**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Latest personal cosmic rank (cliche thread)

AddictorAddictor Posts: 355 ★★★
edited September 2021 in General Discussion
I know I’m gonna get so many disagrees. But that’s ok. I still think Corvus is the best cosmic champ who covers so many scenarios in the game.
Since 6 star version of hype and Medusa have been added. My cosmic rank is:
1 corvus
2 Hercules
3 Hyperion
4 CGR
5 CMM
6 medusa
7 Angela
8 Odin
9 venom
10 pending

Comments

• TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    i'm just going to tell you right now, whatever cosmic tier list you make, SOMEONE will be unhappy with it
  • AddictorAddictor Posts: 355 ★★★
    Qacob said:

Honestly whether this list is based on suicides or not makes a huge, huge difference.

It’s based on suicides. Suicides mastery has been more and more crucial in the game.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    edited September 2021
    Mine:

Top 4: Corvus, Hercules, CGR, Hyperion (Not in any specific order, don't want to get into ranking them, my mind changes all the time)

5) Angela
    6) Venom
    7) Venompool
    8) CMM
    9) Medusa
    10) Odin
    edited September 2021

Mine:

Top 4: Corvus, Hercules, CGR, Hyperion (Not in any specific order, don't want to get into ranking them, my mind changes all the time)

5) Angela
    6) Venom
    7) Venompool
    8)Odin
    9) Medusa
    10) CMM

Appreciate you also regard corvus as the candidate for top 1 cosmic. He deserves it. Map5–7, incursions, eq, etc. He is still best of the best.
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    If you could pick any 4 cosmics at Max sig, 3/45; corvus and Hercules would probably be in everyone's list. Probably Hyperion too...

But, the next 2/3 are tougher. Could easily see an argument for Angela, Odin and venom over CGR and CMM *if you already had Corvus and Hercules at 3/45 and possibly Hyperion*.
    Qacob said:

Addictor said:

Qacob said:

Honestly whether this list is based on suicides or not makes a huge, huge difference.

It’s based on suicides. Suicides mastery has been more and more crucial in the game.
    Which do you hear more often?

“Oh I have to put suicides on for this path”

Or “oh I have to take off suicides for this path” ?

Suicides are less versatile, and in a game with hundreds of thousands of combinations of champions, nodes, bosses and paths you need versatility.

Nothing against suicides, but it’s never a case that you *have* to put suicides on. I don’t run suicides and I’ve completed every single piece of content in the game, there’s never been a fight I have been unable to do because of suicides. But you hear a lot people saying, damn, I need to take suicides off.
    I havent even unlocked suicides and don't plan to, yet my next r3 will be Claire. I've always thought "so what if my fight takes longer and I do less damage, at least I get to live"

Never been an arena grinder though. That's the only place that suicides are really worth having imo
    That makes sense. I use suicides all day long as an arena grinder
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Addictor said:

Qacob said:

Addictor said:

Qacob said:

Suicides are less versatile, and in a game with hundreds of thousands of combinations of champions, nodes, bosses and paths you need versatility.

Nothing against suicides, but it’s never a case that you *have* to put suicides on. I don’t run suicides and I’ve completed every single piece of content in the game, there’s never been a fight I have been unable to do because of suicides. But you hear a lot people saying, damn, I need to take suicides off.
    I havent even unlocked suicides and don't plan to, yet my next r3 will be Claire. I've always thought "so what if my fight takes longer and I do less damage, at least I get to live"

Never been an arena grinder though. That's the only place that suicides are really worth having imo
    That makes sense. I use suicides all day long as an arena grinder
    That doesn’t make suicides crucial smh
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,063 ★★★★★

can confirm. corvus is the best cosmic. i have researched a lot on this topic.

Have you researched from both hercules and corvus’s sides?
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

Qacob said:

Addictor said:

Qacob said:

I've always thought "so what if my fight takes longer and I do less damage, at least I get to live"
    Yep, completely agree. I absolutely get why people run suicides, more damage is great, quicker fights are great. But for me, the loss of utility and versatility in fights isn't worth it being quicker. If you need insane power control you might not be able to use Doom, if you're on 5% health and you can't use a special that could KO you, things like special delivery screw you over, heal block screws you over, encroaching stun is made harder.

There are countless more examples. It also makes certain champions bad, like Doom, Professor X, Apoc, Spider-Gwen, where if you use them with suicides, they lose all their health, or you can't get their utility. (Also makes DDNF downright impossible, but I don't know if I want to open that particular can of worms). But if you don't run suicides, there is no champion that is unplayable. There are champions who clearly wouldn't get the benefit from suicides like Omega, Diablo, Ghost etc, but can anyone tell me that those champions need suicides? I've used all 3 and (not to brag) but I've used them to good effect.

Apart from increased attack, there is one pro I'd give to suicides you don't get without suicides which is when champions are resistant to bleed/poison, as you can heal with them. Sometimes for those like Omega Red and Corvus it is to offset the suicides damage, as you'll heal about 10% at the start of the fight, so enough for 2 specials to cancel out that heal. (please correct me if I'm wrong I've just looked at a few YouTube vids of it). But then champs like Diablo (and Kitty Pryde to some extent) just heal the whole time, which is a crazy benefit, and pulling him last week has made me regret not having suicides, literally only for that reason.

The last point I'd make is champs like Ghost, I-Hulk, and again Kitty Pryde and Diablo, who remove the recoil aspect. Ghost and Kitty can phase the damage, I-Hulk takes it as gamma which is crazy good, and Diablo reduces it while poisoned. Those are the few champs that ignore suicides cons, and amplify the pros.

So yeah, that ended up longer than I thought, but that's my take on suicides, I tried to make it as balanced as I can, since it's easy for me to say suicides bad. I just think the cons of versatility and utility in terms of playstyle and champion use being lost far outweighs a few champs (easily usable without suicides as well) being better.

Though without suicides, arena is even more painful than it already is lol
    Exactly how I see/think of suicides.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★
    I respect your opinion, no need to hate you.
    My list is:
    1) Venom
    2) CGR
    3) Hype
    4) Venompool
    5) idk yet

Just like yours it is highly subjective and easy to disagree with. But as ancient romans used to say, De Gustas non es disputandum.
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    I agree corvus is the best cosmic. But my boi herc is also really awesome 👌. I am happy that community and kabam together made a right decision in making him a god that he is now.😇
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    I've been using Herc in most of the places I'd usually use Corvus. Didn't think I would, but I do.

Still pissed it took them a month of us playing against him in EQ and buying his crystals before saying 'Whoops, that ability was a bug' without even a word of warning.

Gripe aside, not gonna bother listing mine. The top 10 are roughly the same top 10 for everybody, it's just the order that's different. Top Cosmics play a variety of roles, so it depends on what you're doing at the time.

Like, my favorite cosmic is still CGR. He can get neutered by many nodes, but I put a really high value on how much time he saves me in straightforward content.

I agree corvus is the best cosmic. But my boi herc is also really awesome 👌. I am happy that community and kabam together made a right decision in making him a god that he is now.😇

I also have herc as 6. Yes he is such a banger. His downsides are no authentic immunity and he requires a lot of intercepts which is not friendly for new or progression players
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,797 ★★★★★
    Bruh the amount of people sleeping on king groot on this thread.

Not even a single mention of him on the bottom 5, when an argument can be made to put him above angela.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    GagoH said:

Not even a single mention of him on the bottom 5, when an argument can be made to put him above angela.

Uhhh tbh, I did forget completely about him. Not one of my best moments since he was literally my most recent major rank up. :|
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Addictor said:

I also have herc as 6. Yes he is such a banger. His downsides are no authentic immunity and he requires a lot of intercepts which is not friendly for new or progression players
    Oh I want him so much. I was one of the few vocal people here on the forums who was on herc's side. When I was campaigning for herc everyone was telling me that he will be just a fury armor break champion and now see what a beast he is.
    But I know that I won't get him even when he comes in the featured. My luck is just mostly trash.🥲
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,063 ★★★★★
    GagoH said:

Can be made but hasn’t and still hasn’t
  • sherin_66sherin_66 Posts: 242 ★★

Hercules: bleed/poison resistance, stun immunity, infuriate, true sense, cruelty/precision that lasts 15+ seconds, indestructible on sp3 to tank an sp3, and armor penetration. Immortality and passive unblockable when awakened (immortality can be extended based on how aggressive you are).

Corvus: guaranteed crits, armor breaks, unblockable sp2, power control with sp2 (if opponent is at 3 bars of power), and glaive charges that can minimize bleed/coldanap/shock damage. Passive immortality when awakened, lasting as long as you have glaive charges.

Hyperion: poison immunity, regen, incinerates, armor break, insane power gain, passive cosmic potential, furies. Extended buffs with sig, increasing his damage output substantially.

Cosmic ghost rider: great power control, heal block, fate seal, bleed/incinerate immune, incinerates, armor breaks, cruelty/precision, vigilance, aptitude, power gain, fury, and every buff and debuff being very potent.

Angela: regen, armor up, fury, precision, armor break, aptitude. Sig grants her opponent less nullify, auto block ability accuracy, and damaging debuff duration for each buff on angela.

Imo the list goes:
    Hercules
    Corvus
    Hyperion
    Angela (ready for the disagrees)
    CGR

But i find it better to compare the last 5 cosmics since it’s clear who the top 5 are anyway.
    Knull
    Venom
    Venompool
    Anti venom
    Red goblin

The absolute disrespect to CMM by not including her is gut-wrenching.
  • GoddessIliasGoddessIlias Posts: 706 ★★★★
    Neither CMM nor venom deserves consideration tbh. It’s Corvus Herc CGR and hype leading the class (in no particular order, that’s subjective) and everyone else is a solid light year behind
  • yuwyuw Posts: 316 ★★
    i would rank 3 cgr,hyperion and hercules, everyone else can stay at rank 2 until if resources are expiring
  • IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Posts: 1,637 ★★★★
    1. CGR
    2. Herc
    3. Corvus
    4. Hype
    5. Angela
    6. CMM
    7. Venom
    8. Surfer
    9.Odin
    10. Terrax
    Honorable mentions: Medusa, venompool

I don’t use suicides, and I don’t have herc at all, but I have seen and heard great things about him. Hype and Corvus can be pretty interchangeable for me. I really like Corvus, but his immortality just dosn’t work for me as well as I think Herc’s does. He also has a limit/timer on his main damage which can get annoying some times.
  • AidenTheWiseAidenTheWise Posts: 311 ★★
    sherin_66 said:

Hercules: bleed/poison resistance, stun immunity, infuriate, true sense, cruelty/precision that lasts 15+ seconds, indestructible on sp3 to tank an sp3, and armor penetration. Immortality and passive unblockable when awakened (immortality can be extended based on how aggressive you are).

Corvus: guaranteed crits, armor breaks, unblockable sp2, power control with sp2 (if opponent is at 3 bars of power), and glaive charges that can minimize bleed/coldanap/shock damage. Passive immortality when awakened, lasting as long as you have glaive charges.

Hyperion: poison immunity, regen, incinerates, armor break, insane power gain, passive cosmic potential, furies. Extended buffs with sig, increasing his damage output substantially.

Cosmic ghost rider: great power control, heal block, fate seal, bleed/incinerate immune, incinerates, armor breaks, cruelty/precision, vigilance, aptitude, power gain, fury, and every buff and debuff being very potent.

Angela: regen, armor up, fury, precision, armor break, aptitude. Sig grants her opponent less nullify, auto block ability accuracy, and damaging debuff duration for each buff on angela.

Imo the list goes:
    Hercules
    Corvus
    Hyperion
    Angela (ready for the disagrees)
    CGR

But i find it better to compare the last 5 cosmics since it’s clear who the top 5 are anyway.
    Knull
    Venom
    Venompool
    Anti venom
    Red goblin

The absolute disrespect to CMM by not including her is gut-wrenching.
    Fr bruh CMMs sp2 is one of the most satisfying specials to throw especially since you can use it literally like 3 seconds after the fight starts. This is coming from someone with no 5* CGR or Corvus btw