**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How are all finding the game and compensations at the moment

1235»

Comments

• BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Ebony_Naw said:

Sounds to me like they have to rebuild portions of the game to get input and timing issues back in order, but sure let’s fire everyone working on that project. Maybe then we can have the front end engineers do a MUCH better job fixing the issues. You know, just to bring the forums this week full circle.

Bittersteel may not know with absolute certainty, but logic would dictate employees would like to keep their company (and source of revenue) for as long as possible. I don’t care how many people say it, but I see no reason for Kabam to crash their own game.

Second, Kabam has stated what they believe the problem is, and we have no reason to doubt them. Could they be lying? Sure, but if they are, why would they? If you agree that Kabam is not interested in self-sabotage then it would stand to reason that they have no reason to lie about their identification and goals in fixing the problems.

There have been many, but this has got to be one of the strangest, most unintelligible conspiracy theories I have seen on these forums to date.

I’ve responded to this, but was sent to the abyss of approval, I’m sure you’ll all see it in a few hours :D
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Ebony_Naw said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Sounds to me like they have to rebuild portions of the game to get input and timing issues back in order, but sure let’s fire everyone working on that project. Maybe then we can have the front end engineers do a MUCH better job fixing the issues. You know, just to bring the forums this week full circle.

Bittersteel may not know with absolute certainty, but logic would dictate employees would like to keep their company (and source of revenue) for as long as possible. I don’t care how many people say it, but I see no reason for Kabam to crash their own game.

Second, Kabam has stated what they believe the problem is, and we have no reason to doubt them. Could they be lying? Sure, but if they are, why would they? If you agree that Kabam is not interested in self-sabotage then it would stand to reason that they have no reason to lie about their identification and goals in fixing the problems.

There have been many, but this has got to be one of the strangest, most unintelligible conspiracy theories I have seen on these forums to date.

I’ve responded to this, but was sent to the abyss of approval, I’m sure you’ll all see it in a few hours :D
    Lol luckily I saw it. But a few hours? Mighty optimistic of you
    That’s what I get for editing my comment lol
  • Deuce2180Deuce2180 Posts: 121

The problem is these Posts are redundant. We know there are problems. They're working on them as fast as they can. It's not as if they want the game to be bugged.

Does the bugs make people spend money on things like units for revives? That's good business for them.
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,833 ★★★★★
    Ebony_Naw said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Lol luckily I saw it. But a few hours? Mighty optimistic of you
    That’s what I get for editing my comment lol
    As far as the communication thing though, I find it annoying when they say things like “later this month”, “by the end of this month” but don’t bother to update us as soon as they narrow in on a timeframe.

I don’t need a by the minute blog, but I do think they can be more prompt with updates if there is what to update. At the same time, I don’t really care for a daily update that says the game is still broken, still working to repair the fix. So my desire for better communication really depends on what else there is to tell us.
    My concern is the compensation will be pointless if the sop event is already done or only 1 day from being done
  • Nix2222Nix2222 Posts: 121 ★★★

slayer6 said:

@BitterSteel they need to communicate better.
    Also if it’s to complex sack the people who can’t do their jobs properly, it would be a multi million dollar enterprise not just some back yard hack job, if a car company can’t provide a service that works on a car they can’t keep selling that car, it has to be fixed before selling more issues, so no more content releases and shut war and aq down.
    Those who havnt done some content if they wanna play can do catch ups with that stuff, while others can chill, then if they wanna do compo once bugs are fixed that’s up to them but selling a faulty product isn’t the way to go.
    Half those bugs with those champs you wrote are crazy minor and take a lot of fooling round to master, and as a whole these major bugs are ruining alliances in big squads because great players with high prestige are hard to find so there is a bigger picture also.
    I see your point with some stuff but it’s been over a month and they still have the $ stuff for sale that should be stopped or on hold zero spending actual money until fixed unless kabam are gonna refund $ amd units.
    That’s my view each person will have a different view some will stand for kabam and some don’t care and some are about had enough I just hope it’s fixed soon

Kabam aren't selling a faulty product, and the contract you have with a car company is vastly different to the one you have with kabam while you play their game. The game is bugged, yes that's bad and yes we want it fixed as early as possible. But you're talking like you think someone specifically turned off parry, as if there's a switch somewhere and someone turned it off. This bug came about because they upgraded their unity game engine, doing so may have undone or changed hundreds of different timing parameters for parry and dex. From what I've read from Kabam Miike and DNA who have explained it, this was not a foreseeable bug, this wasn't a bug that you can just test. You can't test how upgrading a game engine is going to affect every part of the game, it just happens and Kabam are scrambling to fix it. Who would you fire for that? "Just fire someone" isn't a solution, it's something people jump to when they just want to be angry.

So your solution to all this, is for kabam to stop allowing players to spend? That's definitely a new one. In a couple months when revenue is going to be lower because players are upset with the state of the game, you want Kabam to stop letting players spend. I'm curious, do you know the impact of that? Cause if you want a game to play, that's not the solution.
    Agree 100%. Spot on as usual.