Due to an issue with Alliance War Defense Tactic, we will be ending this Alliance War Season effective immediately. This current War will not count towards your Alliance War Season Score. War Season eligibility rewards will be reduced to 2 Wars in the Season.

We understand that this is not a perfect solution, but without the ability to remove or freeze the War Rating quick enough, the rest of our Alliance War season would be compromised.

This war will remain active, and in-game, you will still see the season until tomorrow. After we end the season tomorrow, we will be taking some time to collect data and remove the changes to the Alliance War Season score. Once that is complete, we will be able to send out Alliance War Season rewards.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

A reasonable opinion on Compensation

Comments

• ChriissRChriissR Posts: 529 ★★★
    Always that one guy that is never happy.
  • GoddessIliasGoddessIlias Posts: 618 ★★★
    TyEdge said:

Two Thronebreaker accounts that have gotten absolutely nowhere since July 4. Honestly, even my July 4 openings sucked. Burned a ton of revives for an OG Cap from the SOP finale. Got these two nexuses for my two accounts. Not sure what I’m doing here. Kabam’s refusal to give anything more than the illusion of control over the 6-star pool is outdated and counterproductive.

Congrats on the best mutant in the game 👌
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 6,585 ★★★★★

Yep. Confirms my assertion. No matter what they do, some people will never be satisfied

Do you think 15 revives covers all of summer of pain?
    It doesn't even cover my fight with Emma frost.... But had nothing to with the bug, just my skillz
    Oh for sure, to clarify I mean only what was lost throughout all

9 fights
    18 objectives
    6 paths

Because 15 revives allows for 1 revive per week for weeks 1-9 and 1 revive for the path.

Not to mention there’s Cav EQ too which affects people.
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,236 ★★★
    I actually think the compensation was great. Definitely wasn't expecting it to be what it was. Bravo, Kabam and thanks. Let's keep this bug going a little more 😊
  • LightsAnimeLightsAnime Posts: 120
    i got free stuff so im not gonna complain.
  • Jkw634Jkw634 Posts: 227
    To me the most insulting part was the 10% t5c Selector.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 28,798 ★★★★★

Yep. Confirms my assertion. No matter what they do, some people will never be satisfied

it comes to show how easy some people are to get behind average/below average compensation for peoples wasted time. minus out the crystals/shards that were a "gift" for sticking with the game the rest of the comp did not meet 2 months worth of resources lost and missed out on due to their bug.

dont understand how so many people are so easily blinded by 1 6* nexus with a decent pull while they shaft us with the rest :D
    I'm not disillusioned at all. It was a nice gesture. Bottom line is some people have already determined that they're not going to be satisfied with anything they give. That's what happens when you compound issues and build resentments. There's very little that will satisfy that. It has less to do with quid pro quo on the issues and more to do with human reactions.
    I'm not saying everyone needs to accept everything blindly and say it makes up for it. That's not reasonable. Equally as unreasonable is to scoff at whatever effort they make. That's just carrying a torch.
    It was never about replacing every single thing people used or missed out on. That's not possible in a general sense. It's something. I'm grateful they're making an effort. Saying it's less than that is just plain miserable.
  • Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,457 ★★★★
    The comp was great, but I agree the revives and health pots should’ve been larger.
  • BlarghBlargh Posts: 38
    edited August 31
    As a stopgap for now, it's fine, but there’d better be something huge once these issues get fixed (if they ever do). Plus I haven't seen good arena boosts included in any of these? I’m betting I’m not the only one who ended up wasting some because of this non-functional garbage.

• CrusaderjrCrusaderjr Posts: 299 ★★★

it comes to show how easy some people are to get behind average/below average compensation for peoples wasted time. minus out the crystals/shards that were a "gift" for sticking with the game the rest of the comp did not meet 2 months worth of resources lost and missed out on due to their bug.

dont understand how so many people are so easily blinded by 1 6* nexus with a decent pull while they shaft us with the rest :D
    It's a FREE game. You want to play then play.

What's all the crying about?

I haven't seen anyone who couldn't do the EQ as long as they have a decent roster.
    yea thats not how it works, this is peoples hobbies and even some peoples job to make content on, for someone who sees it as a free game why bother coming to forums where its made for the community who obviously see it slightly more seriously than you? and you havent seen anyone who couldnt complete EQ the month the bugs were heavy? cause i know plenty who died on easy content due to the the games issue and had nothing to do with the player.
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    Wish these things came in separate "chunks" in any case. I'll have to sit on this until I wear down my stash in the right areas.

I think somebody had a Store idea where you got points you could use to buy the stuff you used so you're not in overflow, or stuff you missed out on. I liked that idea.

It could be used for everything from long running bugs to emergency maintenance.
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 752 ★★★
    And then we will have to throw items away because the inventory is already full.

Having said that, am I the only one who can't get compensation because they didn't even reset the glory store? Hate to way almost two more days.
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 1,635 ★★★★
    Definitely not enough but not gonna ask for more except for a good fix.
  • Nix2222Nix2222 Posts: 118 ★★★

TyEdge said:

Two Thronebreaker accounts that have gotten absolutely nowhere since July 4. Honestly, even my July 4 openings sucked. Burned a ton of revives for an OG Cap from the SOP finale. Got these two nexuses for my two accounts. Not sure what I’m doing here. Kabam’s refusal to give anything more than the illusion of control over the 6-star pool is outdated and counterproductive.

Firstly, the game really wants you to have OG DD lol.

Secondly, what do you mean by the illusion of control? I’d say things are better than ever with targeting champs. Nexus’ aren’t common per se, but they’re pretty available. I mean just consider how much choice we had back when 5* were the best rarity in the game, we had nothing, it’s only got better since then

What do you think Kabam could do to increase choice, instead of what you mean by the illusion of choice? (Except wish crystals lol)
    I’m actually interested in your opinion @BitterSteel since I remember you had a post a few weeks ago about champion acquisition. What would think if Kabam were to offer players one champion of choice when they reach major progression points (higher rarity to higher levels as well)? I know for me personally, I have always wanted Apocalypse. I don’t think one champion would be game breaking and it would let players have at least one version of their favorite champ to use without having to wait over a year (more for a lot of people) to get them. Would love to hear your thoughts.
  • Psychic_2002Psychic_2002 Posts: 174
    Thank you Kabam, really appreciate it, being serious not sarcastic btw
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 1,268 ★★★★
    @Nix2222 I think just straight out giving you a specific champion would be a bit overpowered but I could see them maybe giving you the ability to narrow down the pool somewhat as you progress. Maybe Thronebreakers could get monthly objectives that reward 6* shards that could eventually be used on, say, class crystals or year crystals. Something along those lines that lets you focus your pulls a bit.

Then, obviously, Cavalier etc could have their own objectives that reward their own shards.

I think wish crystals are probably the best solution, if they manage to implement them. I like the idea of that. My suggestion above is more of a backup plan, if you will.
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 1,032 ★★★★

Do I think it was enough? No, and it’s not for the reason you think.

Take away the 6* that you got and what do you think? Whether it was a basic or a nexus, a good champ or a bad champ, take that away and do you think what we got back was enough?

In my opinion the quality of the compensation should not come down to RNG/Chance it should come down to value. As it stands now if you got a amazing champ then oh yeah the Comp was perfect, but if and you didn’t you may feel like you got nothing for the struggles of the past few months.

The point of the compensation was to help players make up for what they may have used or missed out on, or to apologize for these problems. If that all comes down to 1 crystal regardless of outcome it’s not enough. It doesn’t accomplished what it set out to be, an apology/return on what you missed out on or weren’t able to do. The added items besides the crystal and T5CC selector feel more like just 1 extra week of AQ compensation not the big final payoff for our suffering. They were never going to give out the amount of Units or Revives these issues probably cost. But this just isn’t what we missed out on at all.

But you couldn’t argue the quality of the package if it was more in terms of value, multiple months of issues should result in multiple months worth of rewards/items/etc.. whatever you want to call it. Let’s just imagine if it was 2 months worth of what we would’ve “missed out on”.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - -- - - - - - - -
    2 10% T5CC selectors = 2 months of Cav EQ Exploration.

30,000 6* shards: the shards you’d get from doing content over 2 months.

50,000 5* shards: the shards you’d get from doing content over 2 months.

5* Awakening Generic Gem: we usually get 1 class per month in the SQ so let’s just get 1 generic for 2 months.

50 5* sig generic stones

20 6* class sig stone crystals

2 T5B, 5 T2A, 10 T1A, 10 T4B, 10 T4CC crystals

10 level 2 team revives, 12 level 2 revives, 15 level 1 revives, 15 level 5 potions, 10 level 4 potions,

50,000 loyalty, 10,000 glory

500 units: if they can give away that many in the summer pass I’m sure they could give it in compensation.

- - - - - - -- - - - - - -- - - - - - -- - - - - - -- - - - - - - - -

Now I don’t think anyone could argue that it’s a horrible package because even if you get bad champs from your crystals you get multiple opportunities as well as a lot of other value form rank up resources and items and units.
    I believe it’s reasonable as it’s about 2 months worth of value in items.

And I know some people will be like it didn’t affect them as badly so that’s too much to ask for. But some players were barely even able to play or maybe even stopped because it was so bad for them. This is what they would’ve missed out on. This is what the compensation should’ve been if it’s really about what we may have missed out on. It’s not up to RNG if it’s good or not it’s just solid package in value regardless of results.

I am in for that t5bc part
  • Nix2222Nix2222 Posts: 118 ★★★
    Ercarret said:

@Nix2222 I think just straight out giving you a specific champion would be a bit overpowered but I could see them maybe giving you the ability to narrow down the pool somewhat as you progress. Maybe Thronebreakers could get monthly objectives that reward 6* shards that could eventually be used on, say, class crystals or year crystals. Something along those lines that lets you focus your pulls a bit.

Then, obviously, Cavalier etc could have their own objectives that reward their own shards.

I think wish crystals are probably the best solution, if they manage to implement them. I like the idea of that. My suggestion above is more of a backup plan, if you will.

I’d be happy with that