**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Alliance War Tier System Needs an Overhaul

2»

Comments

• It’s a simple concept.
    T1 - 0.1%
    T2 - 1%
    T3 - 5%

Etc. It says somewhere when you click on the tiers and I’m not in game so the numbers might be slightly out but it roughly corresponds to T1 = top ½ of P1+, T2 is to the bottom 5/10 of P2, Not sure how far T3 goes, not been down there in a long time but probably the border of P3.

If a T2 alliance drops enough wars to fall out of that T2 bracket then they’ll become a T3 alliance and in exchange for them losing their T2 status, a T3 alliance will become T2. It’s promotion/relegation on a match by match basis. It’s harder around the bracket borders because it’s likely that the T3 alliance will be playing a T2 alliance, effectively to take their spot unless the matchmaking throws a wobbly and gives you a stupid match ups. The other issue is that that T2 alliance will have a good idea that the war is a must win and will boost to their eyeballs to stay up.

Just think of it like a football table writ large and no end of season promotion/relegation.
  • Crys23Crys23 Posts: 736 ★★★★

QuikPik said:

At no point in the higher tiers does a win in the tier below not net you more points than a loss in the tier above.

Tier 1 Loss 1,280,000
    Tier 2 Win 1,330,000
    Tier 2 Loss 1,120,000
    Tier 3 Win 1,140,000
    Tier 3 Loss 960,000
    Tier 4 Win 855,000
    Tier 4 Loss 720,000
    Tier 5 Win 760,000

The problem is the large multiplier difference between the 2 tiers. I think if Kabam made the tier 4 multiplier x5 things would be better.

I agree. It’s confusing why there’s such a huge jump from tier 4 to tier 3 of 1.5%. Then tier 3 to 2 is only 1% and tier 2 to 1 is only 1%. Tier 5 to 4 is only 0.5%. Why the huge jump in the middle?
    I think thats because tier 3 alliances play on Expert map and tier 4 plays on Challenger. Harder map/nodes, more points even if you lose because it requires more effort/resources/planning/coordination.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    grfvb said:

Tiers and season brackets are two different things. There's no such thing as a plat 4 or plat 1 alliance. Those rankings are just the culmination of 12 wars worth of season points. Your tier is solely based on your war rating and determines your scoring

if you dont play any wars during season, your war rating is unaffected?
    If the alliance never enlists then yes the rating doesn't change
  • DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Is my math correct or am I missing something?

What you're missing is that your point multiplier is based on war tier, not season bracket. A tier 4 alliance can win all their wars and lose to a tier 3 alliance that loses all their wars only if their multipliers are frozen, which they are not. In reality, a tier 4 alliance that wins all their wars won't be in tier 4 for an entire season, and neither will a tier 3 that loses all their wars. A tier 4 that keeps winning will eventually overtake a tier 3 that keeps losing because eventually the tier 4 will become tier 3 and vice versa.
    I think my issue is I need an explanation on what the different point values are used for and what determines your war bracket.

When we win a war we get +xx that increases our war rating. As far as I see that number is only used to match you to another alliance during matchmaking to a similar rated alliance, regardless if they’re in different brackets.

Then there’s the total season points which are based off your tier bracket for the point multiplier that determine season rewards.

What do we need to improve to move up tiers or to platinum 3? Last season we won 5 wars in a row during the season and are still platinum 4 tier 4. That’s the same rank we are now and this season we’re 6-3.

What determines how you move up war ranks? I can’t find any explanation with the new points structure how to move up or down. Should we focus on just getting the win to increase our war rating or focus on getting the most points for exploring the maps?
    War rating determines your war tier, and thus your point multiplier. War rating is ultimately determined by your win/loss record. Win more, and you get a higher rating, lose, and you get a lower rating. War rating is a measure of how strong you are, compared to the competition.

War bracket is determined by how much points you score, which is a measure of how well you execute each war and how strong you and your competition is. If you're in a higher rating alliance and your competition is also in a higher rating alliance, your point multipliers will be higher and you'll score more points.

Imagine a group of very weak alliances all fighting each other. They all beat each other about half the time, so they go six and six during a season. Now imagine a group of super strong alliances all fighting each other, and also beating each other about half the time and going six and six during a season. Most people would say that the average strong alliance that went 6-6 fighting against top tier competition worked a lot harder for that record than the average weak alliance that also went 6-6 and ended with the same record. Both alliances will end the season at or near the same war rating, because they won and lost an even amount of wars. But the strong alliances will score more points because they had the higher multiplier, so they earn more points per war, win or lose, than weaker alliances with much lower rating.

This is intentional. If you want to earn more season rewards, you need to score more points. To score more points you need to face harder competition. To face harder competition you need to win more than you lose, so your war rating goes up, and you face alliances with similarly higher rating.
    I went back and reread your note. This makes sense now. I was unintentionally tying the tier multiplier to the bracket ranks and they’re mutually exclusive to the population of alliances. Tier levels apply to every alliance at every level and not just within each bracket. Brackets gold, platinum, master are determined by the season points.

So if Jedi knights quit alliance wars for a season and they get passed in war rating, they could still have a high multiplier the next season. But they’d be at the bottom bracket in terms of rewards cause they had 0 season points. Then they should move up brackets quickly because of the multiplier and they don’t lose, so war rating is going up, too. Getting stone rewards for fighting master alliances, at least in the first fight until they get the points and get repositioned in a higher bracket.
    Yes, that's basically correct. Although I'm not sure if you're implying that war rating drops if you don't fight wars: that's not true. War rating goes up if you win, down if you lose, and stays exactly the same if you don't fight at all. Your tier is based on the relative rank of your war rating, so if you don't fight any wars the odds are that you'll maintain the same tier as well, since some alliances will win and jump higher than you and some will lose and fall below you while you stay at exactly the same level.

It is possible, with rating drift, for you to fall to a lower tier if you do not fight at all, if you were very close to the border between tiers and it just so happens a couple more alliances jump above you than fall below you. But it is usually not possible to move by a lot when you aren't fighting. But regardless, every season every alliance starts at zero, and has to earn points by fighting wars to earn season rewards. Higher tier alliances have an advantage because they have a higher multiplier, so they get more points per war, but everyone starts at zero.