**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Kitty Pryde thoughts?

2»

Comments

• SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★

Just watched the deep dive and I definitely have to have her. She’s not going to be in the next featured though, is she? She’ll be in the one after that?

Yea the one after. Personally prefer it that way, potential for kitty, nimrod and knull in one featured crystal is too good for me to pass up
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,797 ★★★★★

Just watched the deep dive and I definitely have to have her. She’s not going to be in the next featured though, is she? She’ll be in the one after that?

Yea the one after. Personally prefer it that way, potential for kitty, nimrod and knull in one featured crystal is too good for me to pass up
    imagine it’s not Knull next month
  • BuffBeastBuffBeast Posts: 1,075 ★★★★
    edited August 2021

She looks busted to me. That passive unblockable synergy is a bit rediculous no? If you're skilled can't you ignore literally any type of damage? Passive or not

We've seen that champs who get free openings are pretty damn OP. And Kitty pride may have even easier openings than ghost.

Shhhh. This *looks* like one of the champs that’s actually good this year
    Besides, like you said, you’ll need skill to pull that off. We’ll have to see though
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    Sucks that she’s already affected by True Focus.

That would be painful.

But there's no way it's not him..... right?

She eats that node up. Essentially indestructible with 250% defensive power gain while phased.

Dash into a combo or special and walk away with a sp3
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,329 ★★★★★

U clearly didnt read her sig properly as it says while phase all sources are 0, while phased gain x% defensive combat power rate and phase is paused when struck. This clearly counters true focus since phase is always paused if struck and u gain a lot of power and isnt like ghosts that expires even if hit
  • BuffBeastBuffBeast Posts: 1,075 ★★★★

That would be painful.

But there's no way it's not him..... right?
    I know almost nothing about Knull except he’s the creator of Symbiotes but after reading the first few sentences of his wiki he seems pretty mystical. Correct me if he’s more likely to be cosmic, but if he’s mystic, then I swear to god if Kabam don’t give him an ability to remove buffs called Knullification I’m gonna march up to Vancouver and knock their heads together
    Nah he’s defo cosmic. He was around before the celestials in the abyss. So dude was chillin until the celestials came and started creating stuff, so he kills one and starts preparing to make the universe the abyss again. But somewhere along the lines his symbiotes turn on him and imprison him (iirc). Then he comes back and starts wreaking havoc on earth. My memory of KIB is fuzzy but comics explained has good videos on it if you want a more accurate summary
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,827 ★★★★★
    edited August 2021
    So true focus is introduced to war as means of putting restraints on ghost/quake since they can easily clear boss island champs, then a similar advantageous champ is introduced that effectively counters true focus? Sound logic
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,056 ★★★★

Chikel said:

Chikel said:

Might be the first champion I'll buy Cavs for.
    It's also a crappy move on Kabam's part that there are only 2 champions that can turn her off and only one is available in the game. He isn't even usable either.
    Alternative is to use WM and spam sp1 but even then, she will still be annoying on defense

Who are the two?
    Psychoman and Nimrod. Only two champions with access to cowardice debuff. No one is ranking up Psychodud and it will be a while before Nimrod enters the game
    Ah. Yeah I guessed one was Nimrod. Didn't know Dud was a counter lol.

Honestly, this new thing of a reworked ability countering abilities that used to counter the original ability is dumb imo.
    I don't have much of a problem with it, the meta has been stale too long and needs shaking up.
    My problem is their lazy approach where the counters to new champs are only available in future champs (America Chavez) or in only one champ (Kitty Pride)
    Peni wasn't so bad, Mags can still handle her if you play slowly and they buffed two counters to her in the same month. She's got a lot of usable counters actually -
    - King Groot,
    - Venom
    - Venomopool
    - Red Goblin
    - Nick Fury
    - Horseman Stryfe
    - Magento
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,413 ★★★★★
    Chikel said:

Chikel said:

Chikel said:

Might be the first champion I'll buy Cavs for.
    It's also a crappy move on Kabam's part that there are only 2 champions that can turn her off and only one is available in the game. He isn't even usable either.
    Alternative is to use WM and spam sp1 but even then, she will still be annoying on defense

Who are the two?
    Psychoman and Nimrod. Only two champions with access to cowardice debuff. No one is ranking up Psychodud and it will be a while before Nimrod enters the game
    Ah. Yeah I guessed one was Nimrod. Didn't know Dud was a counter lol.

Honestly, this new thing of a reworked ability countering abilities that used to counter the original ability is dumb imo.
    I don't have much of a problem with it, the meta has been stale too long and needs shaking up.
    My problem is their lazy approach where the counters to new champs are only available in future champs (America Chavez) or in only one champ (Kitty Pride)
    Peni wasn't so bad, Mags can still handle her if you play slowly and they buffed two counters to her in the same month. She's got a lot of usable counters actually -
    - King Groot,
    - Venom
    - Venomopool
    - Red Goblin
    - Nick Fury
    - Horseman Stryfe
    - Magento
    Not talking about Peni specifically, but the idea in general. Because it doesn't make sense unless as you said, they have counters available previously. My problem is that usually the way it goes is that the new champs are the counters. Which is what I feel is dumb.
    Champ A has some ability that counters everything we've seen before, Champ B released the same month or the next can counter Champ A.
    By the time Champ B comes into the pool for the non-spenders, it's 6 odd months and then you have to pray that you get them.
  • MavRCK_MavRCK_ Posts: 469 ★★★
    Looks like a crazy defender on stun immune.
  • slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★

She looks busted to me. That passive unblockable synergy is a bit rediculous no? If you're skilled can't you ignore literally any type of damage? Passive or not

We've seen that champs who get free openings are pretty damn OP. And Kitty pride may have even easier openings than ghost.

I don't think so, she can missed the attack but at the cost of 6 prowess each miss when it's ends, you don't want to use it for missing attack unleash you launch sp during miss or use it for utility purpose.
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,056 ★★★★

I think she looks well-rounded. Good access to damage and utility, interesting playstyle, doesn't feel too weak or too strong, and a pretty good champ. Same can be said for nimrod honestly. Liking next months champs

She seems made for intercepts. Let's hope they don't make her squishy like so many "high skill" cap champs.
  • Killswitch01Killswitch01 Posts: 669 ★★★

She eats that node up. Essentially indestructible with 250% defensive power gain while phased.

Dash into a combo or special and walk away with a sp3
    A month later, kabam says she's bugged then nerfs her indestructible🤧
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,390 ★★★★★

She will be in feature 6* 1/12/22 but her 5* version will be 11/3/21 along with Hercules.Peni.Spidey2099.Nimrod.Chavez.

Getting a 5* before 6* is a good way to test out the 5* and then decided when you do get her as a 6* will she be worth the resources by then she likely will be close to sig 200 5* 🤣
  • Kitty Pryde put incinerates on Colossus who is support to be immune to incinerate effects. :|

Edit: Nvm, it's the labyrinth one who doesn't have buffed abilities.

Some of her Incinerate are passives. I think the sp3 one.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,797 ★★★★★

Kitty Pryde put incinerates on Colossus who is support to be immune to incinerate effects. :|

Edit: Nvm, it's the labyrinth one who doesn't have buffed abilities.

Some of her Incinerate are passives. I think the sp3 one.
    Even if it’s passive it’s still an incinerate

Doesn’t matter since that was labyrinth colossus who isn’t buffed
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,139 ★★★★★

I actually love that phase mechanic, and it just makes me more upset they've decided to go the true focus route.

They've essential made a miss character that benefits from true focus. While struck during phase she gets increased defensive power rate and takes no damage and has phase paused. Actually a scummy move.

She's also got a nice utility set and good damage. Overall looks stacked

Create a problem: Solve problem: profit off of problem.

Any good government knows to do this.
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,139 ★★★★★

Yeah the one after next. So you likely won’t get her for another 3 years with how the schedules (feel like they) work
    It’s gonna be so long until I open another six star lol. At least at that point I’ll have so many shards I’ll be bound to get her.
    fr. Imma have 45k shards in a couple days and then I'll have 5 months to accumulate more shards then pop those featured.
  • AllnamesbetakenAllnamesbetaken Posts: 118
    Gonna save up units for 2 or 3 measly Crystal's in hopes of getting her. I'm glad her playstyle isnt too stressful, however if the ai isnt aggressive it might be hard to keep those incinerates up long enough.
  • Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★
    My thoughts on Kitty Pryde?

Well I guess I'm filled with Pryde talking about her.
    Kitty has the potential to be one of the best mutant Champions since Apocalypse.
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,722 ★★★

Also, I forgot to mention, Horseman Pryde, anyone with a 5/6* Apoc?

I am ready
    Can u show ur mastery setup please?