**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Time for a CQC Challenge with Shang-Chi!

Comments

• CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

A bit drastic to say just because of one Node.

Not when you consider that this node is more likely than not going to show up in a significant portion of endgame content, especially since Kabam said that the purpose of this node is to counter Quake and Ghost.
    Werewrym said:

Seraphion said:

Ghost was my easy R4 choice a few months ago.

I guess I shouldn't do that anymore.
    True focus global node in 7.3 and next V too?

Really lame kabam...

It's absolutely not worth investing in Ghost past r3 anymore. P2099 would be a better tech r4 than her now.
    What do you have against P2099? He's quite good these days.
    Nothing, that was a genuine statement. I have had mine at 6r3 ever since his buff and use him more often than I use Ghost nowadays.
    We don't need to hear that statement over and over. It's not even exact.
    Will it show up? Most likely. All the time? Not necessarily, no. It's a new Node, so it's going to be used, especially at the moment. When that isn't a challenge anymore, it will be something else. Change is the only constant in this game.
    Not really sure how that's relevant to anything I said, but okay.
    The statement that they created the Node to deal with Quake and Ghost explicitly is not accurate. That was never stated in those words.
    As for the rest of my comment, it applies when you're saying it's always going to be in content. That's an exaggeration.
    It's the newest challenge. It won't be in everything.
    When they released the node, they said it was because “two champs have dominated the meta”.
    Where did they say that? I don’t see them saying anything when the node was introduced. The only time they’ve addressed the nodes use was in a specific piece of content, aw boss island, which was some time after it first appeared. There, aw boss island, it is used to counter some specific champions but in general it’s used to counter evade and miss, saying it’s intent is ubiquitously or solely for ghost and quake is a mighty assumption.

Carry on.
    I believe Kabam also said “don’t expect to ghost and quake your way through SoP”. Thought I’m not 100% sure that was intended for true focus.

Do you think Kabam have an issue with evade and miss?
    I believe you’re making it up.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Ebony_Naw said:

That's the point of the Node. Do I think it needs it? Personally it's too over-the-top for my tastes. Chapter 2 is too punsihing for my enjoyment. Still, making it harder is the point of it. Limiting what you can do to counter Nodes is a part of that process. It just happens to be the newest Node that stops people up.

It’s not about making it harder, it’s about removing the wrong champs as options for the wrong reasons. I was gonna use Elsa and Mr Negative for fun. Because I can’t use them, I’ve decided to use probably better options objectively in horseman gambit. He’s amazing for this quest, but I wanted to enjoy myself with Mr Negative and Elsa

I know your opinion on this node, so I’m not gonna debate that. But deep down you know that design choices that reduce fun players can have is not going to be good for a game. Nothing would be game breaking about letting Mr Negative and Elsa into this quest and you know that.

I completely agree options limited make it harder, but only because they limit quake and ghost. Don’t limit other champs too.
    You keep approaching this Node as if it's only to stop Ghost and Quake, but the Node does what it says it does.
    Also, there's no guarantee that we will do a Quest at this level and get to use whoever we want just for fun. Restricting options has been a part of the game as long as I can remember.
    Are we really pretending like True Focus isn’t there only to stop ghost and quake? They need to find another way. Plenty of people have offered solutions. At this point, pick one and burn the code for True Focus.
    You mean like adding Tags that stop those two Champs? Doubtful. They're not going to add a special Tag for two Champs and exclude them.
    The argument I had was that the Node affects other Champs and that wasn't collateral damage. That was how the Node works. I never argued that it wasn't there to stop them. That's obvious. However, this whole presumption that it was only designed for them and that other Champs are "suffering" as a byproduct, is just campaigning. We have a couple comments that people are picking the bones off of, and no actual comment from Kabam.
    What I'm not subscribing to is the idea that they weren't aware other Champs would be affected by it. That's how the Node works. Unless they come out and say something to the effect of "We hear your thoughts and are looking at other options.", then the Node is here and it affects what it affects. There's no use exaggerating it into a major design flaw.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,108 ★★★★★
    Chapter 1 was nice....
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★
    With true focus popping up wouldn't that make kitty and miles useless as well lol
  • Warlord5386Warlord5386 Posts: 245 ★★

Rename this quest to "Corvus Glaive Challenge: Don't Parry or Die!"

I used 5/65 Ægon for almost all of it. Took like 10 revives with some health potions.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Carmel1 said:

A game should be fun but I don't find it enjoyable when not only there are 2-3 champs that can beat it but also the play style of hitting only through block.
    It was also boring to watch YouTubers so I can't even imagine how it feel to actually run it.
    When you see top YouTubers burn items and frustrated during the quest, you know this one is not for you...
    It should have been a local node on one defender at most, but not as global node. (both for close encounters and invade)

And if someone say it was a fun quest, I don't believe him... maybe he's confuse about having fun playing it or happy it finally over.

I used Gambit as a horseman and Nick fury. I really enjoyed it actually, but if you don’t believe me, that’s fine I guess? I suppose I must be lying.

It challenges you to not use block, if that’s outside your comfort zone and you didn’t enjoy then fair enough. But I did enjoy it.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Carmel1 said:

A game should be fun but I don't find it enjoyable when not only there are 2-3 champs that can beat it but also the play style of hitting only through block.
    It was also boring to watch YouTubers so I can't even imagine how it feel to actually run it.
    When you see top YouTubers burn items and frustrated during the quest, you know this one is not for you...
    It should have been a local node on one defender at most, but not as global node. (both for close encounters and invade)

And if someone say it was a fun quest, I don't believe him... maybe he's confuse about having fun playing it or happy it finally over.

2-3 champs that can beat it? Nonsense.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Ebony_Naw said:

A bit drastic to say just because of one Node.

Not when you consider that this node is more likely than not going to show up in a significant portion of endgame content, especially since Kabam said that the purpose of this node is to counter Quake and Ghost.
    Werewrym said:

Seraphion said:

Ghost was my easy R4 choice a few months ago.

I guess I shouldn't do that anymore.
    True focus global node in 7.3 and next V too?

Really lame kabam...

It's absolutely not worth investing in Ghost past r3 anymore. P2099 would be a better tech r4 than her now.
    What do you have against P2099? He's quite good these days.
    Nothing, that was a genuine statement. I have had mine at 6r3 ever since his buff and use him more often than I use Ghost nowadays.
    We don't need to hear that statement over and over. It's not even exact.
    Will it show up? Most likely. All the time? Not necessarily, no. It's a new Node, so it's going to be used, especially at the moment. When that isn't a challenge anymore, it will be something else. Change is the only constant in this game.
    Not really sure how that's relevant to anything I said, but okay.
    The statement that they created the Node to deal with Quake and Ghost explicitly is not accurate. That was never stated in those words.
    As for the rest of my comment, it applies when you're saying it's always going to be in content. That's an exaggeration.
    It's the newest challenge. It won't be in everything.
    When they released the node, they said it was because “two champs have dominated the meta”.
    Where did they say that? I don’t see them saying anything when the node was introduced. The only time they’ve addressed the nodes use was in a specific piece of content, aw boss island, which was some time after it first appeared. There, aw boss island, it is used to counter some specific champions but in general it’s used to counter evade and miss, saying it’s intent is ubiquitously or solely for ghost and quake is a mighty assumption.

Carry on.
    You don’t really believe that, do you? We never see true strike anymore. We never see vigilance. Why not try to counter auto block once in a while? It’s always true focus. What is so OP about miss and evade that they need to be neutered? Other than the fact that it takes out quake and ghost in a single stone.

We know when they are trying to counter ghost and quake they use true focus. We can also understand wanting to counter both in this challenge. It doesn’t take a quantum physicist to conclude intent of a true focus global.
    It’s not some great leap to think that when Kabam gives every champion unblockable specials they might not want Players ignoring those with Miles and Gwen.
    edited September 2021

xNig said:

Carmel1 said:

2-3 champs that can beat it? Nonsense.
    sure, every champ can theoretically beat it since there is nothing truly restricting any champ like bleed or required conditions. but how many can feasibly do it without requiring absurd ai cooperation and luck?

only champs i've seen are thing, aegon(this is whom i used) and corvus, and diablo for shang chi
    That’s because you’ve “seen” too little. Or the people you associate with that play this game have very limited scope in champ usage.

I used Elsa / Tigra / Gulk / NF / KM on my main, and Elsa / Gulk / NF / Aarkus / BWCV on my alt. Weird that you’ve seen none of the champs used. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I can assure you though, after exploring it twice, it isn’t luck.
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    I liked the combination of the nodes except close encounters and invade together.

Ohhh check out that mountain of salt lol