**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why I can’t fight the GM, frame by frame

RillianRillian Posts: 691 ★★★
edited August 2021 in General Discussion

Hopefully that’s in the right order…

Comments

• CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 531 ★★★
    Ebony_Naw said:

This confirms what some have said elsewhere that you need to dex earlier, before the beam comes across or you’re too late. It’s odd. It’s certainly different than 6.4.6. But it matches my experience in SoP and what I’ve seen on the forums.

Yup, I've posted the same elsewhere, I've dexed early and felt like I should have been cleaned up, but it's counted.
    I slowly adapted to dexing in anticipation of the beam rather than the beam itself.

I'm thinking of embarking on 6.4.6 exploration since the fight will be fresh. I do wonder if the timing will be the same i.e. it's a result of engine changes and not something specific to the SoP fight.

• CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,935 ★★★★★
    Ebony_Naw said:

Interesting. What that first frame shows is that despite blocking and no beam out yet, you still lost health, which we can take to mean that the damage is happening at the formation of the energy, even before the beam is pushed across the field. This confirms what some have said elsewhere that you need to dex earlier, before the beam comes across or you’re too late. It’s odd. It’s certainly different than 6.4.6. But it matches my experience in SoP and what I’ve seen on the forums.

I’m not convinced this was intentional design, but I do appreciate this, as it is the best proof we have seen yet.

Sorry if this sounds so optimistic, it really is quite odd and unreasonable in a way. But I am happy to be able to pinpoint what has otherwise been simple “feel” for many.

I was the one who said it, and it was the same on my 6.4 run, so maybe the timing was changed with the act 6 nerfs? Idk, it was exactly the same for me as before, just dex right as the screen darkens, way before you think you should, and it works every time.
  • LordabckLordabck Posts: 297 ★★★
    How to get rid of bugs. Watch this.

https://youtube.com/shorts/YDVeMLYa_Ts?feature=share
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,522 ★★★★
    edited August 2021
    Crcrcrc said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Interesting. What that first frame shows is that despite blocking and no beam out yet, you still lost health, which we can take to mean that the damage is happening at the formation of the energy, even before the beam is pushed across the field. This confirms what some have said elsewhere that you need to dex earlier, before the beam comes across or you’re too late. It’s odd. It’s certainly different than 6.4.6. But it matches my experience in SoP and what I’ve seen on the forums.

I’m not convinced this was intentional design, but I do appreciate this, as it is the best proof we have seen yet.

Sorry if this sounds so optimistic, it really is quite odd and unreasonable in a way. But I am happy to be able to pinpoint what has otherwise been simple “feel” for many.

I was the one who said it, and it was the same on my 6.4 run, so maybe the timing was changed with the act 6 nerfs? Idk, it was exactly the same for me as before, just dex right as the screen darkens, way before you think you should, and it works every time.

I beat him in the weeks before bugs and the dex was normal for me having beaten him previously to that both pre and post nerf.

By normal I mean kinda like iceman sp1, not what you are describing.
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    Rillian said:

So maybe you need to dex twice, once as he pulls his hands back, then again as he forms the energy orb in his hands?

It’s all academic for me at this point as I’m out of items again…

A comment on that first screenshot in the last post: the registered dex is just me dashing back to create distance. I didn’t know an sp1 was coming when I started the action.

Just gotta dex once as he pulls his hands back. It feels unnaturally early but if you treat it like Ironman, or worse, IP, you’re gonna take it to the face. I did 6.4 so long ago I can’t remember if there was a difference but there’s point is hella early. I guess to allow you to prepare for the challenges.
  • EtherionGodEtherionGod Posts: 243 ★★
    I got to the Grandmaster yesterday for the first time and I died a couple times cause I messed up the timing on his SP1. It's so painful having to sit through it and just watch the damage 😭
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★
    When I fought 6.4.6 GM couple months ago, this beam was the major reason why it was so expensive. It was my fault only back then tho
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,107 ★★★★★
    I'm glad OP has started this thread as this was really obvious in my first fight Vs the SOP GM, and it took me a while to realise i had to dex with his hands drawn back well before the beam.

What worries me is when I went to do a practice run in 6.4.6 before my first run in SOP it was different timing on that sp1 too (it seemed more normal). You would think the code for the GM would be the same but to be they are basically different characters.

So current SoP GM.. His sp1 is clearly bugged.. Is it due to the initial bugs, did the hot fix change it, and will the story GM stay as normal when they eventually fix everything??

I know these can't be answered until they pay the final fix but it is worrying that two instances of an NPC that should be identical can be so different at the same time.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,107 ★★★★★
    Ebony_Naw said:

Crcrcrc said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Not sure when you completed 6.4.6 but it’s definitely a second earlier than it used to be. Corkscrew and Mr. BBQ make a good point that perhaps this is similar to the engine issues, but if that were the case, I find it odd that my issue is localized to this single fight.

Regardless, I stumbled on the early dex by accident, but as soon as I confirmed it, I tried to tell and describe it without a concrete visual to anyone complaining. We’re deep into week 10 at this point, but hopefully we can better help a few more people by having a concrete visual to show anyone struggling.
    Sort of what I'm hinting at. It seems the two GMs behave differently in their sp1 despite the fact they should be the same character. I can't recall seeing any defender in different quests having an issue like this before.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    I just swipe back when the unblockable word comes on. 😬