**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

So I tested Miles buff!!

2»

Comments

• Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    Ercarret said:

Why are people so focused on "new animations"? I haven't tested him out yet so I don't have any opinion regarding how he plays, but his new VFX looks sick and I've always liked his SP2 animation so what is there to be disappointed by? From a purely visual standpoint, I'm loving the buff.

We'll see what I think about his kit when I've had the chance to play with him some. The problem is that I don't have him awakened and don't have the stones to sig him up when I do get him awakened, so I'm kind of lukewarm to the idea of testing him at the moment. I wouldn't be able to get a full picture anyway.

I have him at sig 60 ...he does gains benefits from high sig though . People actually don't know the difference between VFX and animations lol
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    Might get canned for this (or some tin similar), but I think his animations are fine as-is. Tweaking a shader can take a while, but it means they have a new effects to draw on in the future; cool beans.

As for his buff: Unblockable special counter. That's basical!y his reason for existing, and it's a good one tbh. One worth t5b imo -- if True Focus wasn't the new trend. If every worthwhile boss has TF, then this ability is useless.

My main critique would be how much of his damage is locked behind his sig level.

I also don't think the effort quite matches the payoff. I think KT1 said it best when he likened Starky to a wind-up toy. Sure it's great when they get running, but having to wind them up every fight kinda sucks the fun out of things. Especially when we have toys that do the same thing, but run on batteries.
  • Valentinos13Valentinos13 Posts: 400 ★★★

Might get canned for this (or some tin similar), but I think his animations are fine as-is. Tweaking a shader can take a while, but it means they have a new effects to draw on in the future; cool beans.

As for his buff: Unblockable special counter. That's basical!y his reason for existing, and it's a good one tbh. One worth t5b imo -- if True Focus wasn't the new trend. If every worthwhile boss has TF, then this ability is useless.

My main critique would be how much of his damage is locked behind his sig level.

I also don't think the effort quite matches the payoff. I think KT1 said it best when he likened Starky to a wind-up toy. Sure it's great when they get running, but having to wind them up every fight kinda sucks the fun out of things. Especially when we have toys that do the same thing, but run on batteries.

For what it worth ramping him up doesn't take long and it's noticeable.. Time wise at least.

Difference from my normal playstyle is a couple more intercepts and maybe the order which I do parry or do starkly like dexes, so I get the furies up at the same time if possible
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    I like that it requires more engagement
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,063 ★★★★★

Didn’t even care if he was good or not. Was hoping for some new animations tbh and that woulda been enough for me to r3 him personally. Major disappointment for me after all these months of waiting. Guess I’ll just go wasp

Unfortunately Kabam never said he was getting new animations
    Oh yeah i know. Was just hoping for it. His playstyle currently is not for me. Was looking forward to this buff but I personally don’t like it. Good for evading unblockable specials like spider gwen, but I’d rather her than him.
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,063 ★★★★★
    Ercarret said:

Why are people so focused on "new animations"? I haven't tested him out yet so I don't have any opinion regarding how he plays, but his new VFX looks sick and I've always liked his SP2 animation so what is there to be disappointed by? From a purely visual standpoint, I'm loving the buff.

We'll see what I think about his kit when I've had the chance to play with him some. The problem is that I don't have him awakened and don't have the stones to sig him up when I do get him awakened, so I'm kind of lukewarm to the idea of testing him at the moment. I wouldn't be able to get a full picture anyway.

For me it’s just his basic combos. Very common with most spider men.
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    I have a question for the Spider Camo

I went up against SOP Darkhawk to test Miles and when he has spider Camo he gets hit by Darkhawk’s SP1

Spider Camo: 35% to cause attacks to miss. Chance triples vs unblockable. 35x3 = 105%

Darkhawk: all special attacks are unblockable

Miles in Spider Camo mode while DH fires off an SP1 and gets hit every time (I’m testing miss mechanic).

Am I missing something? Shouldn’t Miles cause every hit to miss?
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

I went up against SOP Darkhawk to test Miles and when he has spider Camo he gets hit by Darkhawk’s SP1

Spider Camo: 35% to cause attacks to miss. Chance triples vs unblockable. 35x3 = 105%

Miles in Spider Camo mode while DH fires off an SP1 and gets hit every time (I’m testing miss mechanic).

It’s almost definitely bugged

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/278958/miles-not-missing-unblockable-attacks#latest

Here’s a thread with Kabam asking for examples

It’s almost definitely bugged

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/278958/miles-not-missing-unblockable-attacks#latest

Here’s a thread with Kabam asking for examples
    Thank you, friend.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,079 ★★★★★
    Keniutek said:

What a letdown. His buff was postponed for months... "because he deserved to be done right", ROTFL
    Im afraid to think, how would he look, if it was just a "regular buff" :D
    Im not saying we need another Magneto every 5 - 6 buffs but come on now. Miles is loved by many, so he moves from a permanent bench warmer to a... 99.9% of the time bench warmer. Awesome :/

Well it's a good thing you feel that way because Kabam has already gone on record saying there will not be another Magneto level buff again if possible.

Keniutek said:

What a letdown. His buff was postponed for months... "because he deserved to be done right", ROTFL
    Im afraid to think, how would he look, if it was just a "regular buff" :D
    Im not saying we need another Magneto every 5 - 6 buffs but come on now. Miles is loved by many, so he moves from a permanent bench warmer to a... 99.9% of the time bench warmer. Awesome :/

Well it's a good thing you feel that way because Kabam has already gone on record saying there will not be another Magneto level buff again if possible.
    Magneto didn’t break the game

They won’t buff beloved champions and make them fun and viable - champions that we all want to play?

🙄
  • GuytennisGuytennis Posts: 420 ★★★
    If a new player landed miles pre buff they’d be screwed. He was terrible. If a new player lands him now they’re still screwed. He’s useless with poor damage. If they get him to sig 200 he’s useless with decent damage. Overall there are MUCH better science champs who most of us already have. It’ll be ok.
  • ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 882 ★★★
    Act 7 you need to land specials to heal, or even do damage on some paths. I should have finished the 7.2.2 path prior to the buff. I wasn't prepared for his updated version and paid for it.
  • What if Kabam delayed Miles buff, not to make him better, but to put it after the hood buff like they originally planned 🤔
  • Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    Pikolu said:

What if Kabam delayed Miles buff, not to make him better, but to put it after the hood buff like they originally planned 🤔

Still sucks.