**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Time for a CQC Challenge with Shang-Chi!

Comments

• WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★

Seraphion said:

Ghost was my easy R4 choice a few months ago.

I guess I shouldn't do that anymore.
    True focus global node in 7.3 and next V too?

Really lame kabam...

It's absolutely not worth investing in Ghost past r3 anymore. P2099 would be a better tech r4 than her now.
    What do you have against P2099? He's quite good these days.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,235 ★★★★★

A bit drastic to say just because of one Node.

Not when it’s being put in all the content it would be useful to have an R4
    All the content. Boss Island, and a couple of the hardest content pieces released, and suddenly it's all the content.
    All the content it would be most useful to have a rank 4, as in the hardest part in Aw, SoP the hardest content released in 2 years, and a champion challenge probably harder than most things we’ve seen before.

There’s a pattern. You don’t need a rank 4 for Act 7, Cav EQ or AQ do you?
    I was in the Beta. I'm not that worried about Act 7.
    Are they going to use it? Absolutely, from time to time. It's a Node at their disposal when creating content.
    It's not going to take over the game. Just like anything else in the game, you need a variety of options. Sometimes you'll be able to rely on them, other times you'll need other options. There is no such thing as a Roster to rest on in this game. Breadth of Roster is more important than the "God Tier Champs" because no Champ does EVERYTHING.

Not when you consider that this node is more likely than not going to show up in a significant portion of endgame content, especially since Kabam said that the purpose of this node is to counter Quake and Ghost.
    Werewrym said:

Seraphion said:

Really lame kabam...

It's absolutely not worth investing in Ghost past r3 anymore. P2099 would be a better tech r4 than her now.
    Nothing, that was a genuine statement. I have had mine at 6r3 ever since his buff and use him more often than I use Ghost nowadays.
    We don't need to hear that statement over and over. It's not even exact.
    Will it show up? Most likely. All the time? Not necessarily, no. It's a new Node, so it's going to be used, especially at the moment. When that isn't a challenge anymore, it will be something else. Change is the only constant in this game.
  • Arbrowe91Arbrowe91 Posts: 33
    Lol I like how all the quavers n ghosters are having a sook cause kabam took the easy way out

Not when you consider that this node is more likely than not going to show up in a significant portion of endgame content, especially since Kabam said that the purpose of this node is to counter Quake and Ghost.
    Werewrym said:

Seraphion said:

Really lame kabam...

Nothing, that was a genuine statement. I have had mine at 6r3 ever since his buff and use him more often than I use Ghost nowadays.
    Will it show up? Most likely. All the time? Not necessarily, no. It's a new Node, so it's going to be used, especially at the moment. When that isn't a challenge anymore, it will be something else. Change is the only constant in this game.
    Not really sure how that's relevant to anything I said, but okay.
    The statement that they created the Node to deal with Quake and Ghost explicitly is not accurate. That was never stated in those words.
    As for the rest of my comment, it applies when you're saying it's always going to be in content. That's an exaggeration.
    It's the newest challenge. It won't be in everything.

Werewrym said:

Seraphion said:

Really lame kabam...

The statement that they created the Node to deal with Quake and Ghost explicitly is not accurate. That was never stated in those words.
    As for the rest of my comment, it applies when you're saying it's always going to be in content. That's an exaggeration.
    Do you agree that it’s been all end game challenging content since gauntlet?
    Majority, sure. Is it going to be like that indefinitely? No. Saying Ghost isn't worth Ranking is drastic.
    It's not althroughout War for that matter. Boss Island. Which means people can still use them. Just have Boss Killers that use other Champs.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,974 ★★★★★

I just got done doing the second chapter with all 5/65s: Aegon, Wolvie, Apoc, Guardian, and Fury. It took a total of 22 single revives and 4 team revives to power through it with Aegon. I had a great bit of fun doing this. It's worth noting that it's absolutely possible to do this much cheaper, but I'm not concerned about using revives because there's nothing else for me to use them on right now.

@StevieManWonder did you only use Aegon?
    Rillian said:

I believe that grounded wisdom thinks that kabam purchases new nodes from a 3rd party node supplier, and as such need to get full value for their money by using them as much as possible.

As far as I know, they design nodes in house. Each node is bespoke, and designed with a specific purpose in mind. And so that means they intend to fully or partially hamstring all evade champs in the overwhelming majority of new and upcoming content.

If this is true, then why? And how should that affect our future rank up decisions?

I'm sorry. Is the concept of Nodes being limiting new? Are we playing the same game? With the exception of some new recent additions (relatively new over time), they've always limited the effectiveness of what you're playing with. The one argument that people had was that some were too narrow and limiting. That's definitely not the case here.
    How should it affect your choices? It shouldn't. I don't tell people what to Rank and why, but I will say I Rank as much of a range as possible, different Classes, different capabilities, never with the premise that the Ranking decision will work for everything, and never with the idea that the one choice will have to last me the duration of my career. It's all about options. As many as possible. Not just one cure-all.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

I just got done doing the second chapter with all 5/65s: Aegon, Wolvie, Apoc, Guardian, and Fury. It took a total of 22 single revives and 4 team revives to power through it with Aegon. I had a great bit of fun doing this. It's worth noting that it's absolutely possible to do this much cheaper, but I'm not concerned about using revives because there's nothing else for me to use them on right now.

@StevieManWonder did you only use Aegon?
    Mostly. I used Fury and Wolvie a fair bit too, Fury mostly for Negs. Both Fury and Wolvie do good because of their bleed damage.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

Werewrym said:

Seraphion said:

Really lame kabam...

When they released the node, they said it was because “two champs have dominated the meta”. It doesn’t take a genius to figure out who they meant.
    I didn’t say it would always be in new content. I said it was more likely than not to show up which is reasonable.
    Think about 7.2. I did a legends run for that and I used Ghost for about 97% of the fights. No champion should be able to do that many fights of a chapter. The only way to effectively prevent Ghost from dominating is to have the node be more present.
  • GhostGeoGhostGeo Posts: 19
    Can a 5* R4 Corvus do it on his own?

Werewrym said:

Seraphion said:

Really lame kabam...

When they released the node, they said it was because “two champs have dominated the meta”. It doesn’t take a genius to figure out who they meant.
    I didn’t say it would always be in new content. I said it was more likely than not to show up which is reasonable.
    Think about 7.2. I did a legends run for that and I used Ghost for about 97% of the fights. No champion should be able to do that many fights of a chapter. The only way to effectively prevent Ghost from dominating is to have the node be more present.
    They said that when they added it to War. They released it before that.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,243 ★★★★★

Absolutely garbage chapter 2 I know its meant to be difficult but what the hell. Seriously way to go kabam your game is turning into trash. The nodes are pathetic you can't retreat or you degen you can't parry or you loose most your health you can't throw sp2 unless it's timed perfectly or you loose health. Come the hell on. Week 10 of summer of pain was easier than this trash and look at the rewards just trash

These quests are not meant to be easy. They are not for the faint of heart or those with backbones comparable to chocolate eclairs.

Faint of heart or chocolate eclair backbone, sir?
  • You know, these are some pretty kick ass rewards. Even if you can't finish chapter 2, the reward to difficulty ratio in chapter 1 is just that good. The units alone! 270?? Stop complaining. Stop. Stop it.
  • As a master of the Martial Arts, Shang-Chi has taken notice of your skills, Summoner. He’s determined that the best course of action would be to test you against his team of skilled close quarters combatants!

Summoners who remember our recent Champion Challenges will be familiar with the format of this event. But if you’re new, buckle up. These quests are not meant to be easy. They are not for the faint of heart or those with backbones comparable to chocolate eclairs. They consist of 2 chapters.

The first will have 4 Quests, each containing 6 paths of 5 fights each connected by portals, allowing you to hop to the boss at the end of any path. The second only contains 1 quest, but it’s a harrowing gauntlet battle where you must face all of the fights in a row with no chance to tap out. While 30 fights back-to-back would be quite a challenge, everyone knows that training is less about quantity, and more about quality, which is why the final fight will instead have 15 fights on the paths, but with higher stats!

Who’s on Shang-Chi’s team?

He’s assembled a team of fighters who excel at hand-to-hand combat, with the occasional weapon thrown into the mix. We’ve got She-Hulk, Sunspot, Hit-Monkey, Mister Negative, Tigra, and of course, the master himself, Shang-Chi as the final boss on each map. And don’t think that you’ll be able to just stay far away from them, Shang-Chi chose a place that will ensure you’re staying in their face as much as they are in yours.

What are the rewards?

You get some stuff for quest completion, but let’s talk about the juicy rewards you came here to read about.

For Completing Chapter 1, you will earn:
    4x T4CC Crystal
    4x T4 Basic Catalyst
    6x T1A Catalyst
    20x 5-Star Signature Stone Crystals

For Exploration of Chapter 1, you will earn:
    1x 5-Star Hero Crystal
    20x 5-Star Signature Stone Crystals
    2x T2A Catalyst
    22,500x T5 Basic Shards

For Act Completion (Chapter 1 and 2), you will earn:
    1x 5-Star Nexus Crystal
    1x T5B Catalyst
    3x T2A Catalysts
    1,000,000x Gold

For Act Exploration (Chapter 1 and 2), you will earn:
    15,000x 6-Star Crystal Shards
    1x 10% T5CC Fragment Crystal
    1x 10% T5CC Selector

When does this start?

NOW! Shang-Chi’s Close Quarters Challenge started at 10 am PDT on September 1st, and will conclude on October 6th at 10 am PDT! Go now!

Currently enjoying my "Marauder" newly achieved title :)
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

Werewrym said:

Seraphion said:

Really lame kabam...

When they released the node, they said it was because “two champs have dominated the meta”.
    Where did they say that? I don’t see them saying anything when the node was introduced. The only time they’ve addressed the nodes use was in a specific piece of content, aw boss island, which was some time after it first appeared. There, aw boss island, it is used to counter some specific champions but in general it’s used to counter evade and miss, saying it’s intent is ubiquitously or solely for ghost and quake is a mighty assumption.

Carry on.