**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

True Focus

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,235 ★★★★★

This wouldn't be an issue if the playerbase didn't completely meltdown every time anything about any champ is changed that doesn't benefit the player. Ghost and Quake could have been rebalanced ages ago like they should have and this never would have come up.

they cant because many people ranked them up for their ability to smash many contents. i totally disagree with a nerf and also with this bs node. we can use any champ we want. people saying both should get a nerf are people who doesnt have them/use them. both require a high skill to demolish contents. it's not like they are very easy to play and everyone can master them. so cut the **** about nerfing them and remove this bs node already. instead introduce some new ways to make room for other champions aswell
    It's impossible to create challenging content at this stage in the game, and still allow people to use whoever they want. Creating limits is what adds that challenge.
    it's not?? yeah limits is what that adds challenge but adding a node that disable many utlities from many good and useful champions. they can still create challenging contents without true focus!!!!
    It doesn't disable many utilities. It disables Evade and Miss.
    Yes, you’re right from a black and white point of view. But as a result from that, it does disable many utilities.
    It disables those Abilities. Unless the overall usefulness of the Champs rely heavily on those, it's not that drastic. Elsa for example, she works just fine without the Evade.
    What about someone like Miles. Who’s majority of utility revolves around missing unblockable attacks.

What about Mr Negative, who relies on evade for more than 50% of his damage, and more than half of his utility. (He can’t get more than 10 degens out of 21 max, and can’t get more than 1 petrify out of 2 max, plus he can’t evade counter to get openings)?

What about tigra, who is used for the utility of avoiding projectile attacks from Apoc, P2099, Cable to name a few.

Those are all utilities that are gone due to miss and evade being countered.
    3 Champions, plus 2. So that's 5. Out of 200. Let's add one or two more for argument sake.
    Prior to this, I never even heard people support said Champs in as large a way. This has been highlighted by the Node being added, and people scrambling for the same mechanics. Aside from a few that genuinely liked the Champs out of preference, this is about relying on missing Damage. That's what people are thirsting for. What the message is, is the intention is for people to do that in the hardest content through skill, and not through Miss mechanics.

This wouldn't be an issue if the playerbase didn't completely meltdown every time anything about any champ is changed that doesn't benefit the player. Ghost and Quake could have been rebalanced ages ago like they should have and this never would have come up.

they cant because many people ranked them up for their ability to smash many contents. i totally disagree with a nerf and also with this bs node. we can use any champ we want. people saying both should get a nerf are people who doesnt have them/use them. both require a high skill to demolish contents. it's not like they are very easy to play and everyone can master them. so cut the **** about nerfing them and remove this bs node already. instead introduce some new ways to make room for other champions aswell
    It's impossible to create challenging content at this stage in the game, and still allow people to use whoever they want. Creating limits is what adds that challenge.
    it's not?? yeah limits is what that adds challenge but adding a node that disable many utlities from many good and useful champions. they can still create challenging contents without true focus!!!!
    Yes, you’re right from a black and white point of view. But as a result from that, it does disable many utilities.
    It disables those Abilities. Unless the overall usefulness of the Champs rely heavily on those, it's not that drastic. Elsa for example, she works just fine without the Evade.
    What about someone like Miles. Who’s majority of utility revolves around missing unblockable attacks.

What about Mr Negative, who relies on evade for more than 50% of his damage, and more than half of his utility. (He can’t get more than 10 degens out of 21 max, and can’t get more than 1 petrify out of 2 max, plus he can’t evade counter to get openings)?

What about tigra, who is used for the utility of avoiding projectile attacks from Apoc, P2099, Cable to name a few.

3 Champions, plus 2. So that's 5. Out of 200. Let's add one or two more for argument sake.
    Prior to this, I never even heard people support said Champs in as large a way. This has been highlighted by the Node being added, and people scrambling for the same mechanics. Aside from a few that genuinely liked the Champs out of preference, this is about relying on missing Damage. That's what people are thirsting for. What the message is, is the intention is for people to do that in the hardest content through skill, and not through Miss mechanics.
    doesnt playing ghost and quake require high skill? oh alright 195 left to be played. can they evade special attacks like tigra do? can they miss like ghost do? can they evade like quake do? some of the champions have a piece of utility that cannot be found in other champions. so instead of blabbing and posting your idiocy think before you post something. if they didnt miss mechanic at all they shouldnt have introduce it in the first place. now they did? make some nodes that make other champions a better option. removing them or nerfing them or adding a bs node wont solve anything at all
    That piece of utility is exactly what I was talking about.
  • jamslamjamslam Posts: 9
    People are acting like True Focus is the only node in the game that takes out multiple champions, we all know that not to be the truth but it sure does suit the agenda of those with Quake and Ghost.
  • Lord_MLord_M Posts: 36
    Not sure..
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    jamslam said:

At this point I fully support nerfing the hell out of Ghost and Quake

I hate that I partially agree with you, but true focus is that bad for the game.

My order of preference if Kabam are that desperate to keep a leash on ghost and quake:

1. True focus gone, have a ghost specific and quake specific node
    2. Nerf ghost and quake
    3. Keep true focus

When True Focus first came out, I suggested to Kabam on the thread that they just give Ghost and Quake a special tag and then have a node that gives champs with those tags -100% ability accuracy. They didn’t listen obviously.
    True Focus pisses me off because it neuters so many other champs that I like to play that aren’t anywhere near as powerful as Ghost and Quake (ie Miles, Tigra).
    Also, I have a 6r3 Ghost that I awakened with the class gem from abyss and pumped in 120+ sig stones into her. At this point, I’d be more than happy if they nerf Ghost and give me my resources back like how they did with Namor.
    As for Quake, I hate Quake and literally couldn’t care less about what happens with her.
    The issue I think might have to do with how long Ghost has been out, do they have the ability to see who has her ranked up without manually checking accounts?

I am also not convinced they actually want to nerf Ghost or Quake, I think they want to put emphasis on Kitty for obvious reasons, they are trying to run a business at the end of the day. If they can manipulate people into thinking this is the end of Ghost in new content and the future is with Kitty.. then of course, they will do that.
    No they would have to manually check accounts like they did with Namor and Cull. Just give people the option to sell them and then go from there. I’d definitely sell Ghost and reallocate my resources.
  • ChuckD05ChuckD05 Posts: 173

I don't understand why everyone is up in arms about nodes like this. People love to complain that "challenging content isn't challenging if you can just quake it", but then when challenging content uses true focus to counter quake/ghost, people complain that they can't use quake/ghost.

I get that it's frustrating that true focus counters all miss/evade champs, but there are plenty of characters that don't rely on those mechanics. No one complains that mystic ward prevents you from using all your nullify champs.

Because you’ve prob not given ghost an ag and 200 stones , along with a t5cc. There is no node even remotely close to as wide spread and negativity affecting any mystic. Not even remotely close.

One or two for arguments sake? How generous of you! How about adding as many as there are?

Miles- misses out on utility
    Spidergwen - misses out on utility
    Spider-ham - misses out on utility
    Mr Fantastic - misses out on utility
    Mr Negative- misses out on utility and damage
    Quake - misses out on utility and damage
    Massacre - misses out on utility
    Elsa - misses out on utility
    Ronin - misses out on utility and damage
    Stealthy - misses out on utility
    Prof X - misses out on utility and damage
    Stryfe - misses out on utility and damage
    G2099 - misses out on utility
    Ghost - misses out on utility and damage
    Mysterio - misses out on utility
    Stark Spidey - misses out on utility
    Ultron - misses out on utility
    Vulture - misses out on utility
    Surfer - misses out on utility and damage
    Ebony maw - misses out on utility
    Hood - misses out on utility
    Tigra - misses out on utility and damage

These are all champions that use miss or evade in some form not just for defence. Whether it’s a safety net, way to access utility or way to get damage.

Not to mention, that when we get any other champions buffed with evade and miss they’ll join the list. I haven’t just listed out any champion who uses evade or miss, oh no. These are just the ones that are considered good champions. Think, any Spider-Man, invisible woman, daredevil OG.

So yeah, arguments sake, instead of 5 let’s try 22.
    You're broadening that list of utility to anyone that is affected. I see you.
    Narrow that down to "utility and damage", and we can have a more realistic list. None of which are unplayable. Just less effective.
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★

One or two for arguments sake? How generous of you! How about adding as many as there are?

These are all champions that use miss or evade in some form not just for defence. Whether it’s a safety net, way to access utility or way to get damage.

Not to mention, that when we get any other champions buffed with evade and miss they’ll join the list. I haven’t just listed out any champion who uses evade or miss, oh no. These are just the ones that are considered good champions. Think, any Spider-Man, invisible woman, daredevil OG.

Just take out stealthy, fantastic and g2099. Then this list would be perfect.
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★

Guilly99' miss saved me countless of times.
    Yeah it has saved me too. But it doesn't really affect her usage in any matchup whether you can miss or not.