**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Why is Silver Surfer taking incinerate damage?

How come human torch is burning my Silver surfer? He is supposed to take 100% less damage from fire, frost and shock.

Comments

• BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

If it's the Human Torch in the side quest thing, that's because his Incinerates are enhanced.

It happens against all torches due to his smoulders increasing incinerate damage
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

ItsDamien said:

If it's the Human Torch in the side quest thing, that's because his Incinerates are enhanced.

It happens against all torches due to his smoulders increasing incinerate damage
    Yes and no. Yes smoulders increase it. But if you're not increasing his smoulders, the Incinerates are still enhanced in that particular quest.
    ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

Yes and no. Yes smoulders increase it. But if you're not increasing his smoulders, the Incinerates are still enhanced in that particular quest.
    I’m not correcting you, but surfer has energy damage which gives him smoulders, plus if you block his special attack they give him smoulders. So it’s an issue largely due to the smoulders which aren’t just in the side quest.

The enhanced incinerates are another reason that surfer takes damage, but I’m not correcting you, I’m only saying that because your reason kinda implies that outside of the side quest you wouldn’t run into that problem. Someone could read that and think, oh I should be fine against any human torch without enhanced incinerate.

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

I’m not correcting you, but surfer has energy damage which gives him smoulders, plus if you block his special attack they give him smoulders. So it’s an issue largely due to the smoulders which aren’t just in the side quest.

The enhanced incinerates are another reason that surfer takes damage, but I’m not correcting you, I’m only saying that because your reason kinda implies that outside of the side quest you wouldn’t run into that problem. Someone could read that and think, oh I should be fine against any human torch without enhanced incinerate.
    To be fair outside of enhanced incinerate there's not many places where I can think that I (personally) would be giving a defence Torch any smoulders to increase his incinerate damage in the first place. But that's just me I guess. It's probably why I don't immediately think of the smoulders as the issue.
    ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

To be fair outside of enhanced incinerate there's not many places where I can think that I (personally) would be giving a defence Torch any smoulders to increase his incinerate damage in the first place. But that's just me I guess. It's probably why I don't immediately think of the smoulders as the issue.
    Surfer’s sp1 gives smoulders unfortunately due to the energy damage. That’s why we see this concern get brought up on the forum every month or so lol
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

It will definitely happen on every surfer vs HT fight.

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

Surfer’s sp1 gives smoulders unfortunately due to the energy damage. That’s why we see this concern get brought up on the forum every month or so lol
    Ah I guess that's why I wouldn't notice, I wouldn't use his SP1 (even if it's optimal gameplay). I avoid giving Torch smoulders in anyway I humanly can.
    ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

Ah I guess that's why I wouldn't notice, I wouldn't use his SP1 (even if it's optimal gameplay). I avoid giving Torch smoulders in anyway I humanly can.
    Yeah unless I’ve got a bleeder or incinerate immune I’d avoid giving him smoulders like the devil