**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Another true focus post...

R1s02R1s02 Posts: 274 ★★
So imo you should remove true focus and just add like a no evade node, just for quake. Both ghost and quake are hard to play and quake is much better than ghost, so only she needs to be shut down. Ghost should still have some time to shine, and what about all the other miss champs like stryfe tigra Kitty pride etc.
P.S this post has definitely not been made bc I just pulled a 5* ghost after 3 years-

Comments

• QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★
    edited September 2021
    Even that shuts down other evade champions besides quake. It would have to be more specific to quake, something like "when the attacker charges a heavy the defender gains a true strike buff, this ability cannot be altered by ability accuracy reduction"
  • Scarcity27Scarcity27 Posts: 1,906 ★★★★★
    Qacob said:

Even that shuts down other evade champions besides quake. It would have to be more specific to quake, something like "when the attacker charges a heavy the defender gains a true strike buff, this ability cannot be altered by ability accuracy reduction"

Or, just create nodes called Un-Quake-Able and Un-Ghost-Able.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    We already have champion specific nodes benefitting champions. Just create some that are against Quake and Ghost.
    edited September 2021
    Qacob said:

Qacob said:

That is exactly the same in principle, but idk why it worries me. The thought of a node directed at one specified champion is concerning. Who knows when "Dr Doom gains -100% ability accuracy in this fight" node comes out.

I get that it doesn't actually make a difference but calling out a specific champion to make unusable seems like a slippery slope to me
    In essence, that's what they're trying to do anyway. The description you gave was basically a euphemism for what I said. I don't think it's good for the game if Kabam goes out of their way to nerf good champions, while adversely affecting other champions, but unless they decide to give up the idea and let Quake and Ghost be, I don't see any other way to allow other champions to retain their usability.

Qacob said:

Qacob said:

That is exactly the same in principle, but idk why it worries me. The thought of a node directed at one specified champion is concerning. Who knows when "Dr Doom gains -100% ability accuracy in this fight" node comes out.

I get that it doesn't actually make a difference but calling out a specific champion to make unusable seems like a slippery slope to me
    In essence, that's what they're trying to do anyway. The description you gave was basically a euphemism for what I said. I don't think it's good for the game if Kabam goes out of their way to nerf good champions, while adversely affecting other champions, but unless they decide to give up the idea and let Quake and Ghost be, I don't see any other way to allow other champions to retain their usability.
    As I said, I am fully aware my description was the same as yours. But the wording on yours is dangerous. Having it worded like that gives the impression that kabam are just able to say "this champion does not work here" and get away with it just fine because it was "okay with ghost and quake"
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Qacob said:

"when the attacker charges a heavy the defender gains a true strike buff, this ability cannot be altered by ability accuracy reduction but can be shut down by being Mr Negative"

FTFY

edited September 2021

Qacob said:

"when the attacker charges a heavy the defender gains a true strike buff, this ability cannot be altered by ability accuracy reduction but can be shut down by being Mr Negative"

FTFY

Lol I don't know Mr.N's abilities at all. Yeah youd have to make sure it only affected quake, or at least only drastically affected quake.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Qacob said:

Qacob said:

FTFY

Lol I don't know Mr.N's abilities at all. Yeah youd have to make sure it only effected quake, or at least only drastically effected quake.
    Yeah he evades by charging heavy, when he came out I thought wow that’s so cool he evades exactly like quake!

Now I think, ugh, that’s so bad he evades exactly quake
    Qacob said:

Qacob said:

Qacob said:

As I said, I am fully aware my description was the same as yours. But the wording on yours is dangerous. Having it worded like that gives the impression that kabam are just able to say "this champion does not work here" and get away with it just fine because it was "okay with ghost and quake"
    In my defense, I was half joking, but what you're saying makes sense. Any other way the True Focus issue could be alleviated?

Qacob said:

Qacob said:

FTFY

Lol I don't know Mr.N's abilities at all. Yeah youd have to make sure it only effected quake, or at least only drastically effected quake.
    Yeah he evades by charging heavy, when he came out I thought wow that’s so cool he evades exactly like quake!

Now I think, ugh, that’s so bad he evades exactly quake
    Oh that sucks. I can't believe I'm saying that being like quake sucks. What a world, eh.

Also you quoted me before my edit and exposed my bad grammar :/
  • R1s02R1s02 Posts: 274 ★★
    Also I have quake as a 5* too, and I was finna do spidey UUDD w her just to practice. So I have an opinion on both. Quakr should be shut down, but not ghost. Cmon man 3 years of opening and hunting only to be smacked by a true focus node.
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★

Nice pull. Ghost is still VERY helpful for exploring permanent content (such as act 6/7 and variants) but Kabam should just add an overpowered tag or something. That makes the most sense.

actually, since they have the champion restriction ability in champion select for each quest, they could easily "ban" certain "cheese" champs for "SELECT" content .. from time to time ..

ie Ghost, Quake, Ronan, Namor .. etc.

Depending on the targets, the nodes, whatever .. if they feel a certain champ will "cheese it" too easily, they could just simply ban that champion during champ select .. easy ..

Make it clear .. be up front and honest about it .. and not this underhanded, sneaky "oh we'll just add this node here" kinda **** . :pensive:
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,203 ★★★★★
    Just a troll post. Go easy on OP, Lol
    Congrats on the ghost.. she still wrecks.
  • Camby01Camby01 Posts: 572 ★★
    The biggest problem, imo, is that they are trying to have it both ways. Create, promo OP champs to make money, then take away the OP using nodes, gates, or whatever.
  • IcePickIcePick Posts: 212
    I play ghost without any synergies and she is still a top 5 champ If you know how to user her. With synergies she is so much better than Corvus, Hyperion, NF etc that it’s embarrassing - almost like she was the daughter of the kabam CEO

Quake is broken and always has been. She does weak damage and has no immunities, but can beat 99 percent of the games content easily - just in the most boring way possible.

It makes sense they would want to make new content to counter these 2 champs. But why tigra? Why spider morales? These 2 are useless without that mechanic and aren’t cheat codes with it