**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Black Bolt Update Concept

ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
So last month I decided to test my creative skills and I presented a potential Storm rework concept. So I decided to focus on another one of my favorites who I've have felt had was long overdue for some TLC..

Black Bolt:

Passive:
•Inhuman physiology makes Black Bolt immune to all Poisons in the Battlerealm.

•Black Bolts intense mental discipline and telepathic abilities make him immune to telepathic attacks and reverse control.

(In the comics, Black Bolt has not only physically trained himself to control his powers but also mentally trained himself to the point that he develops psychic shielding and even minor telepathy)

While fighting:
•The ruler of Attilan has trained since childhood to keep his emotions in check.

•Start each fight with 1 non stacking Physical Resistance and Precision buff that are both removed whenever Black Bolt is knocked down by heavy attack or special.

•When knocked down, Black Bolt allows his emotions to flow free, gaining 2 Cruelty buffs for 10 seconds. When Cruelty has either been removed or expired, a 9-second cool down refreshes his original Physical Resistance and Precision buffs.

(In the comics, Black Bolt actually channels his powers back into his body which in turn increases his physical resiliency and increases his strength making him the strongest of all the Inhumans. So Translating that into game mechanics, the more focused he is, the more critical damage he'll do in the fight and when he lets loose will instead do outright burst damage)

•Special attacks refresh all active Fury and Cruelty buffs.

•Updated Synergy:

"Behold.. The Inhumans!"
(Black Bolt, Medusa, Karnak, Quake, Kamala Khan, Coming soon)

Start the fight with 1 permanent passive Fury buff increasing attack by +500 for each Inhuman on the team.

Illuminati
(Black Bolt, Iron Man, Namor, Mr Fantastic, Prof X, Dr Strange)

"The knowledge share between the Illuminati gives each member an Insight buff lasting 30 seconds at the beginning of each fight."

I had not really figured out how to design any new animations for some of his attacks but I figured as long as they changed either Iron Patriot or Black Bolt's SP2, I'd be happy regardless of the outcome. I know it's not as in-depth as it could have been but I figured this was a great jumping-off point. But by all means I would appreciate feedback or some ideas. Thanks for your time.

Comments

• ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,144 ★★★★★
    So the whole gimmick is that you want to get knocked down?
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★

So the whole gimmick is that you want to get knocked down?

Actually my intention was just so he'd be good no matter what happens. If you got knocked down you'd have some cruelty to start dealing back some punishment but if you play it perfectly without getting hit, you get more crit damage.