**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

No duped corvus then no close quarters challenge

2»

Comments

• xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    edited September 2021

Team Setup was Elsa / Tigra / NF / KM / Gulk.

Elsa took She Hulk easy. Just keep throwing sp1.

Gulk for Sunspot, soloed every time except when my swipe back didn’t register and ate a block hit which KOed me instantly.

KM for HM, long fight but straightforward.

NF for Negative, took a few revives cause I’m a scrub.

Tigra for Tigra. Took the most revives cause somehow Tigra’s sp1 recovery is so fast that it allows her to dex my counter heavy. 😒
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

xNig said:

These quests are not meant to be easy. They are not for the faint of heart or those with backbones comparable to chocolate eclairs.

Love this quote from Kurt.
    more like not meant for the broke $$$ :D great content to use up all the weak compensation on tho great strategy on kascam end 100% who ever suggested this needs a raise
    I mean. You can get units for free this whole month and use them no money involved. That's my plan.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

These quests are not meant to be easy. They are not for the faint of heart or those with backbones comparable to chocolate eclairs.

Oh so that's what they are. I've always wondered what they meant. Look tasty

But yeah. It's not something to be done easily. It requires skill (and or units, it's a scale).
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    So to the thread topic, nope. Tsktsk.
  • Sean_WhoSean_Who Posts: 618 ★★★

Sucks for us guys, been playing for years and still missing the roster depth needed for certain content.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
    edited September 2021
    walkerdog said:

xNig said:

They're so bad at making a working game to be talking trash about player skill.

Also, the main tweak id make to this quest is dropping langour's damage for a 10-15 second power lock debuff on the attacker.
    Lanqour isn't difficult to get around though. Just mind your parrying at the start, intercept to get power, and fire specials only if it doesn't fully drain bar
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

Damn I wish I knew that this content was impossible to do without duped Corvus before I blasted through it with Ægon.

How was the ramp up? I'll probably have to switch off suicides again just so I can get through this.
    Not too bad, you won't get up to 999, which is actually good since you want to hit in block. Really, it's just ramp up on She-Hulk
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,122 ★★★★★

AMS94 said:

AMS94 said:

Aegon works as well.

Not anywhere close to a duped Corvus though
    In this event if we compare them then duped Corvus is like Cosmic Ghost Rider while Aegon is like Mystic Ghost Rider who cn do the job but nowhere close to as good as CGR
    And all other champs are like Groot (too OP)
    Duped Corvus in this has more value than Quake had in the Gauntlet where he cn save almost all of the items that other players will need to spend
    With duped Corvus people cn even do it itemless if they play that well.....without him it's not possible to do this itemless fr anyone
    Most of the times a few champs will have some kind of advantage over others in newly released content, but this much difference is too extreme & screams bad design
    Wrong. Aegon works just as good. Get better and stay close to the defender. Farm potions.
    That's exactly what my point ws
    Fr Aegon to work, u need to "get better" "stay close" & "farm potions"
    However with a Duped Corvus u cn play while taking ur time with comparatively much less risk & stress involved
    Being able to dash back as much as u want, fr as much distance as u want, & fr as much time as u want....with Corvus its much easier to do all of this than with Aegon
    And I don't think Aegon cn do it itemless no matter how good u play....Corvus cn do it though & by itemless I mean not even a single health potion
    Will everyone using Corvus be able to do it itemless... definitely not, may be noone will, but at least it's possible if someone tries to do it
    If all this combined still doesn't put a duped Corvus much above Aegon fr this challenge then I don't know what will
    Aegon works.... yes, he's the second best option
    Just as good as Corvus.... definitely not, no matter how good someone plays
    The only disadvantage that Corvus has is that u need to take care of not running out of charges, but thanks to his sig ability doing that is possible
    In every other aspect he's miles better than every other option
    To solo HM with Corvus at 1% does take some skill. You need to be very careful with glaive charges. I only solo'd 1/3 HM. The third one jacked me up actually, but I'm not resetting at that point. 🙂 As has been mentioned, ramped Aegon might have the advantage against HM. I'd say Corvus has the advantage against Sunspot though.
    Texas_11 said:

After having a chance to think about it. Something tells me maybe Kabam is pushing roster depth instead of skill.

Wolverine. ,King Groot, Diablo , Claire. Gambit stun lock? Ihulk stun lock? The ability to be unblockable on specials ?

I do wish they have a hint at what they wanted us to try to achieve from this challenge. I’m sure some people will come up with some ideas soon enough.

Where does blocking specials come into play? Sunspot? You can dex, pause, dex and avoid the No Retreat.
    Proxima with corvus, parry, knock down, get evaded, knockdown, don't ever have to worry about protection again.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    DawsMan said:

AMS94 said:

AMS94 said:

Aegon works as well.

In this event if we compare them then duped Corvus is like Cosmic Ghost Rider while Aegon is like Mystic Ghost Rider who cn do the job but nowhere close to as good as CGR
    Duped Corvus in this has more value than Quake had in the Gauntlet where he cn save almost all of the items that other players will need to spend
    With duped Corvus people cn even do it itemless if they play that well.....without him it's not possible to do this itemless fr anyone
    Most of the times a few champs will have some kind of advantage over others in newly released content, but this much difference is too extreme & screams bad design
    Wrong. Aegon works just as good. Get better and stay close to the defender. Farm potions.
    However with a Duped Corvus u cn play while taking ur time with comparatively much less risk & stress involved
    Being able to dash back as much as u want, fr as much distance as u want, & fr as much time as u want....with Corvus its much easier to do all of this than with Aegon
    And I don't think Aegon cn do it itemless no matter how good u play....Corvus cn do it though & by itemless I mean not even a single health potion
    Will everyone using Corvus be able to do it itemless... definitely not, may be noone will, but at least it's possible if someone tries to do it
    If all this combined still doesn't put a duped Corvus much above Aegon fr this challenge then I don't know what will
    The only disadvantage that Corvus has is that u need to take care of not running out of charges, but thanks to his sig ability doing that is possible
    To solo HM with Corvus at 1% does take some skill. You need to be very careful with glaive charges. I only solo'd 1/3 HM. The third one jacked me up actually, but I'm not resetting at that point. 🙂 As has been mentioned, ramped Aegon might have the advantage against HM. I'd say Corvus has the advantage against Sunspot though.
    Texas_11 said:

After having a chance to think about it. Something tells me maybe Kabam is pushing roster depth instead of skill.

Wolverine. ,King Groot, Diablo , Claire. Gambit stun lock? Ihulk stun lock? The ability to be unblockable on specials ?

I do wish they have a hint at what they wanted us to try to achieve from this challenge. I’m sure some people will come up with some ideas soon enough.

Where does blocking specials come into play? Sunspot? You can dex, pause, dex and avoid the No Retreat.
    Proxima with corvus, parry, knock down, get evaded, knockdown, don't ever have to worry about protection again.
    You don’t have to worry about hit monkey evading you but protection will still come back.
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Jaded said:

DawsMan said:

AMS94 said:

AMS94 said:

Aegon works as well.

Texas_11 said:

You don’t have to worry about hit monkey evading you but protection will still come back.
    Yeah that 15 sec timer is annoying.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

Jaded said:

DawsMan said:

AMS94 said:

AMS94 said:

Aegon works as well.

Texas_11 said:

With guardian/wolverine you can knock him down 3 times without risking glaive charges.
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Jaded said:

Jaded said:

DawsMan said:

AMS94 said:

AMS94 said:

Aegon works as well.

Texas_11 said:

With guardian/wolverine you can knock him down 3 times without risking glaive charges.
    Yeah that would be really better for saving items. I didn't have space for the two of these in my team actually.
  • Dawnbringer_1Dawnbringer_1 Posts: 262 ★★

Everyone: uses corvus or Aegon for the shangchi boss
    Meanwhile swedeah:
    https://youtu.be/wymGZgUcTd0

Bruh the boss is easy, did u not watch the rest of the video of who he used? And most used Herc for boss tbh. Stun immunity nice for that fight.