**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

A hot take on Odin

LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
Odin is the Apocalypse of the cosmic class.

1. Makes others in the same class godly (well documented Hela gameplay)
2. Great on his own (although the pic below is with Heimdal and Angela and Odin at r1)

Comments

• TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
    He's definetly a fun champion. I give you that.
    I just wish I could pull him 5* beyond, instant maxing
  • Ted_n00bgentTed_n00bgent Posts: 527 ★★★
    Does he need to be awakened? I just pulled him and have a cosmic 4>5 gem I could use but I know nothing of this man and what he is capable of. I was going to use it on cmm but if there's an argument for odin I'd be willing to listen.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    Is there any effective rotation on Odin? Thanks.
  • Reference said:

Is there any effective rotation on Odin? Thanks.

The rotation I use is heavy, heavy, sp1, heavy, sp3, heavy, sp2 for long fights. And for regular fights: heavy, heavy, sp1, heavy, sp2. The only downside is having to stay close, but he is a great evade counter.
    That all seems like a pain.
  • OmedennOmedenn Posts: 863 ★★★

It’s easier than it sounds!

• Player_SlasherPlayer_Slasher Posts: 156 ★★
    Ye Odin's pretty decent, the larger the healthpools the more effective he is, very decent burst damage that is not limited by damage caps as well, plus his Armor, True Strike and Bulwark all make for great utility and survivability.

OP I'd try maximizing his buff rotation though, you're missing out on the two buffs on SP1 and the Extend Buff on SP3, they both raise the SP2 burst damage even more. Being aggressive helps them stayin paused and refresh with an Odinforce SP2.

His pre-fights and synergies are not as impactful as Apocalypse's though imo. Odin mainly helps out Hela, and to a lesser extent some other champs like Ghost, Angela, Surfer and Red Goblin, while Apocalypse can give a significant bump to most if not all Mutants.
  • MordMord Posts: 111 ★★
    I wouldn't call him the cosmic apocalypse, but I find him great as well. Very (very!) tanky, specially after sp3 doubling his permanent armor up, and great reliable direct damage from sp2. Being able to keep almost 100% uptime in true strike is neat too.

Also, in normal short-mid fights you don't need to stress yourself with his main rotation to still have good damage.

Here's a fantastic video about him by daddylonglegs:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ns3RqDaRk1Y
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,152 ★★★★★
    Odin is a lot better than people realize. Easy rotation. I took my unawakened Odin to 6sr2. He’ll go to r3 eventually. I already have Corvus and CGR at r3, so I haz priorities.
  • Geralt_123Geralt_123 Posts: 595 ★★★
    He is just an amazing champ.
    Counters too many nodes with his burst damage like Safeguard,Abyss or Labyrinth damage cap.Easy access of true strike.Access to huge fury buff and and huge block proficiency due to heavy armor ups.Energize buff by which you can fire back to back sp.Larger the health pool,greater the burst damage.
    Too much fun to play and these are just his own utilities and his cross-fight abilities are just super cool.He is also a great example of well rounded champ.
    Try him out and you will fall in love with him and always sing the song Thunder...Thunder...Thunder!
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    GagoH said:

Lpoo said:

Actually only Hela.
    Apocalypse can boost up Archangel, Wolverine, Storm, Cable etc
    Yeah i think cosmic apoc is a reach since odin lacks individual utility compared to Apoc
    And he doesn't benefit others as much. Still a solid champion though.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,904 ★★★★★

Lpoo said:

Actually only Hela.
    I run Odin with my Silver Surfer. The pre-fights make Surfer hit me extremely hard as he gets extra red number damage per buff on him. I’m sure there are others with similar interactions.
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,610 ★★★★★
    Shangi chi close quarters shows how op Odin cross fight ability is, that protection buff should not be underrated.

The thing with writing out champ rotations is often it can seem way over the top, complex and long to do. But when you actually do it yourself or see someone do it, it’s very simple.

Take Doom for example, it’s hard to properly explain Doom cycle in a concise way but when you do it, it’s really simple
    Yeah, that's a good point. I'll give it a go.
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★

Lpoo said:

Actually only Hela.
    Also gives Red Goblin insane potential, Incinerate Heavy Spam for days and Permanent Aptitude boosts his Energize Buff.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Odin is an amazing champ no doubt, but he isn't the cosmic Apoc because his Norseman ability isn't as powerful as Apoc's Horseman ability.
    I have mine at 6r2 sig20 and I will be taking him up to 6r3 once I form my next cosmic t5cc. He's very fun to play and has fantastic damage. The downside to him is that he only has his max damage every other fight
  • NickChiNickChi Posts: 111
    First thought: Odin great

Second thought: Odin is better than Ghost

Third thought:
    Why is WS head in the wall?
  • LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    NickChi said:

Third thought:

Odin smash
    Lpoo said:

NickChi said:

Third thought:

Odin smash
    Lol
    Shouldn’t it be hulk smash
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    He's a disappointment. He's not bad. Heck, I'd say he's good -- but that doesn't mean he's not disappointing.

I guess I'm saying I feel he should've been the Cosmic Apoc.
    I brought Odin to EQ and try out rotations as advised by Pin_the_AvengerPGT17 and Rookiie ytd, both are effective and good to use. Regrading his synergy partner, I don’t have Surfer above 4* and I’m not intended to rank up my 5* Hela further atm, instead I’ll test out with my r4 5* Angela and OG Thor and see who is better for max out.
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,684 ★★★★★
    Reference said:
    You're most, most welcome! I am not sure if Odin applying his own pre-fight buffs to himself increase his damage, but that's also something you can try! Cheers @Reference