**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Kitty Pryde- A meta defining champ?

DualityCopeDualityCope Posts: 433 ★★★
edited September 2021 in General Discussion
Here's my early take on her.

I think Kitty Pryde has the potential to be on the same level as some of the meta defining champs we have in game as people learn to play her.

I'm talking about the Nick Fury's, The Dooms, the humans torches.

The thing about Kitty is that she has free openings, with almost 100% uptime on said free openings. You get the three prowess at the beginning of the fight, and from then on, from what I've seen of her, it's HARD to get hit in any way.

The tigra synergy makes her unblockable almost the entire fight if you wanted to. (Nick fury/ aegon 999). Being unblockable is just busted. It's what makes NF really take over that top skill spot, that easy access to being fully unblockable.

Kitty has an even faster access to unblockable basic attacks. No throwing sp1 two times like Nick fury, she gets her unblockable abilities after what...10 hits? Then every time you dash in, you're unblockable. You can't light hit and be unblockable, but if you play her right there's no need to.

I mean just that alone, getting access to being unblockable even easier than Nick Fury makes her uh... something.

Then she has her damage which is not cosmic ghost rider level, but it is still at the very top. She has high burst damage, and getting her damge is so free with her unblockable openings.

Miss an intercept? Doesn't matter. Like, it's hard to imagine taking any type of damage using her.

Then of course she benefits from true focus which I'm not the biggest fan of personally, but it means *nothing* counters her phase at all.

She also takes no damage when phasing when awakened...

You see where I'm building up with this?

Almost 100% uptime on phase+ taking no damage when phased from any source means she will be close to being immortal when playing her.

If she stays in the game as is, I think we have a new meta defining champ. And possibly the best mutant as well.

... IMO

Comments

• odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,370 ★★★★★
    Best mutant?
    Nah..
    We have Mag's,Apocalypse and AA
    Top 7 Yes
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★
    She will have the same fate as Tigra in the worst case scenario. But I believe she will be even higher
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,681 ★★★★★
    @Qacob also had the same idea💡
    I agree with both of you too
    She's busted along with Hercules, and they're both going to be meta-defining champs
  • No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★

Best mutant?
    Nah..
    We have Mag's,Apocalypse and AA
    Top 7 Yes

Can you explain why mag's is better than her? I'm not saying she is or she isn't, as I haven't played with her myself so my understanding is limited - I'm hoping to learn the reasoning. Because OP made a pretty good case for her so I'd like to hear from the other side if possible.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    edited September 2021

Then of course she benefits from true focus which I'm not the biggest fan of personally, but it means *nothing* counters her phase at all.

Nothing counters her phase so far* because you know we will get a node or champion that counters it’s eventually.
  • TheHoodedDormammuTheHoodedDormammu Posts: 1,448 ★★★
    Soon after she comes out, she will not be working as intended lol
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,033 ★★★★★
    edited September 2021

Nothing counters her phase so far* because you know we will get a node or champion that counters it’s eventually.
    *Daredevil OG + Daredevil Hell's Kitchen have entered the chat
  • Hilbert_unbeatable2Hilbert_unbeatable2 Posts: 804 ★★★
    My bet she'll be more like tigra
  • te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 1,001 ★★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

Nimrod counters her somewhat. He has cowardice debuff which removes all prowess. Kitty cannot phase without prowess.
    what about Howard with the Not So Uncanny Synergy? if you knock her down she lose all prowesses, so you can technically parry/heavy all time without problem ^_^
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    Not sure about top mutant but I think you’re right that she’ll probably end up up there with the rest of the crazy broken mutants.

The trouble is with 'can't Miss' is that when she's phased, when DD and DDHK hit her (which they will) they encounter the problems of 'don't do any damage when hitting the opponent', 'grant a load of extra power when hitting the opponent' and 'make her phase last longer' so that you keep doing no damage and giving her loads of power...'
    I never ran into that problem. The point of Daredevil vs Kitty is to keep your normal playstyle of intercepting etc. Her phase never lasts while being punched in the face so the pros of being able to completely ignore her phasing outweighs whatever con power gain is which is the only thing because everyone does reduced damage against her phase not just Daredevil but at least he doesn't miss and like I said above, you can keep your normal playstyle without worrying about missing while intercepting etc.

The trouble is with 'can't Miss' is that when she's phased, when DD and DDHK hit her (which they will) they encounter the problems of 'don't do any damage when hitting the opponent', 'grant a load of extra power when hitting the opponent' and 'make her phase last longer' so that you keep doing no damage and giving her loads of power...'
    I never ran into that problem. The point of Daredevil vs Kitty is to keep your normal playstyle of intercepting etc. Her phase never lasts while being punched in the face so the pros of being able to completely ignore her phasing outweighs whatever con power gain is which is the only thing because everyone does reduced damage against her phase not just Daredevil but at least he doesn't miss and like I said above, you can keep your normal playstyle without worrying about missing while intercepting etc.
    But when you hit her when she’s phased, she’s gonna have increased power gain and pause her phasing

If she’s high sig a combo is gonna give her about 2 and a half bars of power. My sig 20 took a combo from hit monkey in the Shang chi challenge and she got a bar and a half
    again that's not the point of using Daredevil against her. the point is just keep your regular play style. one or two hits to into the phase is all it takes to play her normally whereas if you don't have a counter, it completely alters how most would play. with Daredevil you just remove the general worry about missing into her phase. her phase doesn't last long enough to matter when you can just intercept do two hits and play her normally .. or not even intercept just hit her while phased. it completely changes how effective she is when you can't miss.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

But when you hit her when she’s phased, she’s gonna have increased power gain and pause her phasing

If she’s high sig a combo is gonna give her about 2 and a half bars of power. My sig 20 took a combo from hit monkey in the Shang chi challenge and she got a bar and a half
    again that's not the point of using Daredevil against her. the point is just keep your regular play style. one or two hits to into the phase is all it takes to play her normally whereas if you don't have a counter, it completely alters how most would play. with Daredevil you just remove the general worry about missing into her phase. her phase doesn't last long enough to matter when you can just intercept do two hits and play her normally .. or not even intercept just hit her while phased. it completely changes how effective she is when you can't miss.
    So your plan is to 1, 2 hit her while she's phased. So that means she pauses her phase, has incredibly increased power gain and takes 0 damage from you. Also, she'll likely be phasing before a special, since the best way to bait is to let them dash at you, so that means after a special you won't do damage there, she'll also keep her prowess unless you bait an sp1 after a couple hits, so it's actually really hard to find a moment to do any damage at all. I won't lie, I just can't help thinking there's got to be a better way.

I've tested it just now with my DDHK, he works well as a staying alive counter, but at the cost of doing no damage for 80% of the fight. After 2 mins, I had taken 20% health. And the only time I managed to do any damage was a lucky moment when she used an Sp1 on my block, taking a bunch of my health, but it meant she lost her prowess and allowed me to use my special while she wasn't phasing.

I think you're missing the point that you can't do damage while she is phased.

• SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★

not sure how the we've gone from kitty on offense to countering her on defense but hitting into her phase is asking to eat a special 3 or get cornered by multiple specials. Having to deal with 250% increased combat power gain on a defender is not something I'd consider a counter. Yea you don't miss but you've introduced an equally annoying problem.

You're better off using non crit champs and playing her stun immune/blocking sp1s to reset prowess.

And kitty as an attacker uses DD for free power gain like any other miss counter
    edited September 2021
    https://youtu.be/n9bSfvXTcO8

we all play differently guys. the power gain was never a problem for me and i solo'd her with DDHK every time. it was the fact that i could play her like i normally do that was the most important thing to ME. her power gain never came into play.
  • IcePickIcePick Posts: 212
    There is at least a 50 percent chance Kitty is not “working as intended” and will be tweaked a little. I don’t think a 400k special 2 is intended for her. I’m a little resentful if she ends up being a top 3 mutant for 3 reasons;

(1) the top mutants like OR, Stryfe, Apocalyose and Magneto actually battle 10+ x-men at a time in the comics. And AA, Professor X, Iceman, etc are all very powerful mutants. But kitty is more like a jubilee or a rogue. Ridiculous to make her a top choice in terms of mutants

(2) the mutant class is way to powerful as it is. Having another powerful one is not a big help. Making cosmic Phoenix beyond god tier would be much better for the balance of the game and true to the comics

(3) kabam is starting to nerf ghost and quake with the new node. I’m ok with it, but not if they now introduce a new champ who is not only immune to that but actually BENEFITS from that new node. It reeks of self-interest.
  • PseudouberPseudouber Posts: 748 ★★★

Her phase isn't counter by the same things ghosts phase is?