**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

If you are aiming for kitty and Nimrods featured crystal I have some news for you...

odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,370 ★★★★★

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★

This is clear proof of why the current system of obtaining new champs sucks.

Boy can I not wait 230 days until Kitty is in the basic pool. Doesn’t that seem like an amazing system

That’s about 7 and a half months. So we’re gonna have 7 lots of champions join the contest between now and then. That’s 14 new champions before most people will start pulling the champion that will join in a weeks time.

To put that in perspective, do you wanna know which champs were released 14 champs ago? Stryfe and Jubilee, doesn’t that feel like a long time ago.

they should just make it like all the other crystals where champs can be in their featured crystal and in the basic pool at the same time
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,897 ★★★★★
    Chikel said:

ChriissR said:

Chikel said:

Good thing I'm going for her Cavs.
    Btw, where did you see this?

Twitter but just doing the math and it's true. Makes no sense waiting half a year for 2 new champs in the basic.
    I meant, who posted it on Twitter? Cropping out the name makes it hard to tell if it's a legit info or not
    Frontline MCOC posted it
  • NewlinstheoryNewlinstheory Posts: 1,012 ★★★★
    Did anyone think they would be in the next featured? Figured we all knew the line up after peni/spidy 2099 were haha

Maybe cuz people forgot about overseer and purgatory? lol

regardless im holding my 6* shards for that crystal in Jan, would probably have 20+ tries when they come out
  • TheHeroDeservedTheHeroDeserved Posts: 733 ★★★
    You can follow the featured 5* and 6* crystal tracker on https://frontlinemcoc.home.blog/2019/10/10/5-and-6-featured-crystal-tracker/ and when i.e. 6* Peni Parker enters the basic pool https://frontlinemcoc.home.blog/entering-the-basic-pool/ (11th of January 2022).
  • Count_WillisCount_Willis Posts: 121 ★★
    Honestly if you start hoarding 6* shards now you might be able to go for 10ish featured 6* in Jan. It takes a long time. I started saving for Herc after the 4th and probably going to end around 120k shards to take a shot at that featured.

Now im out here hoping i get him in the first try so i can go for Nimrods(Maybe Anti Venom?!?)
  • No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★
    edited September 2021

ItsDamien said:

Raganator said:

Boy can I not wait 230 days until Kitty is in the basic pool. Doesn’t that seem like an amazing system

That’s about 7 and a half months. So we’re gonna have 7 lots of champions join the contest between now and then. That’s 14 new champions before most people will start pulling the champion that will join in a weeks time.

To put that in perspective, do you wanna know which champs were released 14 champs ago? Stryfe and Jubilee, doesn’t that feel like a long time ago.

All of this. This system is, in part, why this game is becoming worse as time goes on. Spend money or grind against bots to get a 6*, or wait more than half a year for a 1 in 200 chance at getting them from a basic crystal. Terrible system. I miss the old featured crystals that at least gave a decent chance to target a champ, even if the cost was high. Even if they release 6* dual class crystals, the pools are so large that targeting two classes don't provide significantly better odds.
    I doubt they'll revamp the system (or even revert it to be similar to how it was), but I really do hope that at some point they have a look at new champ acquisition especially for new 6* and if nothing else at least CONSIDER doing something.
    It’s funny, I made a post on this a few weeks ago, and it got 14:8 disagrees to agrees. And now when it’s put into perspective how long you have to wait for the next hyped champ, it really just feels bad.

It’s hard to feel much excitement for a new champ when you have no chance to get them until April 2022, and by that point a chance of 1 in 200+ Per Crystal.
    "no chance to get them" mate they come into the featured crystals in January you can get them then. You have an incredibly higher chance even from those than you will in the basic pool...

Featured crystals aren't real money or progression title gated, you'll be allowed to buy them too
  • ChitlinsChitlins Posts: 164 ★★
    This is exactly why I never get hyped for new champs. Unless you want to spend money or spend tons of hours in arena there is essentially no chance of even being able to play the new champs. At least for a long while.

Even the 6* featured are usually not worth it once they come out. They should go back to the old featured crystals.
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★

ItsDamien said:

Raganator said:

All of this. This system is, in part, why this game is becoming worse as time goes on. Spend money or grind against bots to get a 6*, or wait more than half a year for a 1 in 200 chance at getting them from a basic crystal. Terrible system. I miss the old featured crystals that at least gave a decent chance to target a champ, even if the cost was high. Even if they release 6* dual class crystals, the pools are so large that targeting two classes don't provide significantly better odds.
    I doubt they'll revamp the system (or even revert it to be similar to how it was), but I really do hope that at some point they have a look at new champ acquisition especially for new 6* and if nothing else at least CONSIDER doing something.
    It’s funny, I made a post on this a few weeks ago, and it got 14:8 disagrees to agrees. And now when it’s put into perspective how long you have to wait for the next hyped champ, it really just feels bad.

It’s hard to feel much excitement for a new champ when you have no chance to get them until April 2022, and by that point a chance of 1 in 200+ Per Crystal.
    I guess it's no chance till April 2022 if you ignore featured crystals. The whole point of the crystal to me is an easier way to target new champs before they get inserted into the void we call basic pool and at a much earlier date.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    I would agree that looking at Featured distribution could use a revisit. I don't necessarily agree that going back to the old Crystal is the solution, but looking at the timeline, it seems quite extended at this point.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    No_oneuk said:

ItsDamien said:

Raganator said:

"no chance to get them" mate they come into the featured crystals in January you can get them then. You have an incredibly higher chance even from those than you will in the basic pool...

Featured crystals aren't real money or progression title gated, you'll be allowed to buy them too
    You’re right, in my mind I wrote “without going for the featured”. Just didn’t put it in the post.

My thought process is that instead of waiting until January for the featured, and waiting for April for the basic, it should be waiting until November for the featured, and waiting for January for the basic.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    @SwarmOfRavens yeah it’s too late to edit my post, but I’ve corrected myself above 👍🏻
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 743 ★★★★
    Everyone has equal chance.. through buying feature crystal on release. Granted the more you spend the higher the chance, but everyone can buy them.

Plenty of time to do arena, get units and buy a few crystals.. you get lucky and sorted.

The game has to put a premium on things otherwise no one would spend anything.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    The only solution I can come up with on the fly as a compromise, would be to reducing the amount of featured champs down from 6 to 4, but also reducing the time between the featured crystals. The upside would be a faster turn around on the newer champs the downside being that there would be 2 more older champs in the pool. I'm not sure how much quicker this would mean new champs are available (my brain is not in math mode right now and can't calculate how many days fewer it would be by changing to a 4 featured champ system instead of 6) but if anyone would be inclined to do some napkin math to see if this idea could help allievate the long wait, I'd be glad to be proven right or wrong.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★

I would agree that looking at Featured distribution could use a revisit. I don't necessarily agree that going back to the old Crystal is the solution, but looking at the timeline, it seems quite extended at this point.

Damn you know it’s probably worth a look at if me and @GroundedWisdom agree
    At the time the change was made, it was logical. At this point in the availability, it's worth reconsidering. Seems like a long time to target newer Champs.
  • Chikel said:

ChriissR said:

Chikel said:

Good thing I'm going for her Cavs.
    Btw, where did you see this?

Twitter but just doing the math and it's true. Makes no sense waiting half a year for 2 new champs in the basic.
    I meant, who posted it on Twitter? Cropping out the name makes it hard to tell if it's a legit info or not
    I mean to be fair, this isn’t like a data mined fact. It’s just counting the champs, and knowing the dates.

Purgatory, Herc, overseer, Chavez, s2099, Peni are all in the next one.

So Kitty and nimrod will be in the one after. When does that start? 11th of Jan next year. When does that end? 98 days later. 19th of April or something
    Yes Every 1,2 Champs Take Same time in Featured
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    Ebony_Naw said:

ItsDamien said:

Raganator said:

I guess it's no chance till April 2022 if you ignore featured crystals. The whole point of the crystal to me is an easier way to target new champs before they get inserted into the void we call basic pool and at a much earlier date.
    If you want to limit yourself from getting other champs, sure this is an option. But happens to people still missing other great champs? The current featured pool is diluted with some awful and mediocre options, which many would understandably not be willing to pay an extra 50% for. The featured is a great option for those with deeper rosters. I’m not sure the odds are actually better for those who don’t. So I guess the question is if we leave those guys out of the hype.
    It depends on how much you value the new champs. I've got plenty of champs I'm missing and I'd hardly call my 6 star roster deep but I can still find worth in some featured crystals.
    Current one doesn't add much to my account and I value the next featured champs more so that's what I'll use shards for instead.

In the event none of the featured champs interest me/ I get them early then I'll get basics instead. No reason to exclusively get either imo, better to find a balance.
    And while featured pool does get some mediocre champs for 15k shards it's probably by far the highest chance to target a specific champ.

Basic pool also has a lot of awful/mediocre champs, there's a chance you'll get more champs likely to be buffed since it costs less shards but nowadays champs that get buff end up in the featured anyways.
    I'm all for them introducing easier ways for new champ acquisition though, wouldn't say no to more chances
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

The only solution I can come up with on the fly as a compromise, would be to reducing the amount of featured champs down from 6 to 4, but also reducing the time between the featured crystals. The upside would be a faster turn around on the newer champs the downside being that there would be 2 more older champs in the pool. I'm not sure how much quicker this would mean new champs are available (my brain is not in math mode right now and can't calculate how many days fewer it would be by changing to a 4 featured champ system instead of 6) but if anyone would be inclined to do some napkin math to see if this idea could help allievate the long wait, I'd be glad to be proven right or wrong.

So doing some VERY napkin and non scientific math.

98 days per featured with 6 new champs per feature. It equates to about 16.333 recurring days per new champ.

Now if we lowered the amount of new champs to 4 per featured and reduced the amount of days by 32 (33 if we were to round up but I feel like 32 is a better number), we could have a new featured every 66 days. This in terms of time allows for 4 new champs to come out within that time frame, so there "shouldn't" be a situation where we ever have a time where there wouldn't be 4 new champs. However the only foreseeable problem is that with the extra 4 - 6 days per 2 new months we would eventually run into a similar situation of 2 new champs being delayed into the next featured, similar to Herc and Chavez and this current featured where they had released but there were already 6 new champs due to come out already.

I'm not sure if having 4 champs on a 66 day rotation opposed to 6 champs on a 98 day rotation is better or not, but it would mean a faster turn around on newer champs generally.