**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Shang Chi challenge - pass for thronebreakers?

Comments

• JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    DawsMan said:

I have a duped corvus and think I can go with less than 5 revives.

I did it with 10 revives maybe a couple more then needed I was playing at 1am.

To OP: the content isn’t harder, looking at it might scare you but is the rewards not worth 10-15 revives? 400-600 units worth? I’m not sure where everyone is getting this “not worth the effort”. If kabam put out these rewards in a unit package for 1k people would eat it up alive. Put it in front of some 500k health defenders with invade and close encounters people get scared of using the 1k units.

Seems silly to me to pass on it.
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Jaded said:

DawsMan said:

To OP: the content isn’t harder, looking at it might scare you but is the rewards not worth 10-15 revives? 400-600 units worth? I’m not sure where everyone is getting this “not worth the effort”. If kabam put out these rewards in a unit package for 1k people would eat it up alive. Put it in front of some 500k health defenders with invade and close encounters people get scared of using the 1k units.

Without a proper counter it's gonna be stressful as hell. I think it's better for the peace of mind to not mingle with this quest
    if you don't have the right champs.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

Jaded said:

DawsMan said:

Without a proper counter it's gonna be stressful as hell. I think it's better for the peace of mind to not mingle with this quest
    if you don't have the right champs.
    OP said he has the right champs but it didn’t seem “worth it”.

Yeah of course if you don’t have the right counters it’ll be way too expensive to consider it.
  • TheSaithTheSaith Posts: 613 ★★★
    I saw a video ... duped CG with snyrgie... Just hit on block ... yea too lenghty but doable.... But still stupid sq ... 😁😁😁
  • DraKulaDraKula Posts: 23
    I'm thronebreaker, i did all weeks of sop, finished 4 paths in sop finale and i have a 3/45 unduped corvus and maxed out aegon and i won't touch this challenge. Way too hard for such rewards and the node combo is absolutely insane. Pass.
  • TheSaithTheSaith Posts: 613 ★★★
    I saw a video ... duped CG with snyrgie... Just hit on block ... yea too lenghty but doable.... But still stupid sq ... 😁😁😁
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,073 ★★★★

I’m a TB with 5 R3s and I was perfectly fine to skip the last part of SoP and I’m perfectly fine with skipping the 2nd chapter of Shang Chi. No problem at all. There are tons of better / more skilled / more committed players than me and that’s totally fine.

We have been reading TONS of threads in the past year about the lack of high end content and how players with very developed rosters have been feeling not challenged and bored. And now Kabam gives us this kind of content and we start complaining again…? Please.

Just because a new piece of content is released, it doesn’t mean I’m obliged to do it. I’ve learned this lesson a while back. And the hard way…

@Hector_1475 that thought did cross my mind, so thank you for putting it forward; there does need to be content for the end game players and if this is the kind of thing needed, then it explains it far better.

I also don't see it as missing content compared to static as even static content is devalued by time; just look at v1. Skipping this to focus on act 7 for example, isn't necessarily losing out.

I may still even do it, because as @Jaded points out, it's not terrible value for the units. But it just feels cheap, limiting on viable options, designed to soak units not test skill. SOP was a little bit of a roster check, but fundamentally a skill check.

Maybe this is too and I just can't see it, but at the mo, I'm genuinely looking at it as a "miss" by kabam.
  • Amntis1000Amntis1000 Posts: 28
    Cannot read the entire thing but I'm only 2 months removed from hitting TB and I was gonna give this a hard pass (like I did with SoP finale) but after 10-20 tries I found my team. All it cost me was the Dex/parry comp and 0 units which in my opinion is WELL worth 15K shards, 20 t5cc and the rest of the rewards. If it had cost me units I'd be upset.
    Team
    R5 sig 200 aegon
    Heimdal
    Angela
    Odin
    Prox

Used aegon and only aegon the entire thing. Got to 175combo after 2nd fight and from there I played it normal ignoring the nodes and globals. Even HM was only 2 revives per path.
    Toughest fight was Neg and easiest was of course she hulk. SS with invade close encounter and friggin no retreat is pure BS but with a high combo aegon it was no biggie.

I'll also mention that I'm am not close to a good player when it comes down to it. GM 6.4 fight cost me 1K units for reference
  • JohnnyBeastJohnnyBeast Posts: 59
    @GarrettN revives not minutes. I used a r4 5* Corvus, two proxima, doctor strange, and white mags. It took about an hour. I full boosted to compensate the weak Corvus though

• Think there's a clear distinction between early, mid, and late TB players. You're an early TB player, and IMO, there's little difference in roster between an early TB and a late Cav. It was relatively easy for me. My 6*R3 awakened Corvus did all the heavy lifting. I didn't really care about item use as I had to make use of my overflow revives somewhere. Also fully boosted. He made short work of most fights, although I kept messing up my spacing against Tigra's double medium attack.

I thought the rewards were fine - mainly because the 15k shards got me Odin.

You have to look at it simply as an extra challenge. If you can do it relatively cheaply, then go for it. If the rewards don't justify how many units/resources you spend, then don't do it. I will agree, however, that I think it was pretty lazily made.

Yea i did it with the oeverflow revives and got enough shards to opne two 6* crystals. Opened them and awakened my first 6* which was doom and then awakened storm pyramid x. So the doom made the rewards worth it in my opinion

used about 25 revives with my 5* corvus (im bad lol)
  • ButmanButman Posts: 140
    Its a pass man summer of pain was so much better and so rewarding. This is not even half of there rewards
  • OneMast3rOneMast3r Posts: 331 ★★
    I'm Throne Breaker and I'm going to pass as well. If the game ran like normal maybe I would try but with the input issues it's more of a hassle.
  • While you are entitled to your opinion, the fact that two champs can make this much easier, and it is just 15 fights, makes it worth it. I'm TB and there is no way i'm letting this go.
    farm pots and go for it.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
    TRONG94 said:

Pass from me. 15k 6* shards is not that interesting like last year or 2 years ago to go to any length for.

I mean. 15k 6* shards is still pretty juicy even today.
    Still not worth going through it for the enemy node combination. Invade and Close Encounters is NOT a fun node.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    I could tolerate she-hulk and sunspot, but hit-monkey broke the bill for me
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,073 ★★★★
    Terra said:

TRONG94 said:

Pass from me. 15k 6* shards is not that interesting like last year or 2 years ago to go to any length for.

I mean. 15k 6* shards is still pretty juicy even today.
    Still not worth going through it for the enemy node combination. Invade and Close Encounters is NOT a fun node.
    It's invade, close encounters, no retreat and unblockable specials in one case. So much fun and interactive damage.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    I’m thronebreaker, have 10 r3 I believe maybe 11. Lol. And I have 1 T5cc fully formed of each class. I consider myself pretty damn good at the game. I am contemplating to skip it. I’ve done pre nerf act 6, breeeeezed through act 7.1 and 7.2 and even finished variant 1. Close encounters is a pretty sh*t node in content with a million health. Invade is whatever but when you put both together is trash.
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,044 ★★★★★
    I have 7 r3 and 18 5/65 and I have already done it 😀😀
  • SeraphSeraph Posts: 65
    Pass from me, terribly unfun with rubbish rewards
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,079 ★★★★★
    Seraph said:

Why do I get the feeling you'd be that guy and kill all the fun at a moon bounce?
  • SeraphSeraph Posts: 65

Seraph said:

Why do I get the feeling you'd be that guy and kill all the fun at a moon bounce?
    That would be a fun event with great rewards :-)
  • allinashesallinashes Posts: 777 ★★★
    Not gonna... Just don't feel like it. More likely to work on 7.2, but I'm exploring that as I go and not very fast.
This discussion has been closed.