**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

To everyone in the community

13»

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,959 ★★★★★
    e_mac said:

@e_mac

My comment went to the abyss of approval when I tried to edit, so I’ll write it again.

I’m questioning your intent, why call it into question if you believe Kabam are doing their best?

Do you believe Kabam are doing their best?

They maybe are doing their best now. None of us is there and all we have is what they tell us. So neither you or me can say for sure what they're doing. Believing doesn't make things true.
    That doesn't change that they have ignored many people who have complained about it before and the fact that could have been tackling this issue much earlier.
    You saying "they could have tackled this earlier" doesn't make that true either. That's your opinion, not an actual fact. The amount of bug posts on there that aren't actual bugs, tends to bury the real bug posts. Also, just because a MOD doesn't comment on a post, doesn't mean it wasn't seen either.

Some things are more noticeable where you have many people bring up the issue. Some things only a few people have issues with. When the parry/dex issue came about in July, people posted about it right away. Miike and Boo were there collecting data within a few hours. They have to take that information back to the engineers, and the engineers have to investigate as to what's happening.

Now, the engineers have to decipher where the root of the problem is based on users devices. I have a LG V60 and do not have any issues with the Parry/Dex bug. I'm running android 11 as well. Other people who have android 11 phones or lesser have the issue with different devices. Even still, now they have to find the WHY it's happening. Is it a server side issue? Is it a frame rate issue? Is it a game engine issue? Is there piece of code missing? That takes time.

I am assuming that you do not have a background in programming or game engineering either. So while you might think that things didn't happen right away, you can't say they didn't and it be true. You don't know how to fix the issue any better than the rest of the armchair developers on these forums. Everything you've said is opinion only.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    e_mac said:

e_mac said:

e_mac said:

e_mac said:

I didn’t say that. I’ve asked for proof. That’s a different question entirely.

Dude. Why do I have to prove anything to you? So now I am supposed to drop what I'm doing to browse months and months of complaints just to prove something to you?
    Why don't you look for it?
    I’m not the one claiming it’s true. Why should I have to prove your statement?

If you’re claiming something as proof that Kabam are ignoring our complaints, but won’t prove it, what does that say about your point?

And to clarify, if you find one, brill it doesn’t bother me. I’m not absolutely denying the existence of such statements, I just didn’t remember ever reading that and it would really surprise me.
    I'm lost here. If you don't deny its existence why are you questioning what I'm claiming so fiercely?

I don't have to prove any claims. If you doubt it, it's up to you to check. You're the one doubting it. Why would I lie in the first place. This a forum not a court hearing. You believe it or you don't. You agree with it or you don't.
    Because I don’t believe that’s something Kabam would say after acknowledging the bug exists, I’m not saying they absolutely didn’t and there’s no chance it happened. But I think it did.

No, you don’t have to prove claims. There’s no absolute must about it. But for people to take your opinion seriously, as anywhere, it should be based on facts. Not hearsay, and not “I promise they said this but I can’t be bothered to back my point up”.

If you’re claiming Kabam said something and someone doesn’t believe you, it’s a very simple matter for you to prove that they said it. The forum has a search function, you can specific which user you want to search and which phrase. If you don’t want to do that, go for it, it doesn’t bother me if you don’t want to back your points with facts. I just won’t take them as facts, and I doubt many others will either.
    No it's not a simple matter, since I have to waste time looking for it, and it's not always an easy task because they delete posts. And we go back to the same place: so you don't believe that kabam would say such a thing then it never happened?
    Well if you’d like we can just leave it as something you claim but won’t back up. Because there’s no proof as of yet that this is true: “everytime I come here I see people complaining about the same thing and their response is to delete our post, warn us or tell us to clean our phone screens”

I don’t see any examples of that.

And what you’re talking about is proving a positive and proving a negative.

If I say Kabam literally never said ”the sky is red”, I can only prove that by listing everything Kabam ever said. But it can be easily disproved by showing a case of them saying it.

But if you claim that Kabam did say “the sky is blue”, then you can prove that easily by showing them say it. But I can’t disprove that, because I can’t list out everything that Kabam ever said.
    Well I just don't have the time to browse all posts and prove it to you nor I care whether you believe it or not. We usually make an effort to do things when we actually care.
    Other than that, I found a way of coping with these issues and was just throwing my perspective out there.
    That’s your right, of course. I’m just trying to keep the conversation factual, when a lot of people give their opinion based on emotion.
  • e_mace_mac Posts: 102

e_mac said:

e_mac said:

e_mac said:

e_mac said:

Dude. Why do I have to prove anything to you? So now I am supposed to drop what I'm doing to browse months and months of complaints just to prove something to you?

If you’re claiming something as proof that Kabam are ignoring our complaints, but won’t prove it, what does that say about your point?

And to clarify, if you find one, brill it doesn’t bother me. I’m not absolutely denying the existence of such statements, I just didn’t remember ever reading that and it would really surprise me.
    I'm lost here. If you don't deny its existence why are you questioning what I'm claiming so fiercely?

I don't have to prove any claims. If you doubt it, it's up to you to check. You're the one doubting it. Why would I lie in the first place. This a forum not a court hearing. You believe it or you don't. You agree with it or you don't.
    Because I don’t believe that’s something Kabam would say after acknowledging the bug exists, I’m not saying they absolutely didn’t and there’s no chance it happened. But I think it did.

No, you don’t have to prove claims. There’s no absolute must about it. But for people to take your opinion seriously, as anywhere, it should be based on facts. Not hearsay, and not “I promise they said this but I can’t be bothered to back my point up”.

If you’re claiming Kabam said something and someone doesn’t believe you, it’s a very simple matter for you to prove that they said it. The forum has a search function, you can specific which user you want to search and which phrase. If you don’t want to do that, go for it, it doesn’t bother me if you don’t want to back your points with facts. I just won’t take them as facts, and I doubt many others will either.
    No it's not a simple matter, since I have to waste time looking for it, and it's not always an easy task because they delete posts. And we go back to the same place: so you don't believe that kabam would say such a thing then it never happened?
    Well if you’d like we can just leave it as something you claim but won’t back up. Because there’s no proof as of yet that this is true: “everytime I come here I see people complaining about the same thing and their response is to delete our post, warn us or tell us to clean our phone screens”

If I say Kabam literally never said ”the sky is red”, I can only prove that by listing everything Kabam ever said. But it can be easily disproved by showing a case of them saying it.

But if you claim that Kabam did say “the sky is blue”, then you can prove that easily by showing them say it. But I can’t disprove that, because I can’t list out everything that Kabam ever said.
    Well I just don't have the time to browse all posts and prove it to you nor I care whether you believe it or not. We usually make an effort to do things when we actually care.
    Other than that, I found a way of coping with these issues and was just throwing my perspective out there.
    That’s your right, of course. I’m just trying to keep the conversation factual, when a lot of people give their opinion based on emotion.
    Right, because asking someone to browse a forum where thousands of comments and topics are posted hourly and constantly being deleted is a sensible thing to ask in order to "keep the conversation factual."
    If I don't believe an information, I go look for it.

e_mac said:

@e_mac

My comment went to the abyss of approval when I tried to edit, so I’ll write it again.

I’m questioning your intent, why call it into question if you believe Kabam are doing their best?

They maybe are doing their best now. None of us is there and all we have is what they tell us. So neither you or me can say for sure what they're doing. Believing doesn't make things true.
    That doesn't change that they have ignored many people who have complained about it before and the fact that could have been tackling this issue much earlier.
    You saying "they could have tackled this earlier" doesn't make that true either. That's your opinion, not an actual fact. The amount of bug posts on there that aren't actual bugs, tends to bury the real bug posts. Also, just because a MOD doesn't comment on a post, doesn't mean it wasn't seen either.

Some things are more noticeable where you have many people bring up the issue. Some things only a few people have issues with. When the parry/dex issue came about in July, people posted about it right away. Miike and Boo were there collecting data within a few hours. They have to take that information back to the engineers, and the engineers have to investigate as to what's happening.

Now, the engineers have to decipher where the root of the problem is based on users devices. I have a LG V60 and do not have any issues with the Parry/Dex bug. I'm running android 11 as well. Other people who have android 11 phones or lesser have the issue with different devices. Even still, now they have to find the WHY it's happening. Is it a server side issue? Is it a frame rate issue? Is it a game engine issue? Is there piece of code missing? That takes time.

I am assuming that you do not have a background in programming or game engineering either. So while you might think that things didn't happen right away, you can't say they didn't and it be true. You don't know how to fix the issue any better than the rest of the armchair developers on these forums. Everything you've said is opinion only.
    Thanks for the lesson in programming. I never claimed that my opinions were fact. It' not my fault if people can't read things properly and interpret opinions for facts.

Fact: These issues have been going on longer than 2 months. For me and for many
    Fact: they were ignored many many times until a larger portion of players started experiencing them. Ignored by not being responded. Ignored by minimizing them. Ignored by having unanswered posts deleted.

Everything else I said is opinion and I never claimed otherwise. Not my fault if you can't differ one from the other

Don't assume things, you know what they say about it don't you?
    edited September 2021
    grfvb said:

@e_mac this is better

Conspiracy: they were ignored many many times until a larger portion of players started experiencing them. Ignored by not being responded. Ignored by minimizing them. Ignored by having unanswered posts deleted.

grfvb said:

@e_mac this is better

Conspiracy: they were ignored many many times until a larger portion of players started experiencing them. Ignored by not being responded. Ignored by minimizing them. Ignored by having unanswered posts deleted.

So you're saying Kabam responds to every issue that there is. That they never minimize anything? That they don't delete posts? To the point that whenever someone claims something of the sort it becomes conspiracy? Really? LOL.
    Just food for thought: Why would I lie? What would I gain from saying these things?

Either ways I'm done with this discussion.
    e_mac said:

e_mac said:

@e_mac

Fact: they were ignored many many times until a larger portion of players started experiencing them. Ignored by not being responded. Ignored by minimizing them. Ignored by having unanswered posts deleted.
    But you don’t have proof of that fact. The issues started on July 5th, do you have proof that Kabam minimised them? Obviously there’s no proof of deleting either way, other than that only you is claiming it.

You can’t just label things a fact and expect everything to be fine.
    edited September 2021
    Either ways

e_mac said:

e_mac said:

@e_mac

But you don’t have proof of that fact. The issues started on July 5th, do you have proof that Kabam minimised them? Obviously there’s no proof of deleting either way, other than that only you is claiming it.

Right, and you can't say a fact isn't a fact if you don't look for it. Things are totally fine with me, apparently not with you. As I said a few times you either believe it or don't. If you feel curious about it you look for it. If you are confident you're 100% right you ignore it.At the end of the day it's one's choice to live in La La Land or in the real world.
    If you watch any debate in the real world, it's up for the other side to prove the claiming side wrong. But that takes work right? Imagine you browsing all the posts since February?
    e_mac said:

e_mac said:

e_mac said:

e_mac said:

e_mac said:

Right, because asking someone to browse a forum where thousands of comments and topics are posted hourly and constantly being deleted is a sensible thing to ask in order to "keep the conversation factual."
    Asking someone to back up a statement they said isn’t hard. You can use the search function, or you can stop claiming something you won’t prove.

You can put in who said it, so Kabam Miike, Zibit, Porthos, Game Team etc, you can specify a date if you like (within a week, month or year). You can search particular sections.

Research to back up facts really is in short supply these days.

In the time you’ve spent arguing about having to back up your points, you could have researched and backed up your point.

e_mac said:

Either ways

e_mac said:

e_mac said:

@e_mac

Right, and you can't say a fact isn't a fact if you don't look for it. Things are totally fine with me, apparently not with you. As I said a few times you either believe it or don't. If you feel curious about it you look for it. If you are confident you're 100% right you ignore it.At the end of the day it's one's choice to live in La La Land or in the real world.
    I’m saying it’s not true, the burden of proof isn’t on me to spend 5 minutes searching the forum.

And even if I did, would you believe me?

Say I searched the forum and said “ok, couldn’t find what you were saying”. No? So what would be the point?
    edited September 2021

e_mac said:

Either ways

e_mac said:

e_mac said:

@e_mac

I’m saying it’s not true, the burden of proof isn’t on me to spend 5 minutes searching the forum.

Say I searched the forum and said “ok, couldn’t find what you were saying”. No? So what would be the point?

e_mac said:

Either ways

e_mac said:

e_mac said:

@e_mac

So if you claim it's not true the burden of proof is on me, and if I claim it the burden of proof is also on me. LOL. Now let's talk about feeling entitled... shall we?

If you say it's not true. Fine. You don't believe it. End of discussion. i've experienced it, don't need you to believe me. I'm not finding on my comments, because as I went to look for them, I noticed that many of the posts i commented on have simply disappeared. The search engine is not that reliable, went to look and it gave far less queries and many unrelated. Not gonna look any further because I don't owe you proof of any sort.

e_mac said:

e_mac said:

e_mac said:

e_mac said:

e_mac said:

Asking someone to back up a statement they said isn’t hard. You can use the search function, or you can stop claiming something you won’t prove.

You can put in who said it, so Kabam Miike, Zibit, Porthos, Game Team etc, you can specify a date if you like (within a week, month or year). You can search particular sections.

In the time you’ve spent arguing about having to back up your points, you could have researched and backed up your point.

e_mac said:

e_mac said:

e_mac said:

e_mac said:

e_mac said:

e_mac said:

e_mac said:

e_mac said:

e_mac said:

e_mac said:

"In the time you’ve spent arguing about having to back up your points, you could have researched and backed up your point." Seriously. LOL. How spoiled someone has to be to say something like that? Also, how can you know I didn't look? People are so self centered these days...

I must say I’ve never seen someone get so defensive about proving their point if it was true.

So you did look? But you couldn’t find it?

But feel free to keep throwing insults :)
    In any case, I’ll leave this discussion here, I’m not interested in you turning it into personal attacks. Let’s just leave it at you couldn’t prove it
    edited September 2021
    I'm not defensive about proving my point was true. You haven't gotten it yet. I'm defensive about having to prove it to YOU. I am defensive about having to browse hundreds of pages because some dude on a forum demands it.

Neither could you prove I'm wrong, you could, but you didn't. You could find a post from months ago talking about control issues and not being ignored. But you didn't. So let's leave it at that.
    edited September 2021

In any case, I’ll leave this discussion here, I’m not interested in you turning it into personal attacks. Let’s just leave it at you couldn’t prove it

"So you did look? But you couldn’t find it?"

I can see your assumptions are spot on (considering I'm talking to you, maybe I should clarify I'm being sarcastic). Not showing to you doesnt mean I couldn't find it. Actually I did save some screenshots of many examples. But I'll leave you with just one. Parry/dex issue way before the date you claim it started and being completely ignored by kabam!

Now will you prove that kabam did something about it (at least an aknowledgement, because they are trying really hard) before the issue hit a greater amount of players?

So let's leave it at that.

• Nix2222Nix2222 Posts: 121 ★★★
    My only issue is closing the thread after Miike’s response before the OP (or anyone else) could respond. The optics (not necessarily intent) aren’t the best and it appears dismissive. More dialogue is never a bad thing.
    e_mac said:

I can see your assumptions are spot on (considering I'm talking to you, maybe I should clarify I'm being sarcastic). Not showing to you doesnt mean I couldn't find it. Actually I did save some screenshots of many examples. But I'll leave you with just one. Parry/dex issue way before the date you claim it started and being completely ignored by kabam!

Now will you prove that kabam did something about it (at least an aknowledgement, because they are trying really hard) before the issue hit a greater amount of players?

As I said before, we have people saying parry doesn’t work every month. So that doesn’t prove anything. I was asking for proof that Kabam were saying just wipe your screen while the bug was going on.
    edited September 2021

e_mac said:

As I said before, we have people saying parry doesn’t work every month. So that doesn’t prove anything. I was asking for proof that Kabam were saying just wipe your screen while the bug was going on.
    And I said I have many other printscreens from around the time of the one I sent. The print I sent is not isolated. So it wasn't just one person claiming, there were many others.
    You have problems comprehending things. You only accept that the bugs started happening around june 5th, and I was talking about them telling to clean our screens before that, when the bug wasn't aknowledge by the majority of players. So If I send a print to you outside of YOUR timeline, it will be dismissed like "every month we have people saying parry is bugged". And it's not really hard to figure man, if every month we have people saying parry is bugged, what does it tell you? People here are lying? Just because YOU are not experiencing it?
    I don't experience the parry bug as much as people here complain about, but I'm not about to dismiss others because of my own experience. I experience a LOT more the issue with unresponsive controls than parry/dex failing (even though I strongly suspect that they're related). But I'm not going to say that it's not happening, or that people are making a fuss about it. Get over yourself dude.

And there's no way I will prove anything or even try now, because you want me to prove something I didn't claim.
    edited September 2021
    @BitterSteel

But hey, there u go.

This discussion has been closed.