**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Frame Rate Issues? [Merged]

Legendary_NoobLegendary_Noob Posts: 59
edited August 2021 in Bugs and Known Issues
Hello. I have recently updated the game today and everything was running ok, I would even say better than usual, but then after the compensation packages were out my frame rate dropped dramatically and is stuck at 30 fps or below. Before, my game would run at a consistent 60 fps and would sometimes dip below that if my phone got hot. But after I let my phone cool off it would go back to 60 fps. The problem I have now is that my phone is not hot at all and the game is stuck at 30 fps or lower and won't go back to 60 fps. Anyone else having this issue?
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• KingDawg1KingDawg1 Posts: 2
    My device is a Galaxy Fold 2, the game has been running fine on my device with little to no problems other Android devices have suffered from. Yet after the update my fps in mcoc now caps at 30, even though it was hitting 60 just fine yesterday. I also tested the game on my mother's Android device(Galaxy s20) with the same results being 30. Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue?
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,256 ★★★★★
    In the past it was running at half the device setting. If your phone was set at 60 Hz, you could only get 30 fps in game. 120 - > 60, etc.

Try setting it to 120 and you should get 60 in game.

BTW, does the Fold 2 have the expected good graphics enabled? Warp effect on Magneto heavy, blur on Ghost's win pose, etc.? The Fold 3 despite having the same chipset as the S21 series has the downgraded graphics and they look trash.
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    Has it always been able to do 60fps? I recall it was capped to 30fps.
  • OtakuGamer1080OtakuGamer1080 Posts: 14
    Daddrieda said:

I believe so it's always felt way smoother since I've been on my s20 but now it feels like playing it back on my old lg
  • PP96PP96 Posts: 44
    I'm having the same issue here. on an S20. game was playing super smooth as of yesterday, new update and it is super choppy. feels less than 30fps. unplayable.
  • OtakuGamer1080OtakuGamer1080 Posts: 14
    KingDawg1 said:

My device is a Galaxy Fold 2, the game has been running fine on my device with little to no problems other Android devices have suffered from. Yet after the update my fps in mcoc now caps at 30, even though it was hitting 60 just fine yesterday. I also tested the game on my mother's Android device(Galaxy s20) with the same results being 30. Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue?

Yep having that issue as well
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    It's always been 30 fps iirc.
  • KingDawg1KingDawg1 Posts: 2

In the past it was running at half the device setting. If your phone was set at 60 Hz, you could only get 30 fps in game. 120 - > 60, etc.

Try setting it to 120 and you should get 60 in game.

BTW, does the Fold 2 have the expected good graphics enabled? Warp effect on Magneto heavy, blur on Ghost's win pose, etc.? The Fold 3 despite having the same chipset as the S21 series has the downgraded graphics and they look trash.

My device is always set at 120. I tried both with no difference in fps. As for the graphic problems I have not had those visual bugs. If the graphics look bad and you use samsungs game plug-ins app to help with performance it can reduce the overall quality of the game so I would check to see if it has. The only visual bug I have noticed is with odins sp3 where he glitchs a bit.
  • Rush_CatRush_Cat Posts: 23
    edited August 2021
    Same here, S20+ at 120hz used to be super smooth. Now it locks at 30 FPS in menus and the input delay in fights is near unplayable for me. it used to run like this when I put my screen refresh rate to 60hz but now it forces it like this even at 120hz
  • Rush_CatRush_Cat Posts: 23
    PP96 said:

I'm having the same issue here. on an S20. game was playing super smooth as of yesterday, new update and it is super choppy. feels less than 30fps. unplayable.

yeah honestly does feel less than 30 fps
  • Legendary_NoobLegendary_Noob Posts: 59

No it hasn't. My game would run at 60 fps on my Galaxy S20 with 120 Hz enabled

Daddrieda said:

I believe so it's always felt way smoother since I've been on my s20 but now it feels like playing it back on my old lg
    I have the same phone and it's running terrible
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,256 ★★★★★

No it hasn't. My game would run at 60 fps on my Galaxy S20 with 120 Hz enabled
    Back when it would run at 120fps, it looked so good. If Apple gets around to releasing a 120Hz phone, they'll probably figure it out for them but cap Android phones regardless of specs and saddle them with garbage graphics.
  • I have merged this with @KingDawg1's thread to keep it all in one place.

If anyone suffering frame rate issues could provide as much info as possible on the issue, especially the device used. You can use the bug report template as a guide.

• CmaroCmaro Posts: 229 ★★
    I would like to ask if theres anyone else with same problem like me...i dowloaded last patch yesterday everything was alright in night i was fighting Aw boss and game started freezes so much from around 80 fps which i use to have to like 15fps permanrntly...i have try to reset my phone did all updated used Avast and CCcleaner ..dis also uninstal and instal whole game and nothing helps...eent my phone for 6 hours turned off now turned onm the game still freeze instantly just when i open the Mcoc...I have tried another games everything is alright...Please help me somehow or anyone from Kabam shout reply..my phone Samsung Galaxy s20 Fe 1 year old phone..
    Have the same problem Samsung s20 Fe been playing with 120Hz on display everything was fine tonight when i fight war boss fps drops fatal...not playable tried to reinstal game used CCcleaner Avast everything game plugin etc..nothing helps :( game is not playable for me now
    Thank you now i feel better ita not only my problem.with gane
  • DuncanPunchDuncanPunch Posts: 4
    Same problem; Samsung Note 20 Ultra running "Adaptive" (120hz) mode. Game used to run very smoothly for the most part until yesterday's update. Now I'm getting rough framedrop in fights and menu navigation is way choppier. I don't know if I can continue to play at this quality for much longer.
    I can't play right now...i am dissapointed as ****..wanted to push uncol on my second ftp account but cant play a ****...and no admin reply..dissapointed 😭😭
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pOpdi1YlS_w here is video BECAUSE my topic was deleted dunno why...cant play the game ..its stuck undrr 30 fps terrible after yesterday update..

Please fix it somehow or say something new Admins...whole day cant play no one reply...theres video screenshots and no one answer to it.
  • Todays war is playing out to be absolutely horrible thanks to these issues. Either fix these issues NOW or end war season as of yesterday's results.

I have merged this with @KingDawg1's thread to keep it all in one place.

If anyone suffering frame rate issues could provide as much info as possible on the issue, especially the device used. You can use the bug report template as a guide.

It seems to be mostly on the Galaxy S20. It used to run very smooth but for some reason it is very laggy and it doesn't fix with any restart done to the phone or app. I even tried changing the settings on my phone from 120 Hz to 60 Hz and it's still very laggy
    Will any admin reply? Why they here if they cant say anything...1 day cant even play and we know nothing what will with it..its amazing...****..
  • Emac1414Emac1414 Posts: 34
    Hello I just wanted to see if anyone else is having frame rate issues since the compensation? I've been trying two different devices a flip 3 and z fold 2 both frame rates are extremely low now around 30 or less and the game freezes every now and then during fights. Has anyone else experienced this?
  • PP96PP96 Posts: 44
    yes many of us on Samsung devices are experiencing this. theres a main thread on the issue.