**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Shang Chi Challenge

AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
edited September 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Are the level of difficulty & item requirements worth it for the total rewards the challenge offers considering that we can get much better rewards from doing easy event quests & side quests every single month

Shang Chi Challenge 88 votes

Yes, its totally worth it
22%
BitterSteelxNigbenshbOliverJWLongshot_33SyndicatedGarloBrokenWarlord5386ChriissRSarvanga1_fatalazyAgent_X_zzzZan0GiuliameijZeuszeroFerahgoCeltic1981Paul4WheezyBreezy 20 votes
No, the rewards are definitely not worth the efforts, time & items required
54%
DrZolaGrandOldKaiJank39TC1jdrum663Noodes_RahultripathiXSquadPlayer_SlasherSandeepSrcm2017MoosetiptronicRaichu626Gustavo20Mathking13PHJfinNomedYeshuaIron_Patriot_is_litgash228dangarang122 48 votes
I have a duped Corvus so it's a cakewalk for me
17%
Mr_PlatypusF4k3_GaM3rThefire13TheHeroDeservedGoddessIliasEtjamaO_Deadpool_OSwarmOfRavensŘïdđhįmHdhjssvvSparty6TRDSJBHJ12345___DissapointedCirrusAidenTheWise 15 votes
I don't care about the rewards, I just like to do BS fights
5%
SungjnaikavonSirGamesBondGodliekButman 5 votes
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• AidenTheWiseAidenTheWise Posts: 311 ★★
    I have a duped Corvus so it's a cakewalk for me
    3* Corvus only. I dunno about cakewalk but I guess we’ll see
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    The event wasn`t too bad. Used a fair share or revives, but had a ton in the stash. Aegon works really well also, if you are not skilled enough to do it with Corvus.
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★

3* Corvus only. I dunno about cakewalk but I guess we’ll see

GLHF, and RIP in advance. Your three star isn't gonna do ____ against chapter 2.

Unless you were joking, in which case I apologize.
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,055 ★★★★★
    I used like 25 revives( tigra and mr negative were pain)
    Got havoc for first time, wo it was good enough
  • Ps_cr7Ps_cr7 Posts: 296 ★★
    This is a poorly designed quest. I was happy with sop and was looking forward to more events like that... But this one is a thumbs down for me.
    I don't have corvus or herc. My alliance mates have been able to do this with duped corvus with 20-25 revives.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★
    Ps_cr7 said:

This is a poorly designed quest. I was happy with sop and was looking forward to more events like that... But this one is a thumbs down for me.
    I don't have corvus or herc. My alliance mates have been able to do this with duped corvus with 20-25 revives.

Did it without CG or Herc. They cheese this due to being unable to die from Close Encounters, but they’re not the ONLY counter.
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    I think the Chapter 2 quest was a cool idea... but Close Encounters + Invade and no node that helps you to deal with that combination of nodes is not fun. Remove Close Encounters, maybe give us a node where all Attacking champs can crit through block but cannot crit on non-blocked hits... I think that could be pretty fun actually...

Chapter 1 was most definitely worth the time investment to complete though. Awakened my 5-star Guardian from it so I'm happy with that
  • Warlord5386Warlord5386 Posts: 245 ★★
    I used 5/65 Ægon for almost all of the fight except some starting ones. Took like 10 revives.
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,058 ★★★★
    xNig said:

Ps_cr7 said:

Did it without CG or Herc. They cheese this due to being unable to die from Close Encounters, but they’re not the ONLY counter.
    Who is the other counter besides Corvus, Herc, NF. Definitely not horseman Gambit, the fights would take forever since you can't use heavies
    edited September 2021
    Chikel said:

xNig said:

Ps_cr7 said:

Who is the other counter besides Corvus, Herc, NF. Definitely not horseman Gambit, the fights would take forever since you can't use heavies
    I explored 100% with Elsa Tigra NF Gulk and KM.

Elsa for She Hulk.
    Gulk for Sunspot.
    KM for HM.
    NF for Mr -ve.
    Tigra for Tigra.

Spent some revives but didn’t spend a single unit.

This was a very well designed challenge, except the fact that CG/Herc can cheese through it due to immortality. If only they added global fate seal on blocked hits.. 😉
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,209 ★★★★★
    I don't care about the rewards, I just like to do BS fights
    I was expecting 6 paths and it was only 3.
    It's right amount of difficult for fairly decent rewards.
    Its absolutely not BS...Disagree away.
    Lol. I can feel the salt of people who aren’t skilled enough to do it raining down together with the disagrees. 😂
  • XSquadXSquad Posts: 147 ★★
    edited September 2021
    The close encounters is a bit much, but not a huge deal either way. Saving for 7.3
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

Lol. I can feel the salt of people who aren’t skilled enough to do it raining down together with the disagrees. 😂

I like the difficulty, I really enjoyed the challenge and I don't think it's *too* hard. I mean we are getting 1.5 6* crystals and a bunch of high tier catalysts, it's gotta have a challenge.

It encourages an intercept game, and really (obviously) punishes block and a lot of players don't like dealing with that. Blocking is meant to be safe, and this takes them out of their comfort zone. Which is fair enough in the sense that you don't have to like it, but it's not fair enough to ask for it to be nerfed just because it's too hard. Content like this is how we get better, you're not gonna get better by everything being act 7 level difficulty. (Not that there's anything inherently wrong with that difficulty, just not everywhere).

Not all content will be able to be done by everyone, and that's a part of the game. Not all content will be the right difficulty aimed at you either, and that's part of the game too. End game players had a drought for 18 months, it's just a bit more even with the release of Gauntlet, SoP and now this challenge. 7.2 was released a few months ago, 7.3 will be released soon. Variant 8 is coming too. Everyone will have their fill of content aimed at them.
  • XSquadXSquad Posts: 147 ★★
    I think this is on pair with Carina's challenges. Except everyone has access to it. I think you use fewer revives with this challenge for sure.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    edited September 2021
    xNig said:

At least you didn’t say “well I used revives but those revives are expiring in stash”. Otherwise I’ll hit disagree indeed. I don’t know why those kids always like to write this message to make himself look cool. If u use revives, just say it, no more no less, not a shame ….even you need to spent unit for revives. What’s wrong?

I’m against power through with revives, yet if you know what’s the reason for your death, using revives is not a shame. I’m quite sure those top 1% players would do the same, even though they are not active in this forum.
  • thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    edited September 2021
    xNig said:

Chikel said:

xNig said:

Ps_cr7 said:

I explored 100% with Elsa Tigra NF Gulk and KM.

Elsa for She Hulk.
    Gulk for Sunspot.
    KM for HM.
    NF for Mr -ve.
    Tigra for Tigra.

Spent some revives but didn’t spend a single unit.

This was a very well designed challenge, except the fact that CG/Herc can cheese through it due to immortality. If only they added global fate seal on blocked hits.. 😉
    congrats on exploring it twice with those teams. I'm in the process of cobbling together a feasible team, so I had a question about Tigra on Tigra. I thought that she would lose too much hp from the distance that is created from her heavies and specials. Or was that not a problem? Was it a pretty clean fight overall (e.g., how many revives and potions did you use if any)? Do you think Ronan would be a more efficient option against Tigra?

EDIT: also what rank were your champs and did you use any boosts?