**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Is there a list to gauge which sp causes the most damage for a champion?

WayWorn2525WayWorn2525 Posts: 763 ★★★
edited August 2021 in Strategy and Tips
I was looking on the forum and searching on google to see if there is a list to show or gauge which sp causes the most damage for each champion.
For ex. for Dragon Man, it seems (i.e. well to me) that sp2 causes more damage than an sp3.
I thought the higher the sp the greater the damage unless I am wrong about this.
I thought there might be a list to show which sp for each champion causes the most damages. Any information or knowledge would be appreciated!!!
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,370 ★★★★★
    Though there are some cases were sp1 can even been more viable than both
    Morning star
    Professor x
    Apocalypse
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★

Morning star
    Professor x
    Apocalypse

the first one only works if you’re fully ramped up and there aren’t like 7 buffs on the opponent

doesn’t Prof X’s special two do loads more damage anyway as well?
    yes his sp2 does alot more damage, no idea what odishika is talking about lol.
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★

Morning star
    Professor x
    Apocalypse

the first one only works if you’re fully ramped up and there aren’t like 7 buffs on the opponent

It does way more, to the point where if you're ramped up it's sometimes better to forgo the sp1 spam and build back up to a sp2

Morning star
    Professor x
    Apocalypse

But spamming sp1 back to back is fun

Morning star
    Professor x
    Apocalypse

With enough practise you can spam sp1 4 times when you get max cerebro charges once you get ten prowess the damage really Start's to pick up
    It is even viable for abyss
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Bishop says hi.
  • WooptyfrickendooWooptyfrickendoo Posts: 184
    Generally the sp1 is the utility special
    The sp2 is the big damage special
    And the sp3 is either completely worthless or a rotation based special

I will use doctor doom as an example here
    His sp1 does very little damage but steals a lot of power, nullifies a lot of buffs, and gives you your Aura
    His sp2 simply does a lot of damage over a lot of hits and places potent dot effects
    His sp3 gives him his furies to increase his damage and stuns the opponent allowing you to start the "doom cycle"

Really the only way to know how useful champs special are is just to read their abilities, read what each special does to see if it looks like it offers more damage or utility. And if both the sp2 and the sp3 don't seem to have damage bonus then it's more than likely that the sp2 will do more damage just on the fact that it can crit.

I hope this helps.
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★

Morning star
    Professor x
    Apocalypse

With enough practise you can spam sp1 4 times when you get max cerebro charges once you get ten prowess the damage really Start's to pick up
    Not going to argue too much but you can easily spam 3-4 SP2s for prof X.

At 1 cerebro charge, with 4 prowess, he does 35k damage each sp2.

So technically his sp2 does more damage.
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★

Generally the sp1 is the utility special
    The sp2 is the big damage special
    And the sp3 is either completely worthless or a rotation based special

I will use doctor doom as an example here
    His sp1 does very little damage but steals a lot of power, nullifies a lot of buffs, and gives you your Aura
    His sp2 simply does a lot of damage over a lot of hits and places potent dot effects
    His sp3 gives him his furies to increase his damage and stuns the opponent allowing you to start the "doom cycle"

Really the only way to know how useful champs special are is just to read their abilities, read what each special does to see if it looks like it offers more damage or utility. And if both the sp2 and the sp3 don't seem to have damage bonus then it's more than likely that the sp2 will do more damage just on the fact that it can crit.

I hope this helps.

This is pretty accurate for most champs.

CGR, CapIW, Doom, Namor, Invisible Woman, Guardian, Hyperion, HitMonkey and just about anyone else you can think of.
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    lots of champs have their sp2 having more raw damage than their sp3. for example, magneto will do more damage from his sp2 because of the armor break, but there's more overall damage from his sp3 because of the bleeds. also, some champs use their sp2 more often than their sp3 in rotation, and vice versa. for example, when you're ramping up cmm, maybe her sp2 will do more damage, but her sp3 gives her more charges, which she needs to ramp up
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★

Morning star
    Professor x
    Apocalypse

I assure you Ik how professor X works lol, and his sp2 is where you maximize damage.
  • 0casual00casual0 Posts: 457 ★★★
    Havok's SP3 deals MORE damage than his other two sp. His SP2 also not too bad but that SP3, just wipe everyone out in an instant.
  • LordPSNLordPSN Posts: 799 ★★★★
    Warlock sp3 deals more damage than the other special
    LordPSN said:

Warlock sp3 deals more damage than the other special

The one who disagree with me, can you tell me why? Warlock sp3 is dealing more damage.
    Come on guys... Which sp of Warlock is better than?? At least tell me that...
  • DiplodocusDiplodocus Posts: 234 ★★★
    Havok's sp3 is more powerful than sp2....though I dont know why!!!

LordPSN said:

Warlock's SP2 > SP3

Mainly because 1. His Crit Damage is insanely high and you cannot crit in an SP3, 2. He applies 2 strong Armour Breaks before and after and 3. You have like idk 10 hits in that special.
    Ok thanks man. Will try to use that then.
  • Thanos1149Thanos1149 Posts: 1,136 ★★★
    LordPSN said:

LordPSN said:

Warlock's SP2 > SP3

Mainly because 1. His Crit Damage is insanely high and you cannot crit in an SP3, 2. He applies 2 strong Armour Breaks before and after and 3. You have like idk 10 hits in that special.
    Ok thanks man. Will try to use that then.
    Lol you’ve never his used sp2 before? His biggest source of damage is his SP2, much more than the SP1 or or SP3, which are usually used for some emergency power drain, and lil bit of other stuff