**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

True Focus

Comments

• BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Qacob said:

I mean....the only other alternative I can see is a percentage-based chance to fail. Then people are at the mercy of the RNG.

That would make them useless in my view. Even at 99% chance for quake to fail, it’s too little.

I honestly have no idea how a nerf would be done, but I don’t think that would be it.
    A nerf for quake could be by adding some way for the opponent to gain power. Maybe they gain 34% of a bar every time her aftershock activates. That way she could still quake like normal but wouldn't have the complete shutdown she normally has, plus you'd need to break rhythm to bait specials.

For ghost you could maybe allow her to only remove bleed and poison debuffs with phase? Maybe incinerates too.
    Ok, bit of a wild thought, and feel free to shoot me down lol, but I just thought what if Quake got an entire overhaul, and Kabam gave her a really amazing kit. I’m thinking some sort of buff that was Diablo level good. Made her a genuinely amazing champion and have her play normally, not like quake does now. Then she’s not so broken, and quake players still have a really amazing champ worth ranking and using.

My reasoning is that the Dr Strange nerf took way too much away from those champions. And left people with a shell of a champion nobody would rank.

And remember this is all along a hypothetical of what if they HAD to be nerfed, not that I would do this no questions asked.

So instead of having nerfing quake to have a 95% chance to evade, or one that has 50% AAR, that we just wouldn’t use, instead of ruining the champion and going way, way too far with a nerf. Go for more of a rebalance, which keeps quake as a useful champion, with a brilliant, useful kit, and one that people would be happy to rank.
    I like the idea in principle but I'm worried about the application. We were told that the Dr. Strange nerf, for example, would leave him as a top champ in the game, albeit closer to the pack. He's been irrelevant since the nerf and they have felt no obligation to make good on the promise.
    Yeah it’s an absolute relevant concern. And I’d definitely have the same concerns. Dr strange does still sting.

To be fair, Kabam have had a lot of time to learn from Dr Strange, and we didn’t have the buff program.

Maybe they could work with the CCP to test Quake’s new kit to make sure she’s still a genuine top option.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

Qacob said:

I mean....the only other alternative I can see is a percentage-based chance to fail. Then people are at the mercy of the RNG.

That would make them useless in my view. Even at 99% chance for quake to fail, it’s too little.

I honestly have no idea how a nerf would be done, but I don’t think that would be it.
    A nerf for quake could be by adding some way for the opponent to gain power. Maybe they gain 34% of a bar every time her aftershock activates. That way she could still quake like normal but wouldn't have the complete shutdown she normally has, plus you'd need to break rhythm to bait specials.

For ghost you could maybe allow her to only remove bleed and poison debuffs with phase? Maybe incinerates too.
    Ok, bit of a wild thought, and feel free to shoot me down lol, but I just thought what if Quake got an entire overhaul, and Kabam gave her a really amazing kit. I’m thinking some sort of buff that was Diablo level good. Made her a genuinely amazing champion and have her play normally, not like quake does now. Then she’s not so broken, and quake players still have a really amazing champ worth ranking and using.

My reasoning is that the Dr Strange nerf took way too much away from those champions. And left people with a shell of a champion nobody would rank.

And remember this is all along a hypothetical of what if they HAD to be nerfed, not that I would do this no questions asked.

So instead of having nerfing quake to have a 95% chance to evade, or one that has 50% AAR, that we just wouldn’t use, instead of ruining the champion and going way, way too far with a nerf. Go for more of a rebalance, which keeps quake as a useful champion, with a brilliant, useful kit, and one that people would be happy to rank.
    ...no. Just no. That completely goes against my point of a nerf reducing the number of options for players who haven't done the content we have.

It's impossible to change a champion who has had such a significant impact on the game for FOUR YEARS. You can overhaul a trash champ like Miles, you can nerf a new champ like Namor, but you can't nerf a champ like Quake, people have used her for tons of content already. not to mention you’re suggesting an overhaul. Because there are still people behind who are counting on their Quake and Ghost. Just as I did a few years back.

And what if people enjoy Quake? Well I don't, but there are people who do. Some of the 'Quake gods', for example, by overhauling Quake you're removing a fun aspect of the game from them. I don't think I, you, even Kabam, get to make a decision like that.

If your point is that Quake and Ghost need some sort of suppression, well then design new nodes. True Focus ruins so many champions and makes the two unusable, and a nerf to Quake/Ghost ****s with earlier content and newer players too much. Plus ruining the experience for players who actually enjoy these champs. Y’all are saying that Quake and Ghost are way better than other champions. While it’s true that they are stronger than most other champions, they are not overpowered enough for you to use them in every single piece of content, in every fight, not overpowered enough for you to just rank these two and forget about every other champion in the game. ‘Balanced’ doesn’t have to mean every champ is equal. Every game has outliers and as long as they don’t make the game unfun and unplayable, it’s perfectly fine.
    So I see you and other bringing up old content as reasons they shouldn't be touched. You realize that Act 6 itself was nerfed drastically compared to what it was like when lots of us finished it (I didn't use Quake for any of it btw). So if your reasoning is valid, it isn't, then you should also be in favor of putting Act 6 back to its original state and making everyone that finished the nerfed version go back and do the original.

Now that's a ridiculous suggestion obviously, but so is yours that champs can't be touched just bc they've been in the game a long time. If content can be adjusted when the devs deem it too difficult, guess what, champs can be adjusted when deemed too powerful as well.
    Ok that's not what I meant. Act 6 was an absolute ****show that was basically begging for a nerf back in the day. Not with Quake and Ghost at all.

If your point is that Quake and Ghost need some sort of suppression, well then design new nodes. True Focus ruins so many champions and makes the two unusable, and a nerf to Quake/Ghost ****s with earlier content and newer players too much. Plus ruining the experience for players who actually enjoy these champs. Y’all are saying that Quake and Ghost are way better than other champions. While it’s true that they are stronger than most other champions, they are not overpowered enough for you to use them in every single piece of content, in every fight, not overpowered enough for you to just rank these two and forget about every other champion in the game. ‘Balanced’ doesn’t have to mean every champ is equal. Every game has outliers and as long as they don’t make the game unfun and unplayable, it’s perfectly fine.

I still stand by this point and I think that True Focus/nerf are both just straight up unnecessary.
    So you want content to continue to be easier and easier and continue to have brokenly OP champs that ignore the vast majority of the game? That seems like healthy and smart long term game design.
    Overpowered means making other champs literally unplayable,
    No it doesn’t my guy

The guy who knows the power of quake enough to bring a 4* into gauntlet is saying she’s balanced lol
    There were a lot of champs that countered that terrax is just funny. I used Gulk to counter that terrax. The fact that OP used a 4 star instead of using an actual counter like a Magik or a Gulk is proof that she is broken.

Simply add a cooldown on evade and BOOM, no more quaking in the corner. Almost every other champ has a cooldown or a condition to evade which prevents them from evading continuously like Quake.
    Qacob said:

Pulyaman said:

Simply add a cooldown on evade and BOOM, no more quaking in the corner. Almost every other champ has a cooldown or a condition to evade which prevents them from evading continuously like Quake.
    But that would make her basically useless then. If a nerf is the way forward, it has to be small enough that she stays at the top of her class.
    How would that make her useless? She can still place the concussion when required, like Brawl or Arc overload. You need to time the evade or concussion correctly just like you do now. They can tune her numbers up so that she can deal more damage to make up for the decrease in utility.
  • Player_SlasherPlayer_Slasher Posts: 156 ★★

Qacob said:

It's impossible to change a champion who has had such a significant impact on the game for FOUR YEARS.

While it’s true that they are stronger than most other champions, they are not overpowered enough for you to use them in every single piece of content, in every fight, not overpowered enough for you to just rank these two and forget about every other champion in the game. ‘Balanced’ doesn’t have to mean every champ is equal.

Every game has outliers and as long as they don’t make the game unfun and unplayable, it’s perfectly fine.
    First off, you’re absolutely ignoring the points I make and I’m starting to think you’re not reading my post. “this is all along a hypothetical of what if they HAD to be nerfed, not that I would do this no questions asked”. So when I say, ok, let’s say Kabam said they were nerfing quake, how about this for an idea? And you say “nO KabAm ShOuLDnT NerF” you’re absolutely ignoring my point.

“It's impossible to change a champion who has had such a significant impact on the game for FOUR YEARS.” I’m sure 12.0 would love to disagree with you. I’m afraid you don’t get to decide what’s impossible for game decisions in a game you don’t run.

The game is being made unfun by quake and ghost. True focus is here, that is not fun. And until otherwise is proved, it’s here to stay based on 0 comments made about it by kabam, and by Kitty Pryde’s introduction. I’d be incredibly surprised if it was backtracked now.

I’ll ask you one more question, along the assumption that true focus isn’t changed, and that Kabam do not want quake and ghost to rule the contest as much as they do, how would you solve the problem?

To clarify, please stick to those assumptions, i know what you would do if you could change those assumptions so no need to say “get rid of true focus”. Assuming Kabam want to stop ghost and quake, and won’t change true focus, what’s the solution?
    So y'all just gonna let it be like that? Make Kabam force us to pick True Focus or a nerf to Ghost & Quake? That's just ****ed up imo when this whole thing shouldn't even have existed in the first place. I can't just **** it up every time whenever the devs make these game-changing decisions without any prior communication. The devs develop this game, but mind you we're the ones PLAYING it, if this 7-page thread and all the other threads out there continue to be ignored, then I see absolutely no respect to the 7-year old playerbase, basically a dysfunctional relationship, that's ****ed up and I see this issue as more game-breaking than anything concerning champion power levels.

And with all due respect, don't try to define 'fun' for everyone else. Nobody finds True Focus fun, this one I agree with. But I find Ghost fun. Some find Quake fun. It's part of the game that we enjoy, if you don't enjoy, say, Ghosting or Quaking a fight that's designed for someone else, then don't! No need to drag others into your perspective during the process.

Another thing I have been reiterating multiple times is that we Ghost and Quake players don't just use our Ghosts and Quakes! I have at least 20 other champs ranked and nearly all of them get daily usage in content! It's not like we spam Ghost and Quake in everything; I enjoy my Ibom, my Hyperion, my CGR, my Apoc & Cable team, etc. for content clearing as well! Ghost isn't my only champ; she's just another champion in my roster used to counter a fight when I believe she's the best option! And in content like 7.2 which I'm in the process of exploring, well that's not the case for 90% of the paths!

P.S. please stop bringing up 12.0. It's been 4 years and since then the game has seen the additions of Act 5, Act 6, Act 7, Variants, Cav EQ, Abyss, Gauntlet, and anything that I would call 'content' nowadays. I just find it difficult to compare the game pre-12.0 to nowadays since the meta is completely different.
    Pulyaman said:

Qacob said:

...no. Just no. That completely goes against my point of a nerf reducing the number of options for players who haven't done the content we have.

It's impossible to change a champion who has had such a significant impact on the game for FOUR YEARS. You can overhaul a trash champ like Miles, you can nerf a new champ like Namor, but you can't nerf a champ like Quake, people have used her for tons of content already. not to mention you’re suggesting an overhaul. Because there are still people behind who are counting on their Quake and Ghost. Just as I did a few years back.

And what if people enjoy Quake? Well I don't, but there are people who do. Some of the 'Quake gods', for example, by overhauling Quake you're removing a fun aspect of the game from them. I don't think I, you, even Kabam, get to make a decision like that.

So I see you and other bringing up old content as reasons they shouldn't be touched. You realize that Act 6 itself was nerfed drastically compared to what it was like when lots of us finished it (I didn't use Quake for any of it btw). So if your reasoning is valid, it isn't, then you should also be in favor of putting Act 6 back to its original state and making everyone that finished the nerfed version go back and do the original.

Now that's a ridiculous suggestion obviously, but so is yours that champs can't be touched just bc they've been in the game a long time. If content can be adjusted when the devs deem it too difficult, guess what, champs can be adjusted when deemed too powerful as well.
    Ok that's not what I meant. Act 6 was an absolute ****show that was basically begging for a nerf back in the day. Not with Quake and Ghost at all.

I still stand by this point and I think that True Focus/nerf are both just straight up unnecessary.
    So you want content to continue to be easier and easier and continue to have brokenly OP champs that ignore the vast majority of the game? That seems like healthy and smart long term game design.
    Overpowered means making other champs literally unplayable,
    No it doesn’t my guy

The guy who knows the power of quake enough to bring a 4* into gauntlet is saying she’s balanced lol
    There were a lot of champs that countered that terrax is just funny. I used Gulk to counter that terrax. The fact that OP used a 4 star instead of using an actual counter like a Magik or a Gulk is proof that she is broken.
    Mate didn't have Gulk. Still don't have a Magik. 'Actual counter' well yes there are other non-metal power control options out there, but back then my only reliable power control options were Vulture and AoU Vision, both of which couldn't have worked against Terrax due to his immunity against metal. And trust me I wouldn't have used Quake if there were other options that were relatively cheap, because, well, it's a 4-Star and not a 5-Star like the rest of my team, but I scanned my roster and there was nothing available that could've been cheap for Terrax and Vision. And therefore, I Quaked him, and for the Vision fight right up next as well, but mind you that was at the cost of my fingers. Fights literally lasted for 8 minutes straight. They were literally numb after both fights. Doesn't help that her playstyle prevents me from pausing and taking a break during the fight. I honestly found those encounters more challenging than Mix Master Korg or Lifecycle Sasquatch, both of which Apocalypse destroyed.

Her damage is nothing impressive. Her utility to not take damage and not grant power requires more patience and skill than most if not all other champions in the game. That's what makes her balanced imo, yes her utility is nuts and she can take no block damage but the payoff is the playstyle. If you're different from me and you don't need any effort in Quaking an 8-min fight, congrats you're a skilled af Quake player. But I can't believe that that would be the case for most here.
    Rillian said:

Rillian said:

people are ignoring the fact that nerf/true focus isnt an option and kabam can solve this by being creative and add some fun nodes like they did in act 7 and cav EQ. both are so op but they are many counters for them now. so i disagree with people shouting for a nerf because all kabam need to do is adding some fun nodes

Actually creating fun content each quest is probably quite difficult. I imagine there are Too many factors to balance.

It’s likely safer to give kabam a ready made solution here, that they can easily slot in then give us all a pat on the head for being such a helpful wholesome community.
    like ruining two really good champs? both true focus and nerf are not a ready made solution. first one takes away some champions utility and safe net, and the next one takes away the fun people are having with those two character. kabam proved it's not hard for them to be creative by the examples i given here. people saying like kabam do it like what they did to namor and cull. but what it would give me? the stuff i used for ranking them up? i want to have a strong champion on my side not having my stuff back since i dont have many options to rank up and they will be expired soon!

I’d say your argument had merit if a 4* quake didn’t seriously outperform a 6* iron fist…
    Anyone can outperform Iron Fist.
    Rillian said:

Rillian said:

Rillian said:

people are ignoring the fact that nerf/true focus isnt an option and kabam can solve this by being creative and add some fun nodes like they did in act 7 and cav EQ. both are so op but they are many counters for them now. so i disagree with people shouting for a nerf because all kabam need to do is adding some fun nodes

Actually creating fun content each quest is probably quite difficult. I imagine there are Too many factors to balance.

It’s likely safer to give kabam a ready made solution here, that they can easily slot in then give us all a pat on the head for being such a helpful wholesome community.
    like ruining two really good champs? both true focus and nerf are not a ready made solution. first one takes away some champions utility and safe net, and the next one takes away the fun people are having with those two character. kabam proved it's not hard for them to be creative by the examples i given here. people saying like kabam do it like what they did to namor and cull. but what it would give me? the stuff i used for ranking them up? i want to have a strong champion on my side not having my stuff back since i dont have many options to rank up and they will be expired soon!

I’d say your argument had merit if a 4* quake didn’t seriously outperform a 6* iron fist…
    so what? even 4 star CGR can outperfom many champions lol
    Why would you make such a comment so deep in a thread, unless you just wanted to prove you hadn’t read what had already been said?

Rillian said:

Rillian said:

Anyone can outperform Iron Fist.
  • Kacar99Kacar99 Posts: 56
    edited September 2021
    I’m not a good quake player, but i mastered ghost and she is my favourite champ in the game. I invested so much into my r3 sig 200 ghost on both my accs.
    But tbh I don’t always use ghost for every content. I have a pretty nice acc with 20 r3 atm on my main and 10 r3 on my mini acc and I love to use my other champs like Corvus, Hercules, fury, Cmm, and many others.
    Let us play the champs we want, It’s about having fun in the game, and pls do not limiting us by true focus kabam.
  • HenriqueSCCPHenriqueSCCP Posts: 413 ★★★
    Even with True Focus, Ghost still breaks the game.
    https://youtu.be/KzThLecfbDQ
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★
    Rillian said:

Rillian said:

Kacar99 said:

I’m not a good quake player, but i mastered ghost and she is my favourite champ in the game. I invested so much into my r3 sig 200 ghost on both my accs.
    But tbh I don’t always use ghost for every content. I have a pretty nice acc with 20 r3 atm on my main and 10 r3 on my mini acc and I love to use my other champs like Corvus, Hercules, fury, Cmm, and many others.
    Let us play the champs we want, It’s about having fun in the game, and pls do not limiting us by true focus kabam.

If you want my honest opinion, as owner of a max sig 5* & 6*r2 fury. It’s better now but he was a blight on the skill class for such a long time, so overpowered compared to the rest, I would have been happy to have nerfed him too

The other three I have less experience with. Corvus, deliberately so.
    So the game cannot have any outlier champions. Every good champ must be on the exact same level or they must be nerfed. C'mon mate that's very unreasonable, Nick in the end is just another champion with an obvious weakness called Bleed Immunity. Every champ is unique, in some areas they are the best and in others they are not so much, it's all part of the process and the fun of the game and you can't just shout 'nerf' to all good champs just because you think they are overpowered in some matchups.
    That is not my rationale. Watch Brian grants video on learning ghost. He doesn’t want to learn her but feels he has no choice.

Same with me and fury. I think he’s boring. I wanted to play other skill champs. But until this year it was impossible NOT to include him on the team. The skill class is getting much stronger now so that doesn’t apply so much.

I disagree with this. I have Ghost. I don't like to use her. So I don't. I figure out other ways to counter the content that she's best at.
    I'm TB with close to 10 R3. Don't have a 5* Fury and have a 6* Unduped Fury. Even before Moleman and KP got buffed, I never used him. Just used other champs who I had.
  • Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    Since it's the work week now, what do you think the chances are that kabam will make a statement on this?

I'm thinking the chances are low until they have the chance to sell more kitty cavs.
    So still nothing from Kabam regarding the True Focus node. :/