**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

A hot take on Odin

2»

Comments

• GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 ★★★★
    Rookiie said:

Reference said:
    You're most, most welcome! I am not sure if Odin applying his own pre-fight buffs to himself increase his damage, but that's also something you can try! Cheers @Reference
    He can't.

Unless another Odin can apply pre-fights to him, but...
  • Ted_n00bgentTed_n00bgent Posts: 527 ★★★
    I have a couple more questions.

Does he need to be awakened?

If I put one of the pre-fights on one champion can I use the other unused pre-fights for a different champion in a different fight? Is it best to just load up one champ?
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,762 ★★★★★

I have a couple more questions.

Does he need to be awakened?

If I put one of the pre-fights on one champion can I use the other unused pre-fights for a different champion in a different fight? Is it best to just load up one champ?

No he doesn't need to be awakened at all. All his awakening ability does is copy one of the following buffs from the opponent when knocked down:
    Fury, Armour Break, Energy Resist, Physical Resist or Critical Resist.
    The Fury and Armour break are not significant in their value, and the last 3 are too niche to find so his awakened ability won't really help you gain more unique buffs for your SP2.

Yes, you can. Whether it's best to load up one champion or spread the buffs across different ones is up to you. If you're coming across a Buffed Up node then sure, it's best to load up one champion to bypass the node. But usually you'll find that the Aptitude buff works best for champions with a lot of buffs, like Red Goblin, Silver Surfer and Cosmic Ghost Rider. You might want to save the Shock buff for a node that inflicts Shock (this came up in an SQ a while back). And maybe the Protection buff for a champion with a risky playstyle. Some champions like Ghost and Silver Surfer benefit from being loaded up with all 3 buffs, so it really depends on you.
  • Ted_n00bgentTed_n00bgent Posts: 527 ★★★
    Thanks!
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    Rookiie said:

Reference said:
    You're most, most welcome! I am not sure if Odin applying his own pre-fight buffs to himself increase his damage, but that's also something you can try! Cheers @Reference
    Once I get used to his rotation, Odin hit really really HARD!

Reference said:

Rookiie said:

Reference said:

Awesome! I'm so glad!
  • Reference said:

Rookiie said:

Reference said:

That’s awesome mate
  • _Reef_Reef Posts: 265
    Rookiie said:

Reference said:

Is there any effective rotation on Odin? Thanks.

The main rotation:
    Get Odinforce, then Heavy (Energize buffs),
    Get Odinforce, then SP1 (True Strike & Bulwark buffs),
    Get Odinforce, then SP3 (Gain copy of all buffs & Extend buff),
    Get Odinforce, then SP2 (Deal damage per unique buff & refresh all buffs).

You gain Odinforce when either Odin or the opponent gets knocked down twice.
    Just read this and went back and did this... sp2 used to hit 50k or 60k, much better with rotation
  • SeatWarmerSeatWarmer Posts: 15
    Lpoo said:

Odin is the Apocalypse of the cosmic class.

1. Makes others in the same class godly (well documented Hela gameplay)
    2. Great on his own (although the pic below is with Heimdal and Angela and Odin at r1)

Fern got him as a 4 star and got him to r 3.
    _Reef said:

Rookiie said:

Reference said:

Is there any effective rotation on Odin? Thanks.

The main rotation:
    Get Odinforce, then Heavy (Energize buffs),
    Get Odinforce, then SP1 (True Strike & Bulwark buffs),
    Get Odinforce, then SP3 (Gain copy of all buffs & Extend buff),
    Get Odinforce, then SP2 (Deal damage per unique buff & refresh all buffs).

You gain Odinforce when either Odin or the opponent gets knocked down twice.
    Just read this and went back and did this... sp2 used to hit 50k or 60k, much better with rotation
    That's awesome dude, glad I could help!
  • GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 ★★★★
    altavista said:

One major difference between Odin and Apocalypse is how the 'every other fight' thing is framed.

It is more punitive for Odin - you must go to sleep or suffer from decreased damage. Even if you use Odin well, you should still not use him every fight, as you'll miss out on potency to your buffs as well as missing having another buff to add to your SP2 damage.
    It is an unnecessary bonus for Apocalypse - you can take a fight or two off to recover health. If you use Apoc well (or if he is unduped), you can go on using Apoc the whole time without any limitations.

It is typically better design to encourage a behavior rather than force/penalize a behavior.

That little nitpick aside, I do quite enjoy my Odin design wise. SP2 is so satisfying to do.

It was much worse before they tweaked him, as his Fury was tied to Odinsleep rather than a (relatively) less important Aptitude.