**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

To everyone in the community

Comments

• BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    slacker said:

slacker said:

I think people were looking for a reason to be angry, Miike's response was great in my view.

-Explained why communication seemed sparse while confirming more was coming in a week or two
    -Apologised
    -Clarified that kabam don't benefit from a bug

I'm not sure exactly what he did wrong? Can anyone who's actually offended by this explain why?

Because some youtubers said this was stupid and we know how ppl would believe in their explanation more than a moderator
    Please don’t think I’m denying the existence of these videos but could I see an example? I’m interested
    Since i don't wanna call out their name directly, imo that's bit rude, so here the hints: Prof x and K (if you think that's still obvious and rude, i'm doing my best and not so good about hints stuff)
    As well respected as Prof Hoff is here. I don’t see many people qualified technically on Kabam’s game engine saying this bug should be easy to fix.

I wonder how many people who are saying the bug should be easy to fix have technical experience working on game engines/a role as a game engineer.
  • e_mace_mac Posts: 102

What proof do you have of them not trying? Other than this has been a long bug.

I think the fact that for the past 6 months everytime I come here I see people complaining about the same thing and their response is to delete our post, warn us or tell us to clean our phone screens says much about how hard they tried. How can you try to fix a problem you don't even aknowledge exists is beyond my comprehension.
    They might be trying their best, but only for the past couple of months. When if they aknowledged earlier when we warned them, it would probably have been fixed by now.

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Things people say are always up to interpretation. At the end of the day, they're human beings, just like the rest of us. They care deeply about their job and the game, and the people in it. When some people are upset enough, they will take anything the wrong way. I don't believe any malice was intended.
    Customer Service isn't easy. I've worked a number of places. You get that people are upset and you really want to help, and care about their frustrations, but there's nothing you can do sometimes and no more information to provide. Then you get the people who are ready to pop off at anything, coming in with the famous "You people!" generalizations, like there's a corporate meeting on how they can best screw people over each day. You have to learn to detach from the stress when all you can do some days is keep pressing Backspace. When I worked for The Shopping Channel, I thanked God for the mute button.
    The bottom line is none of us are perfect and we do the best we can with what we have. People will be upset. That's the nature of the business. They don't have to take it out on the messenger. If people don't have more to give, they don't have it.
    e_mac said:

I think the fact that for the past 6 months everytime I come here I see people complaining about the same thing and their response is to delete our post, warn us or tell us to clean our phone screens says much about how hard they tried. How can you try to fix a problem you don't even aknowledge exists is beyond my comprehension.
    They might be trying their best, but only for the past couple of months. When if they aknowledged earlier when we warned them, it would probably have been fixed by now.

Do you have any examples of that from the last couple of months?

Since this post in july:
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/272084/regarding-issues-in-gameplay-parry-dex-etc#latest

Every time the issue has been raised I haven’t seen anything other than a message saying we’re working on it. Haven’t seen any from Kabam that say, there is no issue, wipe your screen.

As far as I can tell, there was no issue before the July update. That’s when all the reports of parry issues came in.

And as Kabam confirmed in august “we believe that a recent update to our game engine is the cause of the problems that players are experiencing”. Not an update from 6 months ago as you’re claiming.

So Kabam have acknowledged it, I’m not sure what you’re point is other than “the parry bugs have been going on longer than since July”. Is that correct?
  • slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★

slacker said:

slacker said:

I think people were looking for a reason to be angry, Miike's response was great in my view.

-Explained why communication seemed sparse while confirming more was coming in a week or two
    -Apologised

I'm not sure exactly what he did wrong? Can anyone who's actually offended by this explain why?

Because some youtubers said this was stupid and we know how ppl would believe in their explanation more than a moderator
    Please don’t think I’m denying the existence of these videos but could I see an example? I’m interested
    Since i don't wanna call out their name directly, imo that's bit rude, so here the hints: Prof x and K (if you think that's still obvious and rude, i'm doing my best and not so good about hints stuff)
    As well respected as Prof Hoff is here. I don’t see many people qualified technically on Kabam’s game engine saying this bug should be easy to fix.

I wonder how many people who are saying the bug should be easy to fix have technical experience working on game engines/a role as a game engineer.
    Yeah, it's really really complicated to explain it full details because nobody 'll be able to understand it clearly. And calling moderate to explain all of it, that's just not fair, well beacuse there are moderate not engineer, thay may understand a thing or 2 but not as much as ppl work on that.

e_mac said:

"They're doing their best to fix this problem", but are they though?

If you think you can do better than Kabam’s engineers, apply. Until then, I think they know more about their game than someone who just plays it and is annoyed about a long bug.
    Following your logic, no one should complain about anything they're buying or service being provided just because they're not experts in making what they're buying.
    It's like ordering a beef medium rare only to have it delivered well done and not being supposed to say anything because you don't cook.

• The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    e_mac said:

e_mac said:

If you think you can do better than Kabam’s engineers, apply. Until then, I think they know more about their game than someone who just plays it and is annoyed about a long bug.
    Following your logic, no one should complain about anything they're buying or service being provided just because they're not experts in making what they're buying.
    It's like ordering a beef medium rare only to have it delivered well done and not being supposed to say anything because you don't cook.

No one's saying not to complain. Everyone has the right to complain. However saying things like ""Oh the bug is so easy fix" without any knowledge of what is going on behind the scenes is just pulling out words for the sake of it.
    e_mac said:

e_mac said:

No that’s not quite true. Because you know what medium rare looks like and you know how the process is done and how to fix it.

In this situation, you know what a good game looks like, but you don’t know how the process to fix a bug like this is done, and you don’t know how to fix it.

A more fitting simile is like going to a chef cooking a self invented recipe you have no idea to make, can’t research and can’t reproduce, and saying no no, you shouldn’t have used this much of this herb, and there needs to be more milk.

You’re telling Kabam that they should know how to fix a bug that you don’t know how to fix. So what technical experience do you have in the sector to tell them they don’t know how to fix their own game engine?

e_mac said:

Haven’t seen any from Kabam that say, there is no issue, wipe your screen.

Right, since you've never seen it, clearly I'm making it up.
    I didn’t say that. I’ve asked for proof. That’s a different question entirely.

e_mac said:

e_mac said:

No one's saying not to complain. Everyone has the right to complain. However saying things like ""Oh the bug is so easy fix" without any knowledge of what is going on behind the scenes is just pulling out words for the sake of it.
    Yes. Because I really said it was easy to fix.
    I didn't say it was easy to fix. I have no idea.
    What I said is that if they took our earlier complaints seriously, they maybe would have it fixed by now.
    e_mac said:

e_mac said:

e_mac said:

What I said is that if they took our earlier complaints seriously, they maybe would have it fixed by now.
    You said they weren’t doing their best, implying the bug should have been fixed now.

You keep saying took out earlier complaints, but there’s no proof there were any issues before the July update? We get people saying parry is broken monthly regardless of if there is or isn’t a bug.

The update went live on the 5th of July, or plus or minus a couple days. And on July 7th this statement was made:
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/272084/regarding-issues-in-gameplay-parry-dex-etc#latest

Kabam mentioned a recent game engine update caused the issues, so unless you don’t believe them. There were no parry issues before July 5th update.
  • ChitlinsChitlins Posts: 164 ★★

slacker said:

slacker said:

-Apologised

As well respected as Prof Hoff is here.
    Is he? Lol. If so dont include me in that.

Dude. Why do I have to prove anything to you? So now I am supposed to drop what I'm doing to browse months and months of complaints just to prove something to you?
    Why don't you look for it?
    e_mac said:

Dude. Why do I have to prove anything to you? So now I am supposed to drop what I'm doing to browse months and months of complaints just to prove something to you?
    I’m not the one claiming it’s true. Why should I have to prove your statement?

If you’re claiming something as proof that Kabam are ignoring our complaints, but won’t prove it, what does that say about your point?

And to clarify, if you find one, brill it doesn’t bother me. I’m not absolutely denying the existence of such statements, I just didn’t remember ever reading that and it would really surprise me.
    Chitlins said:

slacker said:

slacker said:

-Apologised

Shoulda maybe chucked a /s in there…

e_mac said:

e_mac said:

e_mac said:

You said they weren’t doing their best, implying the bug should have been fixed now.

You keep saying took out earlier complaints, but there’s no proof there were any issues before the July update? We get people saying parry is broken monthly regardless of if there is or isn’t a bug.

The update went live on the 5th of July, or plus or minus a couple days. And on July 7th this statement was made:

Kabam mentioned a recent game engine update caused the issues, so unless you don’t believe them. There were no parry issues before July 5th update.
    I didn't say they weren't doing their best. I questioned whether they were doing their best. Pretty different.
    e_mac said:

e_mac said:

e_mac said:

e_mac said:

I didn't say they weren't doing their best. I questioned whether they were doing their best. Pretty different.
    Of all the subtle distinctions there are, this may be the subtlest.

Why imply it if you don’t think it? Why ask the question if you don’t think there’s a grain of truth to it?

e_mac said:

If you’re claiming something as proof that Kabam are ignoring our complaints, but won’t prove it, what does that say about your point?

And to clarify, if you find one, brill it doesn’t bother me. I’m not absolutely denying the existence of such statements, I just didn’t remember ever reading that and it would really surprise me.
    I'm lost here. If you don't deny its existence why are you questioning what I'm claiming so fiercely?

I don't have to prove any claims. If you doubt it, it's up to you to check. You're the one doubting it. Why would I lie in the first place. This a forum not a court hearing. You believe it or you don't. You agree with it or you don't.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    slacker said:

slacker said:

-Apologised

Prof Hoff and KT1 are your sources? No wonder you're so off base. That's like asking Fox News for political advice.

e_mac said:

e_mac said:

e_mac said:

e_mac said:

Of all the subtle distinctions there are, this may be the subtlest.

Why imply it if you don’t think it? Why ask the question if you don’t think there’s a grain of truth to it?
    Hummmmm... Are you seriously asking why do people question things?
    e_mac said:

e_mac said:

I'm lost here. If you don't deny its existence why are you questioning what I'm claiming so fiercely?

I don't have to prove any claims. If you doubt it, it's up to you to check. You're the one doubting it. Why would I lie in the first place. This a forum not a court hearing. You believe it or you don't. You agree with it or you don't.
    Because I don’t believe that’s something Kabam would say after acknowledging the bug exists, I’m not saying they absolutely didn’t and there’s no chance it happened. But I think it did.

No, you don’t have to prove claims. There’s no absolute must about it. But for people to take your opinion seriously, as anywhere, it should be based on facts. Not hearsay, and not “I promise they said this but I can’t be bothered to back my point up”.

If you’re claiming Kabam said something and someone doesn’t believe you, it’s a very simple matter for you to prove that they said it. The forum has a search function, you can specific which user you want to search and which phrase. If you don’t want to do that, go for it, it doesn’t bother me if you don’t want to back your points with facts. I just won’t take them as facts, and I doubt many others will either.
    @e_mac

My comment went to the abyss of approval when I tried to edit, so I’ll write it again.

I’m questioning your intent, why call it into question if you believe Kabam are doing their best?

Do you believe Kabam are doing their best?
  • ChitlinsChitlins Posts: 164 ★★

Chitlins said:

slacker said:

slacker said:

-Apologised

What does that mean?

e_mac said:

e_mac said:

Because I don’t believe that’s something Kabam would say after acknowledging the bug exists, I’m not saying they absolutely didn’t and there’s no chance it happened. But I think it did.

No, you don’t have to prove claims. There’s no absolute must about it. But for people to take your opinion seriously, as anywhere, it should be based on facts. Not hearsay, and not “I promise they said this but I can’t be bothered to back my point up”.

If you’re claiming Kabam said something and someone doesn’t believe you, it’s a very simple matter for you to prove that they said it. The forum has a search function, you can specific which user you want to search and which phrase. If you don’t want to do that, go for it, it doesn’t bother me if you don’t want to back your points with facts. I just won’t take them as facts, and I doubt many others will either.
    No it's not a simple matter, since I have to waste time looking for it, and it's not always an easy task because they delete posts. And we go back to the same place: so you don't believe that kabam would say such a thing then it never happened?
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Chitlins said:

Chitlins said:

slacker said:

slacker said:

-Apologised

What does that mean?
    Sarcasm.

@e_mac

My comment went to the abyss of approval when I tried to edit, so I’ll write it again.

I’m questioning your intent, why call it into question if you believe Kabam are doing their best?

Do you believe Kabam are doing their best?

They maybe are doing their best now. None of us is there and all we have is what they tell us. So neither you or me can say for sure what they're doing. Believing doesn't make things true.
    That doesn't change that they have ignored many people who have complained about it before and the fact that could have been tackling this issue much earlier.
    e_mac said:

e_mac said:

e_mac said:

No it's not a simple matter, since I have to waste time looking for it, and it's not always an easy task because they delete posts. And we go back to the same place: so you don't believe that kabam would say such a thing then it never happened?
    Well if you’d like we can just leave it as something you claim but won’t back up. Because there’s no proof as of yet that this is true: “everytime I come here I see people complaining about the same thing and their response is to delete our post, warn us or tell us to clean our phone screens”

I don’t see any examples of that.

And what you’re talking about is proving a positive and proving a negative.

If I say Kabam literally never said ”the sky is red”, I can only prove that by listing everything Kabam ever said. But it can be easily disproved by showing a case of them saying it.

But if you claim that Kabam did say “the sky is blue”, then you can prove that easily by showing them say it. But I can’t disprove that, because I can’t list out everything that Kabam ever said.

e_mac said:

e_mac said:

e_mac said:

Well if you’d like we can just leave it as something you claim but won’t back up. Because there’s no proof as of yet that this is true: “everytime I come here I see people complaining about the same thing and their response is to delete our post, warn us or tell us to clean our phone screens”

I don’t see any examples of that.

And what you’re talking about is proving a positive and proving a negative.

If I say Kabam literally never said ”the sky is red”, I can only prove that by listing everything Kabam ever said. But it can be easily disproved by showing a case of them saying it.

But if you claim that Kabam did say “the sky is blue”, then you can prove that easily by showing them say it. But I can’t disprove that, because I can’t list out everything that Kabam ever said.
    Well I just don't have the time to browse all posts and prove it to you nor I care whether you believe it or not. We usually make an effort to do things when we actually care.
    Other than that, I found a way of coping with these issues and was just throwing my perspective out there.
This discussion has been closed.