**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Buffed Gamora - thoughts

KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,738 ★★★★★
I have tried out Gamora and I feel like she is a bit ofa Ebony Maw - the buff still isn't it (ftr I like Maw after last buff). Her damage has gone up nicely, she has some more utility, great synergies, but she is still kinda stressful to play imo. Her buffs last 14.4 seconds tops (17.3 w synergy) and then you need to throw heavy. It is kinda like NT, Prof X or Apoc, just...worse, bcs you need to ramp up + play 40 seconds + bring in synergy for this all.

What are your thoughts? Am I just so blind, or is she kinda underwhelming?

Comments

• KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,738 ★★★★★

FYI her buffs don’t fall off all at once. Makes it a bit easier to manage. That wasn’t in her spotlight that I saw.

Really? I thought that (just like Prof X), if you refresh them w heavy, you lose all at once, when they expire (if we count the maximum duration ones).
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★

As expected her miss counter isn't accessible and we all know getting to the sp3 just to counter evade is nonsense.

If only someone had said that before the buff was live. I for one have no idea how they would have known it
    Must have been a lucky guess, definitely wasn't a way to test it before the update went live
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,235 ★★★★★
    Yes, because we all know the day it was released is adequate enough time for testing and using her. Lol.
    She's been buffed what, 5 minutes? Since she can't be used the way you play her for the content you want her for, then it's a miss? I wait for much broader and long-term testing than that. A couple months at least. Once again, just because the buff doesn't function how you want to see it function, you think it's a miss? Sure.
    We've been over this. I'm pragmatic with my judgments. People said Carnage sucked as soon as he came out. I didn't agree to anything until he was in the game a reasonable amount of time. People also say a good number of other Champs suck until they get to know them. Tigra, for example.

She's been buffed what, 5 minutes? Since she can't be used the way you play her for the content you want her for, then it's a miss? I wait for much broader and long-term testing than that. A couple months at least. Once again, just because the buff doesn't function how you want to see it function, you think it's a miss? Sure.

A few hours actually. Plenty of time to test it in different Miss scenarios. Not to mention all I really need to do is test how easy it is to get to 10 buffs.

Remind me in 2 months. I look forward to see how you backtrack :)
    A few hours isn't enough to test anything as a whole in the entire game. Unless you're still assuming the intention was to make her comparable and usable in the hardest content. Not all buffs have the goal of making them viable for Top Tier content.
    No, I'm just not in agreeance yet, and I explained why. It's okay. Not everyone agrees with me. You'll be fine.
    I'm not debating your concerns. You're free to express your own opinions. If you think neither the Miss mechanic or the Evade counter are viable, that's yours to say. If you're looking for validation, yes. Your own concerns were founded. For you.
    I'm reserving my own judgment on her and what it helps.
    I'm sorry, I thought this was an adult conversation.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,135 ★★★★★
    In all honesty since there said there’s wil buff champion every mouth knew it was a bad sign in reality there’s just take a bit in and out im honestly not surprised im rather scabs the ide to buff or call it buff but rather we or changes this champion for a snail rather what now because it neither buff
    Jaded said:

I'm sorry, I thought this was an adult conversation.

It was till you made it childish with this comment…
    No, it was until someone made a quip about me proving it when I quite reasonably explained my process.
    I'm not obligated to prove anything because I haven't made any assertions about it. I pointed out that people don't always look past their own applications. Other than that, I explained that I don't jump to judgments with any Champs. That is the extent of it, and my process isn't going to change regardless of who thinks they're right or not.