**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Champions purifying debuffs against apocalypse in EQ

Hello everyone. So, in the monthly cavalier event quest, chapter 3, mission 1, the mutant's mission, there is a path that has mighty charge 1.

It says that if the opponent dashes it purify all debuffs, but... Apocalypse has -100% purify ability accuracy and it stills purify. It happens to all the opponents in this path

Comments

• OurbeeOurbee Posts: 85
    It's bugged.

There's other posts reporting the same issue.
  • te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 1,001 ★★★★
    Not a bug, sadly. Kabam changed how Mighty Charge works: before you could use apoc to prevent the purify and the node activation, but now the node will activate even if you prevent the purify, and the subsequent Debuff Immunity obviously removes all existing debuffs. I really dislike this change and i consider it a nerf to my Apoc, but what can I do if not accepting it? :-(

Silent nerfs like this are straight up unnecessary. Seems like the Kabam devs have learnt nothing after all these years unfortunately.

while I agree that they silently changed it before announcing it, there's still the fact that they have formerly announced it in the V32.1 RELEASE NOTES thread, more than one month ago. I'll quote the part that explains what's happening:

Mighty Charge Buff Node: Fixed the Debuff Immunity to work the same as other immunities (it is unaffected by Ability Accuracy or Purify interactions). The initial Purify is unchanged.

Not a bug, sadly. Kabam changed how Mighty Charge works: before you could use apoc to prevent the purify and the node activation, but now the node will activate even if you prevent the purify, and the subsequent Debuff Immunity obviously removes all existing debuffs. I really dislike this change and i consider it a nerf to my Apoc, but what can I do if not accepting it? :-(

Has this been announced? And if so do you know when?

I get you're saying it's changed, but I'm not seeing any logic behind apocalypse not preventing it, if however it was announced, then maybe it will be expalined there, if not, then maybe it is in fact bugged.
    @Ourbee not sure if you have seen it or not, but the post right before your last has exactly what you asked ^_^
    @te_dua_shum i did miss that previous post, thank you.

Unfortunately, unless I'm missing something, that just reads to me as if it's currently bugged.

The update says the fix was regarding the debuff immunity whilst dashing (that it would be unaffected by ability accuracy or purification interactions like other immunities) and that the initial purify would remain unaffected.

So if there was a debuff already present, then it shouldn't be purified, however they will be immune to any further debuffs whilst dashing (and that can't be affected by ability accuracy or purification interactions just like other immunities).

edited September 2021
    They have just changed the way it works and changed the description again without telling anyone it seems.

If they want to change stuff, thats cool, just communicate the changes clearly.
    @Ourbee You can't place a debuff on a champion immune to it (unless it's Ultron), that's why debuffs get removed. It's like Iron Man Infinity War: you can bleed him, but if he activate an armor effect he will become immune to it and he will remove any pre-existing bleed effect. ^_^

@Ourbee You can't place a debuff on a champion immune to it (unless it's Ultron), that's why debuffs get removed. It's like Iron Man Infinity War: you can bleed him, but if he activate an armor effect he will become immune to it and he will remove any pre-existing bleed effect. ^_^

Then why mention purify at all?

The description has been changed 3 times now, and why mention in the patch notes that initial purify would remain unaffected.

The have different people working on it and each one has a different opinion on how it should work and interact.

It says immune to "future debuffs whilst until the dash ends", not immune to debuffs whilst dashing.
    edited September 2021
    3 descriptions all read differently

• AburaeesAburaees Posts: 514 ★★★
    The mighty charge description can be split into two sentences.

The first sentence describes the purify that apocalypse should not be affected by, however, the second sentence starts with “any debuffs remaining after the purify” - waves at apocalypse - “are removed when the immunity activates”.

In a nutshell, apocalypse is immune to ‘purify’, but he’s not immune to ‘remove’.

In my opinion they should have used ‘cleanse’ if they wanted the effect to include apocalypse.
    Aburaees said:

The mighty charge description can be split into two sentences.

The first sentence describes the purify that apocalypse should not be affected by, however, the second sentence starts with “any debuffs remaining after the purify” - waves at apocalypse - “are removed when the immunity activates”.

In a nutshell, apocalypse is immune to ‘purify’, but he’s not immune to ‘remove’.

In my opinion they should have used ‘cleanse’ if they wanted the effect to include apocalypse.

You're right, and the extra text added removes apocalypse's ability, however there was no mention of that change to mighty charge that I'm aware of, and the patch update suggested the purify would remain unaffected.

Sounds like kabam have different developers with different views, hence the 3 different descriptions.

Just change it to say they become immune to debuffs when dashing if that's the intention. Why mention purify at all.

And more importantly, communicate the change.
    Because Purify and Immunity are two different effects that interacts with different champion, and both happens: when the Debuff Immunity starts the opponent will purify any debuffs, and then become immune to future ones.

Take for example Bishop as an attacker: if the opponent purify a debuff he takes damage, but not when he is immune to it. What happen with Mighty Charge is that if your opponent has a debuff on himself and dash at you he will purify the debuff, take the damage and then becomes immune to future debuffs and won't take damage anymore.
    If kabam didn't wrote anything about the Purify effect you (and with "you" I mean someone, not specifically you) would ask "Why am I doing damage to my opponent?", and if didn't code the Purify effect you would ask "Why am I not doing damage?". The description now seems pretty consistent with how it works.

I would like to note the use of the word "removed" instead or "purified" at the end of the description, to further mark the difference between the two ^_^

Because Purify and Immunity are two different effects that interacts with different champion, and both happens: when the Debuff Immunity starts the opponent will purify any debuffs, and then become immune to future ones.

Take for example Bishop as an attacker: if the opponent purify a debuff he takes damage, but not when he is immune to it. What happen with Mighty Charge is that if your opponent has a debuff on himself and dash at you he will purify the debuff, take the damage and then becomes immune to future debuffs and won't take damage anymore.
    If kabam didn't wrote anything about the Purify effect you (and with "you" I mean someone, not specifically you) would ask "Why am I doing damage to my opponent?", and if didn't code the Purify effect you would ask "Why am I not doing damage?". The description now seems pretty consistent with how it works.

I would like to note the use of the word "removed" instead or "purified" at the end of the description, to further mark the difference between the two ^_^

Thank you.

That actually makes sense, especially with regards to things like bishop

I do think they should change the wording. There's no reason to say immune to future debuffs (as that is where the confusion comes from), just say immune to debuffs whilst dashing (no mention of future).