually think the total investment doesn’t vary much from exploration to completion with all objectives
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    I was planning on Exploring and all Objectives. I did one run with iHulk on the Symbiote path, and managed to solo the paths but GM was definitely a high double digit resource sink for me (unlike all the other more skilled players who seem to be able to do each run with only single digit item usage). That one run ate over half of the resource I was budgeting towards Exploring.

Since I had so much trouble with GM, even with the only node being an inability to gain power, I definitely would not be able to handle a lot of the other nodes. I have been thinking on either passing on further Objective milestones, or just doing one path for all the Objectives.

Sinister or the Emma paths seem like they would make the GM fight easier, but I am not really wanting to fight Sinister or Emma. I might just pass on doing more.

• ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    altavista said:

I was planning on Exploring and all Objectives. I did one run with iHulk on the Symbiote path, and managed to solo the paths but GM was definitely a high double digit resource sink for me (unlike all the other more skilled players who seem to be able to do each run with only single digit item usage). That one run ate over half of the resource I was budgeting towards Exploring.

Since I had so much trouble with GM, even with the only node being an inability to gain power, I definitely would not be able to handle a lot of the other nodes. I have been thinking on either passing on further Objective milestones, or just doing one path for all the Objectives.

Sinister or the Emma paths seem like they would make the GM fight easier, but I am not really wanting to fight Sinister or Emma. I might just pass on doing more.

If you have Doom, the Sinister path is extremely easy.
  • OGAvengerOGAvenger Posts: 1,104 ★★★★★
    Used Sunspot for a path as well and can also confirm the GM fight was weird. It was like his attacks had a different range against him or something or his movements became quicker…I died way too many times just trying to dex back
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,827 ★★★★★
    altavista said:

Not a lot of classes work for the sinister class besides doom unfortunately. Id imagine the emma path has more wiggle room.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I'm going to try to carve out some time tomorrow. I have about 50 revives in stash so should be good.

The competence cap on the gm is worst. I still only used like 5 revives max for that path.

The competence cap on the gm is worst. I still only used like 5 revives max for that path.
    I’d end up spending more than that just to get Mysterio down

I easily solo’d mysterio with king groot. Rogue and Gm we will not speak about though
    My King Groot is only r4 and I don’t have the t5b to r5 him. While I’m pretty confident I can do it with an r4, I do not want to do the Rogue or GM with him.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,043 ★★★★★

I easily solo’d mysterio with king groot. Rogue and Gm we will not speak about though
    My King Groot is only r4 and I don’t have the t5b to r5 him. While I’m pretty confident I can do it with an r4, I do not want to do the Rogue or GM with him.
    Mine is a rank 3 6* and rogue/gm was utter hell