**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Present and Future of Officers

SeenkSeenk Posts: 198 ★★
edited September 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
Hello everyone This is my appeal to the Kabam, so that they notice another global problem (which cannot be noticed in the game)

You all know very well how valuable Officers are now and how difficult it is to find them. Many people do not want to do this, someone has too few Officers in the Alliance and the Leaders/Officers of such Alliances have to manage several BG for AQ and AW at the same time, it takes too much time from people - but what is the result? Not all players appreciate the Officer's Work and all receive the SAME Rewards after the season.

REWARDS
To compensate for the precious lost time of Officers and increase the demand for officers (since no one wants to do Officer, because it is boring/long/hard/takes time), I suggest adding some additional rewards to the Alliance Officers.

For example: (Possible options for adding additional rewards)
  1. Additional Rewards for the AW (Glory, Crystals, Shards, ...)
  2. Additional Rewards for the AQ (Glory, Crystals, Shards, ...)
  3. Adding Crystal Officer's (Shards of which can only be obtained by Officers)
  4. Adding Objectives for Officers
  5. Adding a Calendar for Officers

Guys, support this post, let Kabam notice and do something for the benefit of our beloved Officers who are working so hard for you, for your victory in the AW, trying to raise the Alliance up. It will also give us more people who want to become Officers (because it will finally be profitable), thank you!
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,370 ★★★★★
    Would lead to folks fighting for the position
    Some might even leave if the position isn't promised
  • SeenkSeenk Posts: 198 ★★

Seenk said:

You're an officer aren't you?

No, I'm Leader
    If Kabam implements your idea, everyone will want to become an officer. There will definitely be abuse of power. This will also collapse almost all long-standing alliances.
    Since you're a leader, you may see officers as people who help out with BGs. The other members will see officers as people who get extra rewards for almost no effort.
    Eventually everyone will demand to be made an officer, and you'll have either all 30 members doing an officers job, or a handful of officers and virtually no members.

The effort an officer does isn't enough to solicitate extra rewards imo, especially if it puts the stability of a alliance in jeopardy.
    Kabam can make a limit on Officers in the Alliance (for example, 9 Officers per Alliance)

I don't think that everyone will want to suddenly become Officers, since many have work / children and the like that do not allow an Officer. But this should make it possible to get Officers who can afford it in time, and there are not so many such people. This is a very controversial issue. Everywhere has its pluses and minuses. And I don’t think that normal players will leave because of this just because they do not receive additional rewards.
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    Nope, only possibility is to give out cosmetic rewards like a cool title and/or profile, otherwise people would just break into smaller alliances and take advantage of players willing to lose out on rewards.
  • It's very good
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    No this is a terrible idea.
  • jdrum663jdrum663 Posts: 551 ★★
    It's a pretty good idea, I just can't think of a way it could be done without it being abused.
    jdrum663 said:

It's a pretty good idea, I just can't think of a way it could be done without it being abused.

I am sure that the majority will support this idea, and those who are dissatisfied with this idea are usually players who do not want to be an Officer.

In my Alliance, the Officer controlled two BGs at once, motivated people and helped with the attack AW - for this help, the whole Alliance would not mind being given rewards for this or something like that. I think not only we have such situations and therefore many will understand me.
  • Too open to abuse, there’s still the potential for dissent. If you manage AQ you’ve probably got less to do than if you manage AW for example. Ultimately officership is a self imposed burden and should be treated as such.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,079 ★★★★★
    edited September 2021
    I'm an officer and I don't like this at all because I don't want to create an environment where people will be resentful for my position and I definitely don't want to be put in a position where a system that I am entrusted with can be abused for personal gain.

Being an officer is not about profit, it is about leadership and setting the bar for my team and challenging myself and the thing about honest leadership is you're not doing this for yourself, you're doing this for the team and that is going to include thankless moments.

If you want a reward or show gratitude to the people running these teams, have the dev team follow up on their proposal into upgrading the Loyalty system. Back when Dorky Dave interviewed members of the Kabam Team, one of the best ideas I heard was wanting to increase the cap for daily loyalty earned as well as providing some form of a bonus system that incentivizes people to stay with their team. I mean it feels like a much more worthwhile investment instead of just giving me more stuff.
  • Geralt_123Geralt_123 Posts: 595 ★★★
    I would not mind some cool pfp according to alliance AW position and according to the duration any person has served in a particular alliance.Like if you are an officer in any platinum alliance and have done 6 months stint as an officer then you receive some good looking shining pfp and another one after one year.This would also allow them to serve as an officer in any new alliance when they join and their trust level.
    Same applies to Leader as well.They should also be provided awesome pfp for the efforts they have put to keep people together.
    Some changes can be done but I guess pfp won't hurt other people of your alliance who are not officers or Leader.
  • SaltygoodnessSaltygoodness Posts: 343 ★★
    It’s a good idea but unfortunately this may lead to everyone in the alliance being promoted to officers to get additional rewards. And will not solve the issues leaders face which is
    - officers are hard to find and to keep
    - even when people are promoted to officers many don’t really get involved in running the alliance

To make people interested in officer promotion and participation we (leaders) need to be able to promise them something / anything. But for now all we can offer is an officer title and a lot of work and effort to go along with it. And that’s it. Why would any sane person agree to that when they can be a regular member with the same rewards for less effort?
    Zan0 said:

You have to be completely insane if you think this is a good idea

Why not?))
  • SuvenduSuvendu Posts: 177
    1. Few alliance will exploit it by making everyone officer.
    2. Members will fight/argue within the alliance for becoming officer, will lead to unnecessary problem for alliance.

In my pov expecting rewards outta everything is a bad thinking. Good officers always gets respect, thats their reward. If one dont want it can resign the job.
  • DRTODRTO Posts: 1,612 ★★★★★
    Everyone will be an officer in this system, no one will join alliances that limit the number of officers, people will fight over getting officer positions.

I get that officers do valuable work and it adds an extra level of responsibility to the game, but this is just not the way to help them out. Can't just give a specific group buffed rewards cause everyone will want them too.