**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Compensation is really nice .... If you are Thronebreaker

2»

Comments

• manveertherealmanveerthereal Posts: 1,359 ★★★
    I had the same problem so I just did abyss
  • TheMilkmanTheMilkman Posts: 16

Good, get me an Aegon and ill do it too :)
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

I did completion without Aegon, you can too. Post your roster we can suggest a team and help
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★

If you actually wanted to do it you'd have done research and found out Aegon isn't needed for completion.

Abyss has been around too long for us to keep pretending it's Aegon stopping you from getting the t5cc
  • ToastyToasty Posts: 155 ★★
    When I was a cav who used to be annoyed about the rng aspect. Then sop came around and was basically a free r3. You can’t really blame rng anymore

God, this whole topic is cancerious as ****.

Odd adjective, but the reason this thread hasn’t gone well for you is because you’re complaining. You’re not looking for a solution, you’re looking for validation. For everyone to agree with you and say yeah, Kabam does hate Cavs. When it’s simply not true.

TB has gotten easier to get with each passing month, and there is no 0 RNG involved in getting it. So you actually can’t complain that you haven’t got it yet, the only answer is that you haven’t done the content.

Kabam don’t hate Cavs, you right now have more opportunities to get TB than any single Thronebreaker when they did it. When I got TB there was no variant 6 or 7, or act 7. Plus it was a year and a half ago, so there’s 18 lots of 10% crystals from Cav EQ and 10% more from side quests.

We’re all here ready to help you if you ask for advice on getting TB, who should you bring for this quest? What should you do next? What’s a good abyss team? Post your roster, ask your questions. I’m 100% up for helping, I enjoy giving advice. But if you just complain, and say kabam hate Cavs, I’m afraid I have 0 sympathy for you.

DNA3000 said:

ChiliDog said:

DrZola said:

My sympathy for this line of argument is non-existent.

I have an ally mate and personal friend who has been grinding for units and farming pots like crazy to make his first GM run next month. He’s hit one or two quests a week in 6.3 and 6.4 over the last month plus. He got all 9 SoP points he could get (mainly by watching Buddy Lee use his iHulk and trying to replicate the fights).

His last ~15 T5 frag pulls have not been mutant, and he’s been less than 2% from a mutant T5 for more than two months.

His solution: keep at it. T5c frag from the relief package finally gave him mutant and he R3’d his Sunspot, leaving just the GM between him and TB.

Lucky at last? Sure—but lucky and putting himself in the right position.

Dr. Zola

People keep at it, but it is frustrating to know how much rng plays a part. I had good rng and got 4 out of 5 2% to hit mutant in the store this past month to get TB. I had GM and 7.1 GP both hit mutant and 3500 arena units for selector, so my rng was good. Others are past me in content and skill and are still waiting. They do keep working at it, but still can be disappointing.
    Luck holding you back would be if you needed Goldpool to enter Act 7. That's a luck based progress gate. But T5CC is not a luck based progress gate. It is at best a luck based speed bump. If you calibrate your expectations to what you can guarantee yourself through your own effort, then everything else is just good luck, not bad luck. The game can't take your effort away.
    I'd go one step further and say there is 0 RNG holding anyone back from Thronebreaker

If you get 6 25% crystals then at the very worst case, you will get 1 in each class, which is actually quite a low chance. So when you open your 7th crystal, it is guaranteed to take you to 50% of a class. After that, you can go and do act 7.1 and 2 exploration and you’ve got yourself TB. It's important not to do 7.1 and 2 exploration before you get 50% though, as you won't be able to select it afterwards.

So the places you can get these 7 t5cc 25% crystals are
    Variant 5
    Variant 6
    Variant 7
    Act 6 completion
    Act 7.1 completion
    Act 7.2 completion
    Act 6.1 exploration

This is ignoring if you get extra t5cc to get you to 50% from Cav EQ, SQ, AW, AQ etc. Once you’ve done that content, go and explore 7.1 and 2, and you’ve got yourself a 0 luck, fast track TB title. And hey, if on the second or 3rd crystal, you double up on a class, go for 7.1 and 2 even earlier. Easy peasy.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

ChiliDog said:

DrZola said:

I have an ally mate and personal friend who has been grinding for units and farming pots like crazy to make his first GM run next month. He’s hit one or two quests a week in 6.3 and 6.4 over the last month plus. He got all 9 SoP points he could get (mainly by watching Buddy Lee use his iHulk and trying to replicate the fights).

His last ~15 T5 frag pulls have not been mutant, and he’s been less than 2% from a mutant T5 for more than two months.

His solution: keep at it. T5c frag from the relief package finally gave him mutant and he R3’d his Sunspot, leaving just the GM between him and TB.

Dr. Zola

People keep at it, but it is frustrating to know how much rng plays a part. I had good rng and got 4 out of 5 2% to hit mutant in the store this past month to get TB. I had GM and 7.1 GP both hit mutant and 3500 arena units for selector, so my rng was good. Others are past me in content and skill and are still waiting. They do keep working at it, but still can be disappointing.
    Luck holding you back would be if you needed Goldpool to enter Act 7. That's a luck based progress gate. But T5CC is not a luck based progress gate. It is at best a luck based speed bump. If you calibrate your expectations to what you can guarantee yourself through your own effort, then everything else is just good luck, not bad luck. The game can't take your effort away.
    I'd go one step further and say there is 0 RNG holding anyone back from Thronebreaker

If you get 6 25% crystals then at the very worst case, you will get 1 in each class, which is actually quite a low chance. So when you open your 7th crystal, it is guaranteed to take you to 50% of a class. After that, you can go and do act 7.1 and 2 exploration and you’ve got yourself TB. It's important not to do 7.1 and 2 exploration before you get 50% though, as you won't be able to select it afterwards.

Variant 5
    Variant 6
    Variant 7
    Act 6 completion
    Act 7.1 completion
    Act 7.2 completion
    Act 6.1 exploration

This is ignoring if you get extra t5cc to get you to 50% from Cav EQ, SQ, AW, AQ etc. Once you’ve done that content, go and explore 7.1 and 2, and you’ve got yourself a 0 luck, fast track TB title. And hey, if on the second or 3rd crystal, you double up on a class, go for 7.1 and 2 even earlier. Easy peasy.
    The phrase "holding back" is loaded, but I would say there's two primary sources of randomness when it comes to Thronebreaker: forming a T5CC catalyst and pulling reasonable 6* rank up options. You could rank up literally anyone, but I think there is some wiggle room there to say that some champs players shouldn't expect to need to rank up.

Time has a funny impact here. The more skilled you are, the more likely it is you will be able to clear content quickly and early - early in your overall game progress. You're going to be able to advance to Cavalier, you're going to be able to get that first clear of Act 6, you're going to be able to snatch those Variant rewards. This will place you farther ahead on the T5CC front. But it is a lot harder to "skillfully acquire" champions. Champion acquisition is mostly a function of grind time (or spending). The quicker you snag those T5CC fragments, the more likely it is your 6* roster will not have reasonable rank up options.

So someone with lower skill will likely accumulate a lot of 6* champs before they get enough T5CC to rank one up: they will have lots of options, before the T5CC catalyst, and will then be holding out for a lucky T5CC pull. A high skill player will likely accumulate T5CC at a much faster pace, and more likely to form one or two while still waiting for a good 6* rank up champ. A balanced player is less likely to be waiting on one much longer than the other, and less likely to experience a "luck gap."

Players on opposite ends of the skill/grind curve are more likely to be waiting on one far longer than the other, which would make them think they were being "held back" - and the thing holding them back would be random chance. I agree, I would not characterize it in this way, but I think there is this thing that happens that I would describe less as being held back by luck, and more as being held back by being an unbalanced player.
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★

DNA3000 said:

ChiliDog said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Variant 5
    Variant 6
    Variant 7
    Act 6 completion
    Act 7.1 completion
    Act 7.2 completion
    Act 6.1 exploration

Honestly funny how this isn't even the only way to guarantee TB with 0 RNG

If your roster isn't large enough to explore the variants you can grind arena for units before clearing content and pick up the 7.1 & 2 completion offers.
    if you're going to spend more trying to unit your way through variants it's better to pick up the 15%/20% selector + the revives and potions and use that for 7.1 & 2 exploration instead.

25% selector from act 6 completion
    15% selector from 7.1 completion offer
    25% selector from 7.1 exploration
    20% selector from 7.2 completion offer
    25% selector from 7.2 exploration

And this doesn't account for the 4*25% crystals you'd also get.
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★

Are you sure?