**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Shang Chi challenge - pass for thronebreakers?

MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,073 ★★★★
edited July 2022 in General Discussion
Had a look at the last level today, having used my rank 1 6* bishop to clear the earlier 4 levels.

And I'm thinking of not bothering.

Some context.

I'm thronebreaker and I have 3 3/45 6*s and 4 t5cc unused (yes, whole t5cc). Working on 7.1 100%, one run of abyss done, did the gauntlet... 30 5/65 or rank 2s in addition to the rank 3s and have opened 54 6* in total.

As an ouchies user, I'm relatively picky on who I'd use them on, so I'm likely to save the t5cc for a looooooooooong time.

I'm getting roughly 2-3 6* a month from EQ, G2 war and event quests. Sometimes more. I rarely pull anything useable. Through calendar, EQ and glory, I am getting at least 30% of a t5cc a month, plus 2-3 t5b.

This quest gives 20% t5cc, 15k 6* shards and 2 t5b. The t5b are genuinely the only real appeal, as the 6* shards are incredibly likely to result in something I'll not use.

But....the step up in difficulty is also obscene. Invade, close quarters, a hit monkey you have to knock down, Mr negative in general...

Yes I can do it; I have 3/45 unduped Corvus, 5/65 sig 200 aegon and every synergy tool needed, plus 30 odd revives and nearly 6k units.

It's the contrast; I can faceroll the level before this, with a rank 1 bishop plus synergies.

I can get decent t5b and t5cc every month with glory and EQ.

However the final level; I'm not a twitch reactions player and the frame rate issues have finally caught up with my OnePlus 6t and too often when baiting specials, I end up parrying. So it's simply not worth it.

I'll 100% the monthly EQ relatively easily, but I'm very likely to leave this Shang -Chi challenge untouched.

I hugely appreciate that those who 100% SOP, have all content done and think bero and swedeah are novices, think this is not hard enough and is too easy.

But I'm willing to guess that there are a lot of thronebreakers, not just Cavs, who will look at this and just pass it. Difficulty way out of line with rewards, especially given the rng value of the 6* shards; 2 t5b and a 12% ish shot at a decent 6* that I'll use isn't worth it.

(I'm also interested in what such a vertical difficulty increase will do to the confidence of newer players, because last of fresh blood is certainly not good for kabam.)

Which is a pity.

It would be interesting to know if the unit/cav purchasing data that kabam have, indicates they need to go back to pre nerf act 6 difficulty (which when post nerf is still a hard pass for me), for act 7.2, 7.3 and events?

As this event, following SOP, feels like that is the intent.
Post edited by Kabam Valkyrie on

Comments

• ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

Had a look at the last level today, having used my rank 1 6* bishop to clear the earlier 4 levels.

And I'm thinking of not bothering.

Some context.

I'm thronebreaker and I have 3 3/45 6*s and 4 t5cc unused (yes, whole t5cc). Working on 7.1 100%, one run of abyss done, did the gauntlet... 30 5/65 or rank 2s in addition to the rank 3s and have opened 54 6* in total.

As an ouchies user, I'm relatively picky on who I'd use them on, so I'm likely to save the t5cc for a looooooooooong time.

I'm getting roughly 2-3 6* a month from EQ, G2 war and event quests. Sometimes more. I rarely pull anything useable. Through calendar, EQ and glory, I am getting at least 30% of a t5cc a month, plus 2-3 t5b.

This quest gives 20% t5cc, 15k 6* shards and 2 t5b. The t5b are genuinely the only real appeal, as the 6* shards are incredibly likely to result in something I'll not use.

But....the step up in difficulty is also obscene. Invade, close quarters, a hit monkey you have to knock down, Mr negative in general...

Yes I can do it; I have 3/45 unduped Corvus, 5/65 sig 200 aegon and every synergy tool needed, plus 30 odd revives and nearly 6k units.

It's the contrast; I can faceroll the level before this, with a rank 1 bishop plus synergies.

I can get decent t5b and t5cc every month with glory and EQ.

However the final level; I'm not a twitch reactions player and the frame rate issues have finally caught up with my OnePlus 6t and too often when baiting specials, I end up parrying. So it's simply not worth it.

I'll 100% the monthly EQ relatively easily, but I'm very likely to leave this Shang -Chi challenge untouched.

I hugely appreciate that those who 100% SOP, have all content done and think bero and swedeah are novices, think this is not hard enough and is too easy.

But I'm willing to guess that there are a lot of thronebreakers, not just Cavs, who will look at this and just pass it. Difficulty way out of line with rewards, especially given the rng value of the 6* shards; 2 t5b and a 12% ish shot at a decent 6* that I'll use isn't worth it.

(I'm also interested in what such a vertical difficulty increase will do to the confidence of newer players, because last of fresh blood is certainly not good for kabam.)

Which is a pity.

It would be interesting to know if the unit/cav purchasing data that kabam have, indicates they need to go back to pre nerf act 6 difficulty (which when post nerf is still a hard pass for me), for act 7.2, 7.3 and events?

As this event, following SOP, feels like that is the intent.

I'm going to do it, albeit begrudgingly. I feel like I'm in a similar position (although I have a few more R3s but less 5/65s) but the allure of another 6* for a little bit of pain and resentment isn't something I want to pass up, even if it means having to arena grind for units.

I'll definitely be waiting more towards the end of the month before bashing my head into it and turning off suicides though.
  • HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    Might try it with my Rank 5 Aegon. If not then ima pass
  • OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    I've just done it with aegon, (+heimdall, fury, proxima and guardian). 15 revives total = 600 units. Aegon did every fight, play agressive and it's kinda no problem. Solo'd shang chi and I thought he'd be the worst in it.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
    GarrettN said:

I’m sitting on 24 6R3’s and I’m thinking about passing lmao

Any r3s you've done for fun or only Meta rankups?
  • naikavonnaikavon Posts: 297 ★★★
    I'm going to do it. I have never much cared about the rewards too much. I like the challenge of it.

All that said, even I recognize the difficulty to reward ratio is off here. It bothers me not but I see where others are coming from.
  • thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    edited September 2021
    I'll definitely do chapter 1 b/c most of it is auto fight and then work on CavEQ. If there are no options other than glaive and aegon, then i might also have to pass. (I saw that Thing is an option, but struggles against negative and tigra).
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    I have like 19 6r3s and I still did it. Didn't even use my six stars, did it all with 5/65s. It's easy and fun.
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    I'm waffling between using my expiring revives and potions on this or static content. In my case it might actually be a good idea. 10+ lvl2 revs and 20+ gold potions in overflow.

Corvus, Ægon, Herc, etc. I have a lot of strong contenders ranked. I'm just, kinda tired. Maybe I'll be up to the slog in a few days.
  • OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    You aren't forced to hit into the block for all the fights with aegon like you are corvus, each she hulk is an easy solo and easy chance to build aegons combo up, I used sp1 after the final medium - usually you don't but specials are unblockable for attacker and defender so you actually stay next to her and keep mostly regen.
    Had some practise runs, put on a health boost and got a solo in 110 hits, carried 70 over to the next fight and comitted.
  • BuffBeastBuffBeast Posts: 1,075 ★★★★
    I’m still on it. Corvus strat works really well but the ai is sooo hit or miss. One minute they block the whole fight, the next tigra has cornered me and I get KO’d. The nodes don’t make it any more fun either
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    BuffBeast said:

I’m still on it. Corvus strat works really well but the ai is sooo hit or miss. One minute they block the whole fight, the next tigra has cornered me and I get KO’d. The nodes don’t make it any more fun either

I think that's why I might use my overflow potions on static content. It's generally smarter to use it on temporary content, but this challenge is pretty heavily reliant on the AI working with you.

Not quite sure what I value the rewards at, but I have to factor in potential frustration as well. Not to mention doing repeats of the same fights just kinda sucks a lot of fun out of it.

The reward definitely isn't worth the effort unless you're one of those people who can do it near itemless, which is exactly who I think this is aimed towards. The lower rewards just mean I don't feel left out by skipping it.
  • SeraphSeraph Posts: 65

For Thronebreakers it's trash rewards and difficulty isn't "fun" for majority.

If you like it, do it and have fun.

But I've heard a lot more negativity about how trash this quest is more than anything else.

But what can you do? It's a lazy piece of content with "True" nodes Kabam has been overusing.

After Summer of Pain difficulty (also.much.more fun) and better rewards, it's just not worth it for many. The effort versus difficulty doesn't equal the rewards they are offering.

Blame that on Kabam for thinking this type of content is what the user base wants with paultry rewards or the fact the game is so broken it's even more difficult because of that.

End of the day, Chapter 2 is probably not being touched by me either.

Well said!
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    Aside from carina’s challenges I’ve got all permanent content done, think I have 7 R3 6*’s don’t really know for sure. I just try to go for each challenge to see if I can do it, and hopefully have some fun while doing it. The rewards don’t weigh in to that decision, I do care about rewards just not enough that I factor them in my decision-making.
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    Think there's a clear distinction between early, mid, and late TB players. You're an early TB player, and IMO, there's little difference in roster between an early TB and a late Cav. It was relatively easy for me. My 6*R3 awakened Corvus did all the heavy lifting. I didn't really care about item use as I had to make use of my overflow revives somewhere. Also fully boosted. He made short work of most fights, although I kept messing up my spacing against Tigra's double medium attack.

I thought the rewards were fine - mainly because the 15k shards got me Odin.

You have to look at it simply as an extra challenge. If you can do it relatively cheaply, then go for it. If the rewards don't justify how many units/resources you spend, then don't do it. I will agree, however, that I think it was pretty lazily made.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,154 ★★★★★
    The exploration rewards looks a bit tragic, but I'm 'planning' to do it nonetheless. I try to never miss any temporary content we get.

The Rewards structure may look a bit vague, but it also seems that kabam don't want players to feel left out who skips this exploration. And it's a good thing imo.
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    15 k shards are a little bit less. But it is what it is. After the astonishing sop we were bound to get a disappointing event.
This discussion has been closed.