**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Time for a CQC Challenge with Shang-Chi!

Comments

• AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

xNig said:

Carmel1 said:

A game should be fun but I don't find it enjoyable when not only there are 2-3 champs that can beat it but also the play style of hitting only through block.
    It was also boring to watch YouTubers so I can't even imagine how it feel to actually run it.
    When you see top YouTubers burn items and frustrated during the quest, you know this one is not for you...
    It should have been a local node on one defender at most, but not as global node. (both for close encounters and invade)

And if someone say it was a fun quest, I don't believe him... maybe he's confuse about having fun playing it or happy it finally over.

2-3 champs that can beat it? Nonsense.
    sure, every champ can theoretically beat it since there is nothing truly restricting any champ like bleed or required conditions. but how many can feasibly do it without requiring absurd ai cooperation and luck?

only champs i've seen are thing, aegon(this is whom i used) and corvus, and diablo for shang chi
    That’s because you’ve “seen” too little. Or the people you associate with that play this game have very limited scope in champ usage.

I used Elsa / Tigra / Gulk / NF / KM on my main, and Elsa / Gulk / NF / Aarkus / BWCV on my alt. Weird that you’ve seen none of the champs used. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I can assure you though, after exploring it twice, it isn’t luck.
    i stand corrected. it was short sightedness on my part and unwillingness to try other champsions.
  • Thanos1149Thanos1149 Posts: 1,136 ★★★
    Almost everyone who’s completed it has said that Aegon or Corvus or even both were their MVP’s, so if someone doesn’t have either of them at a good rarity/ranked up and isn’t extremely skilled, then it’s gonna be a revive fest for them. It would have been so much better without invade or close encounters, not both because it would have been too easy then ngl. Since close encounters was there in the previous quests and they liked continuing the previous nodes in all the quests after the respective quest, they should have at least removed invade. But we did get some great rewards in the first chapter we almost no effort, so I’m not gonna complain much.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,242 ★★★★★

xNig said:

xNig said:

Carmel1 said:

A game should be fun but I don't find it enjoyable when not only there are 2-3 champs that can beat it but also the play style of hitting only through block.
    It was also boring to watch YouTubers so I can't even imagine how it feel to actually run it.
    When you see top YouTubers burn items and frustrated during the quest, you know this one is not for you...
    It should have been a local node on one defender at most, but not as global node. (both for close encounters and invade)

And if someone say it was a fun quest, I don't believe him... maybe he's confuse about having fun playing it or happy it finally over.

sure, every champ can theoretically beat it since there is nothing truly restricting any champ like bleed or required conditions. but how many can feasibly do it without requiring absurd ai cooperation and luck?

only champs i've seen are thing, aegon(this is whom i used) and corvus, and diablo for shang chi
    That’s because you’ve “seen” too little. Or the people you associate with that play this game have very limited scope in champ usage.

I used Elsa / Tigra / Gulk / NF / KM on my main, and Elsa / Gulk / NF / Aarkus / BWCV on my alt. Weird that you’ve seen none of the champs used. 🤷🏻‍♂️

i stand corrected. it was short sightedness on my part and unwillingness to try other champsions.
    I find that, no offence to you, most of the community likes to pigeon hole themselves into the “if I do not have xxx or yyy champ, I won’t be able to do this quest” mindset. It’s self inflicting and honestly, quite dumb, simply because it puts a laziness cap on themselves for not wanting to “think” and wanting to “follow” instead.

Trust me, once you get out of that mindset, you’ll see a whole world of puzzle challenges that the game offers that can be overcomes by a large portion of defenders, and skill.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Almost everyone who’s completed it has said that Aegon or Corvus or even both were their MVP’s, so if someone doesn’t have either of them at a good rarity/ranked up and isn’t extremely skilled, then it’s gonna be a revive fest for them. It would have been so much better without invade or close encounters, not both because it would have been too easy then ngl. Since close encounters was there in the previous quests and they liked continuing the previous nodes in all the quests after the respective quest, they should have at least removed invade. But we did get some great rewards in the first chapter we almost no effort, so I’m not gonna complain much.

Breaking news! Difficult content with great rewards is difficult !

I used horseman gambit and Nick fury. There are plenty of options if you use your roster. If you don’t have the options, maybe this one isn’t for you.

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★

It's supposed to be for people that are extremely skilled. The biggest hurdle is not relying on Block, but there's been a fair amount of content that has required that. Some Perfect Block works as well. Guardian for one.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Is there any value in GHulk with Face Me or Dragon Man with sp3 for this?
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    TyEdge said:

Is there any value in GHulk with Face Me or Dragon Man with sp3 for this?

Ghulk works for sunspot fight.
  • SpaceRouteSpaceRoute Posts: 1
    nice
  • StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★

I used horseman gambit and Nick fury. There are plenty of options if you use your roster. If you don’t have the options, maybe this one isn’t for you.

Great rewards 😳

Summer of had great rewards du to the difficulty.
    This has standard rewards for a difficulty nearly the level of summer of pain
    Stellar said:

Great rewards 😳

Summer of had great rewards du to the difficulty.
    This has standard rewards for a difficulty nearly the level of summer of pain
    1) did you consider that SoP rewards may be WAY above average in terms of rewards for its difficulty? And this champ challenge might be a bit closer to what it’s supposed to be

2) SoP was made much easier by the fact that we could restart fights over and over to get the perfect run. You can’t compare the difficulty like for like because they’re such different content forms.

This challenge is a units fest, boring hitting into block and kabam low on money. I will not be doing this challenge rather save my units for other content

You know you don’t need to hit into block?
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,242 ★★★★★

xNig said:

xNig said:

xNig said:

Carmel1 said:

I find that, no offence to you, most of the community likes to pigeon hole themselves into the “if I do not have xxx or yyy champ, I won’t be able to do this quest” mindset. It’s self inflicting and honestly, quite dumb, simply because it puts a laziness cap on themselves for not wanting to “think” and wanting to “follow” instead.

Trust me, once you get out of that mindset, you’ll see a whole world of puzzle challenges that the game offers that can be overcomes by a large portion of defenders, and skill.
    yeah. i agree. tried diff champs like killmonger and he works exceptionally well
    That’s great to hear.

All the best dude.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    Rillian said:

Rillian said:

It's supposed to be for people that are extremely skilled. The biggest hurdle is not relying on Block, but there's been a fair amount of content that has required that. Some Perfect Block works as well. Guardian for one.
    How did you pick your team for this challenge?
    Eenie meenie mynie mo.
    I have lurked for a while and have long suspected your skills might be on a level with swedeah and msd.

Would you consider starting a YouTube channel, giving yourself a platform to get your wisdom out to a wider audience?

I was being sarcastic. I skipped Chapter 2. I didn't have the patience. That doesn't mean I'm not aware of the intention of the content.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,170 ★★★★★
    Planning to use Corvus. Any reason not to run double edge and liquid courage?
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

Planning to use Corvus. Any reason not to run double edge and liquid courage?

None at all. As long as you have charges you won't die from Suicide masteries.
  • Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,819 ★★★★★
    Just finished with corvus, wags, wags, proxima and Aegon. Aegon wasn’t needed at all, corvus did all fights. Used 10 revives due to aggressive AI but that’s totally fine.

15k more shards in the bank for Hercules
  • SpeedbumpSpeedbump Posts: 1,520 ★★★
    Bye Felicia....
  • TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,748 ★★★★★
    So aside from all the useless banter in this thread, does anyone have information to share on how many revives/units were used to complete?
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

Carmel1 said:

What other champions to use for this besides Corvus and Aegon? Maybe Hercules and Immortal Hulk who non crystal buyers like myself don't have access to.