**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Nimrod deep dive

2»

Comments

• TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    So uh, is this our next AQ boss?
  • theMercenarytheMercenary Posts: 643 ★★★
    from what i’ve seen in the deep dive, feels like his damage is not there? i might be wrong and need to see karatemikes testing. but i liked the tons of utility he puts on the table.
  • QfuryQfury Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    slacker said:

"armor breaks cannot remove armor up"
    At least Medusa/Aarkus still able to counter him tho... if i'm not wrong, also he generate so much buffs which means *laugh in mystic*

Nimrods Eq node
    Attacker can not gain more than 1 bar of power.

Honestly aslong as there's no true sense/strike node imma quake it lol
  • 0casual00casual0 Posts: 457 ★★★
    Why did he have to shoot projectile for his sp 1. It's gonna lag and I can only take block damage... gosh..
  • ZeepZorpZeepZorp Posts: 111 ★★
    Chikel said:

My main problem with Nimrod's ability to counter Mags is that it's only useful on defense. On offense, the block penetration will chip you down, Mags will reverse your sp3 regen, his damage is through shocks which Mags has 90% resistance to. He looks more like a White Mags counter but then your power rate is reduced and he gains more attack essentially negating your class advantage.
    If you're going to make a Mags counter, at least make him useful to the players.

In the video, Nimrod has AAR immunity against mutants, so most of this shouldn't happen. Unfortunately damage wise, he'll feel pretty bad against mags.

• Shock29Shock29 Posts: 536 ★★★
    ZeepZorp said:

Chikel said:

My main problem with Nimrod's ability to counter Mags is that it's only useful on defense. On offense, the block penetration will chip you down, Mags will reverse your sp3 regen, his damage is through shocks which Mags has 90% resistance to. He looks more like a White Mags counter but then your power rate is reduced and he gains more attack essentially negating your class advantage.
    If you're going to make a Mags counter, at least make him useful to the players.

In the video, Nimrod has AAR immunity against mutants, so most of this shouldn't happen. Unfortunately damage wise, he'll feel pretty bad against mags.

Nimrod's AAR immunity against Mutants will only prevent the AAR from Magnetism. His Regen Rate will still be reversed and if Mags is awakened he will have high block penetration.
  • ZeepZorpZeepZorp Posts: 111 ★★
    Shock29 said:

ZeepZorp said:

Chikel said:

Nimrod's AAR immunity against Mutants will only prevent the AAR from Magnetism. His Regen Rate will still be reversed and if Mags is awakened he will have high block penetration.
    That's a bummer then.
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,044 ★★★★★
    Medusa :- when you pathetic lowlifes loses hope, we ancient always had to step in. Smh

OG's Happy noises heard all over the Battle realm
  • BuffBeastBuffBeast Posts: 1,074 ★★★★
    edited August 2021
    That moment when an extremely advanced robot doesn’t even have shock immunity.

Was hoping for some more immunities than the generic poison and bleed ones.
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★
    I'll be a nimrod if i go for his crystals and get a 3* only 🤣
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★

Nimrod has a secret piece of utility none of you are noticing, a way to be the perfect AQ Boss.

His Sp3 animations will inflict a Slow Debuff on the opponent's phone, making it lag for days on end.

I would say it is a bit differently between Peni and Nimrod.

The armorbreak "immunity" is a lot less of a problem bc it is not like if he has an armor up you can't fight him.

With penni 1 of the biggest counters to autoblock is truestrike and that is a problem bc you can't continue the fight normally in that case.

They could have just given him armorbreak immunity but instead let counterplay from Medusa and Vision still alive with shatter.

And on offense it is better to have armorbreak resistance than immunity so you can heal from Willpower.
  • KostaschaniaKostaschania Posts: 7

armor breaks cannot remove armor up

well then what do you want me to do, whip an armor shatter out of nowhere?

Well, you can nullify them. But it's weird having Cosmic Characters, who have an class advantage, not being able to deal with this. It's so.... stu.... weird.
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,370 ★★★★★

armor breaks cannot remove armor up

well then what do you want me to do, whip an armor shatter out of nowhere?

Well, you can nullify them. But it's weird having Cosmic Characters, who have an class advantage, not being able to deal with this. It's so.... stu.... weird.
    Well
    Now and then we might get champs that go against the status quo

Angela and nullify resistance
    Nimrod for cosmic armor break potency
    Jubari panther's cleanse for Anti purify

It kinda shoody but it happens
  • Wasy1Wasy1 Posts: 95
    A metal defender that is immune to megnatize: wt h
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,056 ★★★★

Chikel said:

If you want a mags counter then just use a non metal champ :lol:
    Lol, I never said I lacked a Mags counter. I just found it scrummy that they made a metal that can counter Mags only on defense.
    Angela counters mystics on offense even better than defense
    Jabari Panther does the same against mutants that prevent or punish purify
    And Magneto the subject of this discussion wrecks almost the entire tech class on offense and severely inconveniences them on defense
    But no, let's make a Mags counter nobody is going to use against the Mags. Hell, even Ultron is a better Mags counter on offense than "The Ultimate Sentinel" I have used him against a stacked Mags boss in incursions and he performed quite well.
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★

from what i’ve seen in the deep dive, feels like his damage is not there? i might be wrong and need to see karatemikes testing. but i liked the tons of utility he puts on the table.

I sometimes feel like I'm watching a different deep dive than some people.
    We see the 6* drop a 150k+ special 2 and he's got access to 45% energize. He's going to have no problem cycling his specials.

Against shock immune he'll have problems but at least there's an incoming synergy that swaps his damage to incinerate in those matchups
  • Hilbert_unbeatable2Hilbert_unbeatable2 Posts: 804 ★★★

“Armor breaks cannot remove armor up” wow that’s extremely lazy I am not impressed. Just like peni ability to counter true strike and stuff it’s a lazy design

Probably October champs- nullify cannot remove buffs
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,892 ★★★★★

“Armor breaks cannot remove armor up” wow that’s extremely lazy I am not impressed. Just like peni ability to counter true strike and stuff it’s a lazy design

We got that with Angela and the thing already.
  • Ken1378Ken1378 Posts: 279 ★★★

We see the 6* drop a 150k+ special 2 and he's got access to 45% energize. He's going to have no problem cycling his specials.

Against shock immune he'll have problems but at least there's an incoming synergy that swaps his damage to incinerate in those matchups
    Yeah, but I’m also seeing 4k medium crits against RoL Black Panther. Which seems very low for a 6-star r4, especially since they are running suicides. 71 hits to finish off that Black Panther isn’t awful, I guess. It also doesn’t seem amazing either. I’ll be interested to see some maxed 5-star or 6-star r2 gameplay to get a baseline that’s easier to compare. Likely ends up being somewhere around average damage and lots of utility.
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,122 ★★★★★
    So between this month and next, I think its safe to assume they're weaning all the good attackers out of meta asap.
    Ken1378 said:

Yeah, but I’m also seeing 4k medium crits against RoL Black Panther. Which seems very low for a 6-star r4, especially since they are running suicides. 71 hits to finish off that Black Panther isn’t awful, I guess. It also doesn’t seem amazing either. I’ll be interested to see some maxed 5-star or 6-star r2 gameplay to get a baseline that’s easier to compare. Likely ends up being somewhere around average damage and lots of utility.
    With energy vulnerability he's doing 5.5k mediums, not crazy but expecting high base combo damage from a special heavy champ makes no sense.

I swear we have this talk every time a special damage champ gets shown. People said the same thing about the peni deep dive since her base damage isn't high despite us seeing her easily drop around 400k incinerate sp2.

A r4 is a 14% stat increase from a r3, even taking that away from the damage it's still good. Starting to believe if a champ doesn't do big yellow numbers their damage will get overlooked
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,056 ★★★★

That's a 6* r3 with suicides at max ramp. Consider that you can't always fully ramp him up in every fight and you can't always keep him up in dual mode while you bait sp, play around nodes etc. And he doesn't have any power control to help him keep up the aggressive playstyle, maybe the energize will do that.
    His damage is good but nothing crazy. He will be crazy in shock lanes though
  • Count_WillisCount_Willis Posts: 121 ★★
    DawsMan said:

So between this month and next, I think its safe to assume they're weaning all the good attackers out of meta asap.

They for sure seem to be trying to re-shape the meta. My buddy and i were chatting about this the other day. Herc was the start and maybe we get a couple more super OP champs by the end of the year. If i recall, everyone was all about sunspot until they found out warlock was a utility beast, im feeling a ton of utility on Nimrod and he has some sick synergies.
    Chikel said:

That's a 6* r3 with suicides at max ramp. Consider that you can't always fully ramp him up in every fight and you can't always keep him up in dual mode while you bait sp, play around nodes etc. And he doesn't have any power control to help him keep up the aggressive playstyle, maybe the energize will do that.
    His damage is good but nothing crazy. He will be crazy in shock lanes though
    His ramp up is literally parry in Titan Protocol and play as you normally would. Why wouldn't you be able to do this in most fights.

You don't need to be in eradicate Protocol, I never mentioned it as a requirement since you don't need for the damage I stated.
    You still get the damage just from Blitz protocol, eradicate gives you the unstoppable from Titan and increased potency and duration depending on Sig. So no you're not dependent on always being in eradicate even though l think it'll be easy to keep up

The damage I quoted is actually a low ball since it doesn't include the increased duration from Sig in eradicate mode.
    He does have a form of power mitigation, he inflicts a 150% power bar drain after every defender special so playing aggressive after baiting a special isn't a problem either.

At this point I'll leave it until he comes out, we'll get an answer when he drops
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Do you mean nullify immunity?