**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Iphone X - Champs dashing in instead of blocking [Fix in Next Update]

Comments

• TempestTempest Posts: 295
    Draco2199 wrote: »
    Tempest wrote: »
    Tempest wrote: »
    Watched killagrns video about mcoc on different iPhones, he mentioned the weirdly-to-the-left location of the special button but didn't mention the other issues

I dont see a blade or someone that needs to charge block on his team....soooo

Wouldn't every champ require regular blocking?

But anyway, I do have blade as a main champ so I'm definitely rooting for this to be fixed for the X. Even if a subset of people experience these problems, it seems to be a large enough portion to warrant fixing this very quickly. The X is very new, few people have it, but soon many more will and then these threads will blow up.

Its not regular blocking its blocking and holding. Its already a known problem so when people say it doesnt happen on their device I can only laugh.

Maybe it doesn't happen on their device and it only affects a subset of people (I don't have a logical explanation for why this would be, but the bugs I experience seem to be different from my ally mates).

What's the difference between "regular blocking" and "blocking and holding"? To block, I press and hold the left side of the screen, which is the same as when I want to regen for Blade.
  • TempestTempest Posts: 295
    Just stop it, if you play the game its very noticeable and will get your champs killed. It's a bug and thats why its reported so when people come on here and say its not happening they are lying and not helping fix the problem. I can't play AQ or AW with the iphone x because of this and even lose champs when grinding in arena on occasion due to dashing into them. On our chat group theres over 200 people with the issue just in 1 chat group and there are mulitple others. Its a major problem with the release of a new device which they are working on a fix meaning that there is a problem. It's beyond annoying the many many trolls here stating its working perfectly. Either they don't have the phone or they are lying about it. The whole family plan upgraded to iphone x's and 5 out of 5 devices does it plus the countless of others out there that upgraded and now can't use their phone to play the game correctly.

Dude:
    1. Just because some people who have the X don't have the bug, it does not mean they are lying, it just means that not EVERYONE experiences the bug. They are not liars, stop being so self-involved. What makes you think the entire planet has so much time except to "troll" you by lying about their gameplay? LOL, you're the one that is laughable
    2. There are over 200 people with the issue? great, ask them to do their part in sharing their information to get it fixed instead of coming on here and accusing others of lying. Instead of ranting, why not share which specific build model number of iPhone X you have, where you purchased your unit, what version of iOS you are running? No, instead all just crazy ranting.
    3. You mention they are working on a fix? HALLELUJAH! So why are you still complaining?

• All 100% true. I have the iPhone X and the dashing backwards after parry and blocking is driving me insane. Causing me to lose fights that I would normally never lose.
  • Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    edited November 2017
    Any updates on this yet? @Kabam Vydious
  • Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Hey @Draco2199. None yet, but the team has been made aware of this issue, and I made sure they have everyone's details. I'll let you all know once I have an update.
    Kabam Wolf wrote: »
    Hey @Draco2199. None yet, but the team has been made aware of this issue, and I made sure they have everyone's details. I'll let you all know once I have an update.

Thanks for the update
    teal wrote: »
    Well.. at least you have the iPhone X

Yes but still using my old phone to play, would love to play on my new phone but it's way too buggy right now to do anything.
    teal wrote: »
    Well, I hope it gets fixed.

So do I before the Iphone 11 comes out
  • Scare_Reaper2Scare_Reaper2 Posts: 287
    i find it funny people will wait in line for a phone and when they get it doesnt work with the game. What a waste of 1000 dollars i say. glad i don't have the iphone x its a waste of time and money.
  • FreakydFreakyd Posts: 200
    Block then dashing forward has been an android issue for months
  • Scare_Reaper2Scare_Reaper2 Posts: 287
    never said not having one game makes the phone trash....the fact that you paid 1000 dollars for it says a lot.
    i find it funny people will wait in line for a phone and when they get it doesnt work with the game. What a waste of 1000 dollars i say. glad i don't have the iphone x its a waste of time and money.

No one just gets the phone for a game lol. It be nice to play it on the phone but not the reason people go out and buy new stuff. Some people just have money to blow cuz they have a lot of it.
  • I have so many issues, I am actually going to changes the X for the 8+.

I am having issue where I try to attack and the champ dashed backwards, blocking and dodging, cause unpredictable champs responses, I basically have only played arena. Due to frustration of using all of my resources for quests I use to do with ease.

I have so many issues, I am actually going to changes the X for the 8+.

I am having issue where I try to attack and the champ dashed backwards, blocking and dodging, cause unpredictable champs responses, I basically have only played arena. Due to frustration of using all of my resources for quests I use to do with ease.

Yes there are a lot of problems with the X right now, but Kabam feels its necessary to give out warnings for people posting about it instead of looking into the problems apparently.
  • I also believe it all has do with the device, and not the game, I think it has to do with how specifically how the touch and slide work on the X, so if you touch the screen in 2 different spots at once it sends the game all kinds of commands.

I have nocitce if I am holding block I can not dodge back ward unless swipe back on the right side of the screen.

The x will read all inputs to the screen the same, so you swiping and holding on both sides of the screen will prompt any swipe or holding. The X I don’t believe has a left and right side input, it all registers the same no matter what side of the screen you touch. So the X may not be compatible with mcoc since it requires the left and the right side of the screen to register independently of each other.
  • OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★

Who waits in line? The only line I experienced was the line in "online"
  • Same issue here. With the unwanted dashes, and specials not triggering properly. Hope they find a fix for it soon.
  • PaleHauntPaleHaunt Posts: 18
    Hello @Kabam Vydious Anything yet? It's getting out of hand with units to keep up here. We REALLY need a fix for this or at least some official word. Thanks!
  • AllTrillAllTrill Posts: 11
    It's just not the iPhone X. It does this on every device (6+, 7+, 8+, & iPad) I was in AQ and playing a tough champ like hyperion. Then my hulk let go of my block running right into his laser sp1. Please fix
  • It’s much much more prevalent on the iPhone X though. I also have an iPad mini 4 and an iPhone 7 Plus and find the game much more playable on those devices. I can even play on my iPhone X without my champ dashing or throwing punches in the air.
  • PaleHauntPaleHaunt Posts: 18
    The screen on the iPhone X is EXTREMELY sensitive, more so that any other phone I have used. As dumb as this sounds, it's like there's no glass, and you can actually push the images around, so there's ZERO latency in touch. It feels like when you press straight down to block, if your finger tints even the slightest bit to the left of right, and a TINY bit more finger hits the screen, he swipes in that direction. This might be a simple sensitivity issue. Couple that with the UI issue and button placement in the way of swipe gestures, and you have an almost unplayable game. :(
  • The blocks dripping is something lots of players are experiencing. Which is not exclusive to the X, but either no response or erratic champion behavior seems to be exclusively on the X.

With the lack of response from Kabam on this, I guess they are enjoying us burning through resources. Seems to be their forte of late, drain the players, and make hallow appalogizes.
  • B1gG4zB1gG4z Posts: 146
    Make sure when you wrap your hands around the phone the fold of your skin does not touch the ends of the screen, I have a big case on my phone and this cannot happen and I get no problems at all. Maybe the odd medium when I selected a Light etc but nothing major like you guys are seeing.
  • I did a bunch of testing, involving rolling my thumbs.

The slightest roll left or right will cause the champ to dash, dodge , evade or attack in that direction but champs will NOT respond to a second movement unless you pick up your thumb and put it back down.

So rolling your thumbs left and right will cause the champ to stop responding to all inputs unless you lift your thumb off the screen.

I got an update from Apple for software and it has actually help how the game responds
  • Oh forgot also noticed you have to maintain the pressure on the screen while blocking the slightest change in pressure will cause the champ to drop block
  • Anyone trying shutting off 3D Touch?
  • I shut off 3D Touch helps a lot, I recommend doing this
  • Daca1004Daca1004 Posts: 6
    It is very stressful to be not able fight the way i used to, I have spend to much unit to leep up with the game!! Plz fix the issue with the iPhone X is nice to have the latest phone and not be able to play!!!
    I shut off 3D Touch helps a lot, I recommend doing this

I just tried turning it off, no difference. Pretty frustrating.
  • Daca1004Daca1004 Posts: 6
    KABAMMMM PLZ FIX IT!!! THE GAME SUCKS IF I WANNA PLAY ON MY IPHONE X!!!!