What places does Guardian shine?

Poseidon1000Poseidon1000 Member Posts: 35
edited August 2021 in Strategy and Tips
I pulled him as a 6* from compensation and was very happy but I already have a 5* warlock and guilly2099. I’ve already completed V3 but is he any good for helping explore it as well? Thanks
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• odishika123odishika123 Member Posts: 5,408 ★★★★★
    He shines everywhere

To me he is the perfect example of utility and damage
    His awakened ability grants massive energy resistance, block proficiency and 80% bleed resistance making him a very good option for fights with high attack values
    His rotation is pretty simple
    For short fights (100-150 hp)
    Sp1 sp2 is the way to go
    For bigger Health pool's (200k and above)
    A couple of sp3 and a sp2 will get the job done unless they are shock immune.
    Even unawakened he has very solid utility
    With 5 force field charges you have 75% chance to auto block every special as long as you have an armor up buff
    Against mutants with 2 or more charges he can block unblockable specials
    He doesn't crit so he counter's Mr sinister
    Instead he deals a burst of shock damage equal your critical damage rating
    Parry incoming specials has to 100% chance to grant a perfect block passive making it possible to take no damage from specials
    His sp1 gives taunt and 3 force field charges(last 22 second's
    His sp3 grants 6 indefinite FFC
    His main damage comes from sp2 the more force field charges the more damage it deals and if it should 'crit' you'll see a lot of big red numbers
    On his light attack he consumes 2 FFC to power drain his opponent (it triggers through block)s this makes him a prime candidate for all or nothing nodes

Trust me bro rank him up you won't regret it
    He also has synergy that gives everyone on the team 1k block proficiency this helps champs like cull obsidian that relies on a parry heavy playstyle
    edited August 2021
    It came back
    edited August 2021
  • LpooLpoo Member Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    I was excited to get and dupe mine awhile back, but I had the same question as you regarding his usability.

Between being suicide friendly and soloing SOP Emma, he’s proven time and time again and that he deserves a spot on your team almost always.
  • Poseidon1000Poseidon1000 Member Posts: 35
    Thanks guys, sadly I probably won’t be able to dupe or awaken him for some time (he’s my 6th 6*) but after playing around and learning from all these things In going to hopefully find a lot of use in him, thanks again
  • Will3808Will3808 Member Posts: 3,737 ★★★★★
    To answer your specific question about v3, yes, he’s very good for some first in v3 exploration. Other than ghost, he’s the person I used the most while exploring. He’s really good for the last kang boss.
  • StarheckStarheck Member Posts: 25
    Hes good.
    Tried r1 undupe 6* in rol with powergain synergy & feels like took forever to build his damage.

Great in paper, but in actual fight hes a benchwarmer, for me.
  • te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Member Posts: 1,001 ★★★★
    Others have already said a lot of good things about him, so i'll just leave here a quck note: he can kill 6.4.5 Hydra Adaptoid in 30 hits, probably even less if you're lucky with your crits ^_^
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Member Posts: 1,778 ★★★★
    edited September 2021
    Starheck said:

Hes good.
    Tried r1 undupe 6* in rol with powergain synergy & feels like took forever to build his damage.

Great in paper, but in actual fight hes a benchwarmer, for me.

That's true, it does take awhile to ramp him. Doing SP1, SP2 is the quickest.

I used him on SOP Ghost and he did well. He did the fight in under 3 mins & 120 hits.

https://youtu.be/X6JtizBZgcY
  • StarheckStarheck Member Posts: 25
    To answer the question, where guardian shine, IMO :
    A fight that you dont want to crit, guil99 work better tho.
    You need to control enemy powerbar, again guil99 or some hero better
    Fight that require any buff or armor, sadly much heroes can do better.
    Need to tank enemy special : its nice, but have no idea why we want to do that.
    Devastating special .. well okay, & would be too op if he has easy access to powergain buff

And max sig guardian, his tankines is no joke.

• Lyricstarfish_49Lyricstarfish_49 Member Posts: 19

He also has synergy that gives everyone on the team 1k block proficiency this helps champs like cull obsidian that relies on a parry heavy playstyle

I think its also worth mentioning that his "Crits" add up to higher than average damage compared to most critical hits, with my rank 2 six star doing roughly 4.5 k mediums consistently. Against mutants it goes up to 6K damage on mediums.
    This is without suicide masteries as well.
  • SaquongoatSaquongoat Member Posts: 133 ★★

I have a whole write up, but seeing as he’s unawakened this will be more helpful to you
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Member Posts: 1,778 ★★★★
    Starheck said:

Need to tank enemy special : its nice, but have no idea why we want to do that.

Not all champs you can easily dex their SP. So when you do this, he takes 0 damage and gains power as well.

Found this nice video on YT.

https://youtu.be/EYFYg-SUHtI
  • Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Member Posts: 3,549 ★★★★★
    Never underestimate this bad boy, no way can he be outdamaged,no way will he be forgotten anywhere. Best Champ confirmed
  • altavistaaltavista Member Posts: 1,401 ★★★★

I have a whole write up, but seeing as he’s unawakened this will be more helpful to you

Nice! With the way Kabam's forum search function makes it hard to find things, I missed your original post.

This is the information I always wanted about Guardian (knowing how many charges I'd need to end a fight with one SP2).

I was tracking it less formally on some of my exploration runs, and had my 5R5 Guardian using 35+ charges to KO 6.3.1 Blackbolt and timing lifecycle, 40+ charges to KO 6.3.4 IMIW, 16 charges for Hood 6.4.5.
  • CorkscrewCorkscrew Member Posts: 539 ★★★
    If you're ever inclined to tackle variant 1 (Mystic/Tech chapter), he's probably the only champ that can solo the energized Magik's and Electro. Limbo usually kills anyone else off (other than another Magik) in a few limbo activations.

But.... he needs to be very high sig for that.